DISCO3.CO.UK > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

FBH error code 05 & workbench idea....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bobmclane

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
FBH error code 05 & workbench idea....

Hi Guys,

Yep its that time of year again in Disco land... Smile So last year I found out the Disco 3 (55 plate) glow plugs are on the way out and were told could cost up to £1800 if they snapped while being removed. Armed with this information and wondering what the white smoke billowing out of the bottom of the car was I started googling and looking at these forums I saw that I had a FBH installed and there were various options & clever bits of kit to switch on and pre-heat the engine which can alleviate the need for glow plugs.
I decided to go with a really nice bit of kit (Altox WBUS 5 with GPS) from Altox-eu, very cool piece of kit that's operated by phone or web and trace the location of the car. However it also highlighted a fault with the FBH (error code 5) Confused tries to start for a couple of mins then stops and ticks for a bit.

So seems the FBH itself is faulty, my initial thoughts are to buy a 2nd hand one (seen a 2008 one running) and following Robbie's servicing guide for the replacement and the old one so they are both serviced.

Anyway enough of my long winded ranting Rolling Eyes 2 questions for you clever folks -
1. error code 5 = "Flame was detected prior to combustion" with this in mind how do I fix this?
2. I'd like to setup a work bench with a 12v power source, water & fuel pipes, cables, fuel etc anyone know exactly what parts I need and a rough wiring diagram for me to do this...?

Any help appreciated Smile
Bob

Post #173269212th Nov 2016 10:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >