DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Rear lamp unit bulb replacement.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Rear lamp unit bulb replacement.

A friendly chap stopped me at Chester services on the M56 today, and kindly informed me that my passenger side brake light was out. I was a little surprised, as I (wrongly) presumed that a car of the price tag of a D3 would have a bulb failure warning system somewhere, but on inspection of the manual and spec sheets, it does not.

No problem, the manual clearly states how to change the bulb. The only observations I can report are that having removed the two screws on the inside edge of the lamp unit, it still takes a good hefty tug to get the unit to pop out, and there is not really anything to get hold of. The best method is to pull the unit out from the bottom edge - you can just about get hold of it.

There was some talk a while back as to the whereabouts of the fresh air outlet vents for the car interior - well I can report that I found it behind the left rear light Wink

Post #212363rd Oct 2005 6:27 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I had the same issue when I needed to remove the light to fit the tow-bar electrics. Found the easiest way (once you've undone the screws) is to insert something strong but non-scratching into the small gap between the light and the body and lever it out. I used a plastic grout spreader but anything should do, once you've got it moving it just pops out

Si
 The End  
Post #212443rd Oct 2005 7:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >