Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Suspension Fault -Wiring Diagrams discrepancies??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
COB

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Suspension Fault -Wiring Diagrams discrepancies??

Vehicle down on the bump stops for a month or so now.

Spent a day ringing through most of the wires for the suspension system. Found all from the compressor/ front control valves/rear control valves to be good to the connectors at back of the front left wheel arch.

From there things got a bit odd. Wiring diagrams I have, I got on a CD on ebay a few years ago have numerous Land Rover bulletins, wiring diagrams, training and are for the NAS vehicles. Have seen the same drawings posted here in a number of places.
Are these the same for RHD issues???? As I seem to have found a number of discrepancies as to which wires go to which plugs on the Air Suspension Control Module.

So far have found

Power/Battery from Fuse 26E is shown as going to Plug C2321 on the Air Suspension Control Module. In reality goes to C0867!
Front Control Valve wires has 6 wires that go through C2559/C2560(2 Pairs) & C2528/C2527 (1 pair), drawings show these going to plug C2321 on the Air Suspension Control Module (D199) as shown in the drawing. Colors and pin numbers are correct but they actually go to plug C0867 instead.
Rear control valve (D280), All go through C0377 (male/female symbol in drawings is back to front), 1 Pair from rear cross link are shown as going to Plug C2030, found them to go to C2320 instead. Pairs from the right (N161) & Left (N162) Corner valves are shown as going to plug C0867 on the Air Suspension Control Module (D199). These pairs actually go to C2321, again colors and pin numbers correct just the wrong plug.
Air Suspension module. Pair from Exhaust Valve (N165) through C2293/C2294 to Plug C2320 on the Air suspension Control Module actually go to Plug C2030.
Air Suspension module, Pair for motor temp (T351) for some reason goes back through C0377/C0391 then back inside the vehicle to the Air Suspension Control Module plug C2030. Was hoping to find the cause of my suspension fault there as EPB fault was found to be one of the wires in that loom.
Air Suspension module, Pair for compressor temp (T252) through C2293/C2294 to Plug C2321
on the Air suspension Control Module (says to pins 2 & 17, this plug has only 8 pins). Found this pair to go to C0867.
Have not checked the network cable connections though some are obviously wrong as have found them to be used already (CAN_OUT_POS/on C0867-17).

Anyway, found all the cabling so far to ring through OK, all back together and have now developed an ABS warning light as well.

On start-up get HDC Fault, ABS light, and after 12/13 seconds or so "Suspension Fault"

Scanner arrived yesterday (Foxwell NT510)
Whole bunch of faults, battery had been disconnected, cleared most, but for suspension I’m left with.
U0416-86/Temporary - Invalid data received from vehicle dynamic control module.
U0421-94/Temporary - Invalid data received from ride level control module.
C1A20 - 64/Permanent – Pressure increase too slow when filling reservoir.

So far, checked most of wiring. Have new battery, changed out the right rear suspension strut (had been sitting down a little on rear when left for a day so). Have cleaned the brake switch (but just had a new one dropped off while doing this so will change out now, may help with the HDC fault!)

Do a clear on these and the compressor runs for about 12 seconds, amber light and “suspension fault” comes back on.
Searched for C1A20 – 64 fault and came across these repair kits on ebay. With full instructions on fitting.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321594954288?_trksi...EBIDX%3AIT

In hindsight vehicle might have been a bit slow rising before the suspension failed completely and as the compressor seems to be running, thinking this may be an alternative to a complete new compressor.
Anyone any experience with these??

Post #162463713th Mar 2016 6:48 pm
Matt_Hosking

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

"Front Control Valve wires has 6 wires that go through C2559/C2560(2 Pairs) & C2528/C2527 (1 pair), drawings show these going to plug C2321 on the Air Suspension Control Module (D199) as shown in the drawing. Colors and pin numbers are correct but they actually go to plug C0867 instead. "

This is the most useful piece of information I have received in ages. I was relying on the wiring diagrams that are available here:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...10_p11.pdf

and this document here:

http://media.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...iption.pdf

..but was getting nowhere - I can also confirm that C2321 is not correct and that C0867 is indeed where the front valve block wires come from. Very Happy

Many thanks,
Matt.

Post #178056919th Feb 2017 12:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >