Historic bad LR Dealer workmanship.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
Historic bad LR Dealer workmanship.

As an aside to my thread about the Torque Converter I’ve had fitted to my D3
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post1589233.html#1589233

The fitters discovered that the two most difficult to get to bolts holding the bellhousing to the engine were not actually fitted.
Plus the main wiring harness for the gearbox had also not been fitted to the car correctly, being badly routed loosely across the top of the box.
I also discovered a couple of years ago when I fitted the uprated part, that the front diff breather tube didn’t go up through the engine bay, but was jammed horizontally alongside the Gearbox.

James at EG did explain that it’s not unusual to get Discos and Range Rovers in that are missing bellhousing bolts as they vibrate out, but the explanation for all the above issues with mine is a worrying one.

I purchased the 55 plate D3 @ 5 years ago, up to that point it had been a one owner car, and had a full LR service record.
At @18 months old and 37K miles, it had a new Engine, radiator and turbo fitted under warranty by a Land Rover garage in Norfolk.
I received a pile of receipts etc with the car, including the details of the engine swap warranty work, and the lower mileage engine and turbo were one of the reasons I liked the car.

To my knowledge this was the only major reassembly work ever carried out on the car in it’s life until this week, which means the Land Rover dealer in Norfolk put it back together in such a bad state.

Over the weekend I’ll dig out the details and publish the name of the garage.

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #15892648th Jan 2016 10:58 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >