Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Roading & Green Laning

East Devon LRE trek day 11th Sept
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LaserTam

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
East Devon LRE trek day 11th Sept

Any one else booked on this and did you get a call today from LRE saying the date will change to 18th Sept? Issue with the landowner apparently.
I have a weeks holiday and accommodation booked based on the 11th and whilst we could adjust it a bit, it's going to mean some extra hotel nights and an extra days leave from work. But of pain really.

Lady said she would take it away and speak to landowners and let me know. Curious if anyone else has had the same call.
 MY2012 D4 HSE Nara Bronze with some extra stuff  
Post #163961312th Apr 2016 12:00 pm
camelrock

England 

Hi where doing east Devon in June and not heard anything. I know it's a couple of months earlier than you but if it's an issue with the land owner I would of thought it might affect us as well. Being September and on private land it could be something to do with the shooting lot..

Post #163964112th Apr 2016 12:36 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Clinton estates or MOD

Post #163972712th Apr 2016 4:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LaserTam

They have confirmed its moving to the 18th now, which is a pain but we can extend our holiday slightly.

Sounds like it's a specific issue with 11th Sept, so suspect your June date is fine. Interested to hear how yours was once you have been.
Post #164012513th Apr 2016 1:57 pm
LaserTam

Been and done this now. Had a great week in Dartmouth leading up to the 'day' - what a lovely part of the world. Weather was kind to us, some nice walks and just doing the kind of stuff we like doing.

Then the trek day last Sunday. It was mostly on the Clinton Estates on the East Devon route. There were 7 paying cars (2 Discos and 5 Defenders) with a couple of LRE cars. Well organised, nicely planned route, starting with some fairly simple stuff, but taking us to a few places with great views along the coast. A few road sections in between as we expected, but gradually moving to more challenging terrain. Final section was some fairly steep ups and downs (well seemed steep to me Very Happy ) which just demonstrated how 'clever' these cars really are. You lot know this, but I can cruise down to the south west in comfort and in nice environment, then use the car to do the stuff I did this day, impressive. I originally considered a Defender before getting a Disco - soooo glad I didn't get the 'farmers car' as the wife calls it. Wouldn't have been as comfortable on the 6 hour drive down to Devon!

This was my first off road session in my own car (just a half day LRE session before this) so was a bit of a worry, but increased my confidence through the day and car was undamaged thankfully, if a bit muddy. Helped I suspect, by the LRE guys doing a reccy of the route on the previous Thurs and cutting back some vegetation, good job.

Recommend this to anyone, seriously considering booking the Exmoor trek next year and added the bonus of SWMBO really enjoying it too - so plans being made for some 'pay and play' days too.
Post #171038124th Sep 2016 6:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >