Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

McCarthy & Stone retirement flats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
al cope

England 

That is a really good point Bill, as with my MiL's career visits they are 1/2hr slots, and whilst most of the time its the same (very nice) ladies, its not guarenteed, so you can end up with folks that dont really give a damn.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #17028198th Sep 2016 2:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Iguana

Ukraine 

Firstly thanks to all those who sent PM's with advice and a few that called me Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down

After having a long discussion with her Dementia nurse, and following her advice we have decided against the move into a retirement flat. Essentially we were advised that Mam is likely at some point to move into a nursing home ( Big Cry ) and adding another short term move into a flat will not help her at all.

The Nurse also listed many other areas such as the 40+ years of memories in the current house, where she knows where the spoons are, the toilet, fridge etc....moving to a flat could see her take a major step back with regards to the dementia

So we are working hard to improve things at home and stepping up the visits (There are 5 of us, 2 local and three living 'away') to make sure that the house is as safe as can be as well as making sure that she has as much company as possible.

It's a tough old time and I think we need to next look at some care provision at home as suggested as well by the nurse

Thanks again for the help on this Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #17152524th Oct 2016 1:19 pm
gje

Wales 

Im sure youve been told that if she qualifies for NHS continuing care due to a medical, not social , condition then its free & no adjustment is made if even if she has savings in excess of the threshold limits?

Post #17152944th Oct 2016 3:26 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Thanks gje - Big brother is looking at this for us, but yes we're aware that this is free
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #17153074th Oct 2016 4:11 pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I think that sounds like a sound course of action Iggy. Thumbs Up

Quote:
The Nurse also listed many other areas such as the 40+ years of memories in the current house, where she knows where the spoons are, the toilet, fridge etc....moving to a flat could see her take a major step back with regards to the dementia

I very much concur here. After my late father-in-law, SWMBO's mother has also now been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She lives on her own (with her Dachshund companion) but she has help each week and SWMBO visits daily and arranges her tablets (a never ending cause of frustration, sadly!). She still gets on really well in general and the only real issues arise as a result of some change of routine - if you can keep the old habits going, then this makes the world of difference. Sometimes it's not so much forgetting the right things that's the issue, as remembering the wrong things.

Perseverance and keeping upbeat is the name of the game. Thumbs Up
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #17153184th Oct 2016 4:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >