Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
kaney

tyres

just got a quote for some 18" general grabers AT2 £106 to do both on road & off road each fitted & balanced do's that seem fair and the right thing to do your opinions please. :roll:www.4x4 tyres.co.uk THANKYOU.
Now i've got a gallery for you to view the tyres etc. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by kaney on 12th Oct 2005 6:56 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #214514th Oct 2005 7:23 pm
nick

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I like the look of the G4 goodyear tyres, on 19" rims.
Does anyone know how much these baby`s` are, and can they be used all year round. I suppose noise, and mpg would be a slight problem ..
I have a low speed drone coming from drive/wheels, and today my dealer said he couldnt hear any thing but tyre noise! and with 12k on the clock, the tyres are 2/3rds through their life..
mmm....
I did notice that the two front tyres are a lot more worn on the inner edges, so i`ll swap front`s for rear`s asap..

Post #214584th Oct 2005 7:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Kaney, what size are they? We knew D3 sized ones were coming out but didn't think they'd be available until early next year. They are already available for the later D2 TD5s.

Si
 The End  
Post #214674th Oct 2005 8:11 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Nick, the G4 Goodyears are MTR so are bound to be noisier and not as grippy on road. I know they're supposedly available but I've not heard of anyone actually getting any

Si
 The End  
Post #214684th Oct 2005 8:13 pm
BN

England 

They also do not have deep enough side to the tyres for my likeing.

Post #214714th Oct 2005 8:29 pm
kaney

the tyres are 18" i don't remember the full spec but they travel up to 130 mph ( the mag is in the van ) my price was by a 4x4 specalist in southport don't know if i can name them on site but i can send you a private e-mail if you want with contact details

Post #214744th Oct 2005 9:03 pm
BN

England 

kaney wrote:
the tyres are 18" i don't remember the full spec but they travel up to 130 mph ( the mag is in the van ) my price was by a 4x4 specalist in southport don't know if i can name them on site but i can send you a private e-mail if you want with contact details

Don't name the tyre dealer, but put the tyre spec on the thread and we can check with Goodyear. However they must exist because I have just missed yesterday a set of 19" MTR's from a specially prepped G4 D3.

Post #215115th Oct 2005 6:49 am
Coffeecup

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
...I have just missed yesterday a set of 19" MTR's from a specially prepped G4 D3.

I understood that the way to go was to smaller wheels so that the tyres had larger side-walls. Therefore why are the G4 vehicles running 19"" wheels with lower profile tyres. Confused

Coffeecup

Tonga Green March 2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green - Manual
Stornoway Grey May 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey - Auto
Tonga Green Dec 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green - Auto 

Post #215155th Oct 2005 7:18 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Coffeecup wrote:
BN wrote:
...I have just missed yesterday a set of 19" MTR's from a specially prepped G4 D3.

I understood that the way to go was to smaller wheels so that the tyres had larger side-walls. Therefore why are the G4 vehicles running 19"" wheels with lower profile tyres. Confused
does sound a bit mad doesn't it?  
Post #215175th Oct 2005 7:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
Coffeecup wrote:
BN wrote:

does sound a bit mad doesn't it?

For better off road that we are going to do, you need to get grip and protection for the wheels. Skinny walls are not good. The G4's I think are either a fix or a trial. Just go back to basics and the 90's 110' with 16" wheels etc. Don't forget our sources are from the trade and they just want to get rid sometimes.

Post #215315th Oct 2005 8:43 am
Coffeecup

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
The G4's I think are either a fix or a trial...... Just go back to .... Don't forget our sources are from the trade and they just want to get rid sometimes.

You mean the trial might have been inconclusive, so they considered passing them on to you... who will break them if anyone can Exclamation

Coffeecup

Tonga Green March 2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green - Manual
Stornoway Grey May 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey - Auto
Tonga Green Dec 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green - Auto 

Post #215375th Oct 2005 8:55 am
BN

England 

Coffeecup wrote:
BN wrote:
The G4's I think are either a fix or a trial...... Just go back to .... Don't forget our sources are from the trade and they just want to get rid sometimes.

You mean the trial might have been inconclusive, so they considered passing them on to you... who will break them if anyone can Exclamation

Noooo, I don't break things. They may have been useless as you mention.

Post #215425th Oct 2005 9:03 am
nick

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I was on a LR experience day in devon, and after a while in the D3 on 19s, i came off a pretty steep slope into a sharpe right and pushed the tyre right off the rim. A crash coarse in changing a D3 tyre whilst on a sloaping gravel track was`nt part of the trip, but was definatley an experience...
I`m sure it was just my driving though ?,................

Post #217685th Oct 2005 9:14 pm
BN

England 

nick wrote:
I was on a LR experience day in devon, and after a while in the D3 on 19s, i came off a pretty steep slope into a sharpe right and pushed the tyre right off the rim. A crash coarse in changing a D3 tyre whilst on a sloaping gravel track was`nt part of the trip, but was definatley an experience...
I`m sure it was just my driving though ?,................

Any tyre can come off a rim, but the lower the wall, the more chance as there is less flex.

Post #217705th Oct 2005 9:20 pm
freeflytim

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

A proper 4x4 tire will have a bead lock that prevents this from happening in all but the most extreme circumstances... conditions the D3 will never see.

The Nittos I fitted on my truck do have a bead lock so I won't have that problem. But, Im in the US so it doesn't matter.
 Wa Hoo
-Tim
Chattanooga Tennessee USA
D3 V8HSE7HD
D1 kitted trail truck.
A Hummer is just a Hummer. A Land Rover goes all the way. 

Post #2229510th Oct 2005 3:30 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >