Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Black Forest performance upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
irobbie

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Quote:
Talk to me if you want info on the Diesltune options in Australia...

Hi simon_arch1

You have a PM.
 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 SE HiIce White/Alpaca ARB Bullbar  
Post #2319518th Dec 2007 12:58 am
WayneD

Location: Sydney Darwin ,Singapore, USA, UK and now country NSW

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have not noticed any smoke. Having read the posts it was a concern, however on a recent trip through the sand hills at Stockton Beach I was following two D3's, one tweaked and one not. Both emitted the same amount of smoke and I thought the standard emitted slightly more, both cars were working hard.

Luv the power!
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #2323459th Dec 2007 10:55 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

All diesels will emit smoke when the throttle movement is greater than that required to maintain or increase current speed - it's the nature of the beast Wink in most circumstances, remapped engines will emit less smoke under acceleration (when the throttle is applied progressively) as the fuel is burnt more efficiently - worst case is that the smoke output will be the same as a standard tune but of course everyone will be watching the remapped vehicle for smoke..... not that it matters 'cos it's behind you - like the D3's with the standard engine mapping Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #2323479th Dec 2007 11:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StornowaySA

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Fuel Economy Post remap

In the "chipped" (remapped) TDV6 SE we are now averaging (combination of city and highway) 10.3 litres per 100km's (over 2000km's since it was done at the 25,000km mark); Used to be ever so slightly higher; Definitely noticed the 100nm of additional torque when we towed the dual axle Horse float last weekend!!!
 MY2010 D4 HSE 3.0, e-diff, 19inch MTR's; LLAMS Height adjustor, LR f & r light guards, LR side steps, LR bright finish side door mouldings; LR/Mantec G4 front bash plate, LR G4 Winch kit, Warn 9500lb Winch; GOE compressor guard, Uniden UHF, LR bright finish roof rails, LR G4 driving light kit, LR G4 ladder, 4 x extra rear compartment 12V sockets, Traxide dual battery system and Optima Yellowtop battery, ORS drawer system / fridge slide, LED rear compartment lighting.  
Post #23355013th Dec 2007 8:25 am
Dizz-Co

Hi all,

Noob forumite here, and D3 owner since June 07 - Loving it.

Just wondering if anyone with the remaps have ever got any comments from Authorised LR service departments after getting it done ?
(i.e any warnings ??)

How easy is it for them to tell it's been done ?

I'm keen to feel the extra grunt, but would hate to get in a sh*t fight with the warranty.

Dizz.
 2007 D3 SE TDV6 - Zermatt  
Post #2392222nd Jan 2008 9:32 am
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

One dealer told me that they knew mine had
been enhanced because he read it on the forum .
That was in respone to my request not to have any
changes made to the computer.
At the time he didnt seem too worried about it
but we have butted heads a few times lately Sad

Post #2392252nd Jan 2008 9:39 am
StornowaySA

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I simply weighed up the risks. Yep, there is a risk that a problem could develop with the engine (unrelated to the Tuning) and that a Dealer could use the Tuning to void the Warranty. IS that likely? Probably not. I've owned about 10 cars and never had a problem with the engine and come to think of it cant recall last time I claimed under any warranty. So, to me the Risk is acceptable for the benefits gained. EVeryone has a different level of "acceptable risk" (which is good as the World would be boring if we were all the same)! Very Happy
 MY2010 D4 HSE 3.0, e-diff, 19inch MTR's; LLAMS Height adjustor, LR f & r light guards, LR side steps, LR bright finish side door mouldings; LR/Mantec G4 front bash plate, LR G4 Winch kit, Warn 9500lb Winch; GOE compressor guard, Uniden UHF, LR bright finish roof rails, LR G4 driving light kit, LR G4 ladder, 4 x extra rear compartment 12V sockets, Traxide dual battery system and Optima Yellowtop battery, ORS drawer system / fridge slide, LED rear compartment lighting.  
Post #2395613rd Jan 2008 12:57 am
WayneD

Location: Sydney Darwin ,Singapore, USA, UK and now country NSW

I agree with you Black Perth. I cant remember how many cars I have owned over (many) years and have not had to call on the dealers to repair major engine faults. The great majority of people on this site take far greater risks taking them to places that many 4x4's dont see (unfortunately), which would not be covered by warranty.
Me, well I am enjoying my Disco 3 immensely and the additional power is verrry nice. But its not for everyone!
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #2395753rd Jan 2008 3:22 am
Martin Krutli

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Blackforest Performance Upgrade

Well, had the majic numbres and incantations waved over the new Disco about a week ago. No difference re fuel economy (as far as I can tell - but I've only covered about 2,500Kms so far, so a long way from run in), Definately a much better drive - engine seems smoother and pulls the camper trailer is if it wasn't there. Also seems to be less smoke than before. At this stage I'd say it's absolutely great value.
Cheers,
Martin
 MY08 TDV6 SE. White/Alpaca. BFG265/65/18 At's
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.
Rasta Plate. 110L LRA long-range fuel tank. 

Post #2396183rd Jan 2008 11:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >