Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

rear seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
nicmenicnic

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
rear seats

Hi All, Just picked up my new discovery commercial and want to get some rear seats put in - I'm not a fan of the folding bench seats that are ready available so wanted to really get some factory looking ones if not factory ones!

Any pointers on if any one has them to sell or where best to look?

Thanks in advance Smile

Post #156227817th Nov 2015 10:55 am
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Metal Monster Junk is your first port of call Thumbs Up

Enjoy your purchase Very Happy
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #156228117th Nov 2015 11:01 am
Slug

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

It's my understanding that you can't put original seats in a commercial according to HMRC.
If you do then you shouldn't reclaim the VAT.
Atlantechseating would be my recommendation.
Thumbs Up
 Still lurking, although moved to the dark side: disco5.co.uk
2019 D5 HSE
2019 Baby RR First Edition 

Post #156235017th Nov 2015 2:38 pm
nicmenicnic

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Silly really - you can have seats but they have to look Censored ......HMRC's logic!!!

Post #156236217th Nov 2015 2:55 pm
Nabi

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Just picked up mine from Atlantech leasing a couple of weeks ago. Kid's reckon they are better than the previous (non commercial) D4 we had - grown ups think their more comfortable!

Perfect match to the front seats - very happy with them.
 Nick
2015 Discovery 4 Commercial 

Post #156356619th Nov 2015 2:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nicmenicnic

sounds good - do you have any images of them?
Thanks!

Post #156357019th Nov 2015 2:35 pm
Stevep5950

United Kingdom 

Mine are Atlantech aswell.
Not one person who has been in the car has realised they are not standard seats.
The pictures on Atlantech site don't do them justice, they look OEM with the contrast stitching and the updated headrests.
My 3 kids are all on booster seats of some kind, they fit better in this than any other car I've ever driven.
As so many people have said on this forum (I scoured it before went down the Atlantech route), putting original seats back is risking a big tax bill.

Post #156365919th Nov 2015 5:49 pm
nicmenicnic

would love some pics of them Smile

Post #156366519th Nov 2015 5:57 pm
Nabi

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

I'll see if I can get you someone - although it's dark when I go to work and dark when I get back, so you might have to wait for the weekend.
 Nick

Post #156368719th Nov 2015 6:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
iyoti

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I've been considering some rear seats for my commercial. I've put the plans on hold for now, as it's been rather handy to have the bulkhead in place and a completely flat loadspace.

What I was hoping to do was speak to my dealer and get originals, then take them to someone to have them fitted with a wooden or metal backing – maybe even reusing the panel that comes fitted. The way the standard seats fold down then slide/drop forward-and-down means I could still make use of a full, flat loadspace. The fold-forward-and-up seats I've seen mean that you get a 2-level loadspace, not great when you're trying to pack stuff in, and I'll absolutely use the flat loadspace more than the seats – they're purely for the odd occasion I'm shuttling people rather than things.

If anyone's done something like this, I'd love to find out more!
 2016MY Discovery 4 Commercial , 3.0 SDV6 Auto, Santorini Black, side-steps, 510s.

Mods: LED interior lights. Front guard.
Soon: black grille, tinted windows. 

Post #156627723rd Nov 2015 10:00 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Oh my sainted aunt...

This topic must crop up every six months or so and I'm sure a search for 'commercial seats' should throw up a rich vein of reading material.

If you have a Commercial, there must be a good reason why you opted for this and the cycnic in me will assume that you've gone for the financial benefits associated with the VAT reclaim process, combined with the pleasure of having a 'van' that can actually ferry you 30,000 miles a year in some degree of comfort.

So - VAT benefits means you need to keep it as a van.

Put LR derived seats into it and you 'reverse engineer' it into a car and should therefore pay the VAT and, most importantly, also pay the Benefit in Kind of having a car (and associated fuel benefit) rather than a van.

HMRC doesn't look around for seats and choose the ugly ones for van conversions - mine are Atlantech and are fitted in exactly the same way as our crew van conversions with an N1 Certificate of Conformity which is lodged with our insurers. They aren't ugly and I've had mine transferred between two vehicles - they are there for occasional use but are very comfortable for that sort of use.

Yes, there are issues with the step created in the load bay but I have created an infil piece and store 'long' stuff under this whilst keeping the rest of the load area flat - it's a matter of a few minutes work if I need to sort the seats... not instant but good enough for me.

So, sorry to rage at a new user but you don't just go out and buy a Commercial and then realise you want to do something completely different with it...
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #156631523rd Nov 2015 10:45 pm
iyoti

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I purchased it because I have to ferry large amounts of stuff every few months. Perfectly happy with it as a van – I wouldn't've forked out so much cash if I wasn't – and the choice to add in rear seats is very much at the back of my mind till the need becomes pressing. I'd just rather not lose the loadspace if-and-when I do take the plunge, and it is quite annoying when you've seen how flat the standard LR seats go!

Interesting that you've put an infill section in – that never came to mind and could solve my issues! What did you build it out of? Do you keep it in the vehicle when the seats are down?
 2016MY Discovery 4 Commercial , 3.0 SDV6 Auto, Santorini Black, side-steps, 510s.

Mods: LED interior lights. Front guard.
Soon: black grille, tinted windows. 

Post #156632223rd Nov 2015 10:55 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

The infills are three units, made out of phenolic ply (ie the same stuff as the main floor system) so I can lift them out easily and sling them in the 'boot' when using the seats...
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #156632423rd Nov 2015 10:58 pm
Storming

Scotland 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

As previous comment " would love a pic "

S

Post #156634123rd Nov 2015 11:17 pm
Nabi

Rear seats in 2015 Discovery Commercial

There you go - they actually look much better in the flesh!

Nick

Post #156721725th Nov 2015 4:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >