Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Install of Parrot 3200LS Bluetooth/Harmon Kardon 9 Speaker
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
toxxic

Canada 2008 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3
Install of Parrot 3200LS Bluetooth/Harmon Kardon 9 Speaker

This was supposed to be in the D3 Forum. If someone could move it Id be grateful.

i know there have been many threads on this but none of them gave any clear instructions on how the system works for me anyway. So I gathered information from all over the place and i wanted to post my experience.

Intro
So as far as I know you can not do aftermarket bluetooth on a Logic7 system. But on rest of highline/lowline systems it allows for aftermarket bluetooth.

Hardware
Parrot 3200LS (You just need the Blue box, MIC, and the Display, Discard everything else)
Harness for your D3. i purchased from here
Heatshrink Butt Connector maybe spare wire (you could also solder and heatshrink)

Tools
Screw Driver

Installation
1.Take out radio (plenty of videos out there and very simple to do)

2. On back of radio you'll see this (i got the pic from somewhere else in this forum)

You need the 2 connectors in middle.

The small one is a 12pin and thats where you will find the Phone +ve (Pin 3, White Wire), Phone -ve (Pin 5, White/Black Wire), and Mute (Pin 10, Yellow Wire).
Tip: If you unclip the red cover thats on the 12-pin connector, you can see the bare metal ends of the wires so you can easily tell which way to insert the wire clip that comes on the harness. if you insert the right way and push it in you will hear a click. Once all three wires from harness is in the connector put the red cover back on.

the large one is a 20-pin and is connected to the female end of the harness you purchased. And the New Male End from the harness is connected to the back of the radio.

The connector from harness that connects to the parrot blue box is obvious.

There will be three leftover connectors. Don't use the 4-pin connector.

You will be left with one Blue ignition wire (with a tag on it coming from the parrot blue box) and that needs to be connected to the cigarette lighter. There are 2 unconnected blue and red wires on the harness that have a bullet connector on them, leave those alone.

Now the placement of the parrot blue box, the parrot 3200ls display and mic. I left the blue box next to radio. i brought the wires for MIC and display from underneath the steering wheel, tucked them inside the side pillar next to steering wheel, then tucked them inside near top of windshield and brought them out by the centre lights on top (i just realized this would have to be done in reverse order as I have mentioned). I left the mic in the spot where the original mic would have been and taped it so it doesn't move and then put double sided tape on back of the display and stuck it on top.
 Land Rover LR3 SE v4.0

Matte Black Wrapped with Chrome Edging, Front Grille, Aftermarket Reversing Camera, Aftermarket Parking Sensors, Curt Class III Hitch, 

Post #173310513th Nov 2016 1:36 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >