Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

rear seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
iyoti

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Actually, they really do look good! Any chance of an "action" shot? (Eg, folded away)
 2016MY Discovery 4 Commercial , 3.0 SDV6 Auto, Santorini Black, side-steps, 510s.

Mods: LED interior lights. Front guard.
Soon: black grille, tinted windows. 

Post #156727225th Nov 2015 6:14 pm
Nabi

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Away with a car full of people until Sunday, so nothing until then I'm afraid.

However, they roll up much neater than standard seats do and essentially form a "temporary bulkhead" to comply with HMRC legislation.

If you can afford them (or are prepared to pay for them), you won't be disappointed with their looks or performance.
 Nick
2015 Discovery 4 Commercial 

Post #156762826th Nov 2015 12:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nicmenicnic

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

to be honest i bought mine as i needed a tow vehicle for work that was automatic (otherwise i would have bought a cheaper defender)

Im not doing this to be a tax or vat dodger, jeez i pay my fair share in that respect. Simply, its was 20k cheaper than the HSE model hence why i got it.

From what HMRC tell me you can do the conversion with original seats, reclaim the vat and run it as a van providing you have it as a pool car or don't use it socially. Its no difference to buying a car for company use and claiming the vat back on that (subject to vat qualifying)

And in that case that works for me Smile

Post #15742478th Dec 2015 5:02 pm
Stevep5950

United Kingdom 

You can't claim the VAT back on the purchase price of a company car.

Post #15742558th Dec 2015 5:20 pm
nicmenicnic

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

if its a pool car or to only be used for the purpose of the business i believe you can?

Post #15742618th Dec 2015 5:26 pm
nicmenicnic

Stevep5950 wrote:
You can't claim the VAT back on the purchase price of a company car.

Buying a new car:
You may be able to reclaim all the VAT on a new car if you use it only for business.

The car must not be available for private use, and you must be able to show that it isn’t, eg it’s specified in your employee’s contract.

Post #15742638th Dec 2015 5:28 pm
Stevep5950

United Kingdom 

Why would you be wanting to put in original seats in if it's just a tow vehicle for work designated as a pool car?!?

You can't use it privately and you have to leave it at work overnight (or nowhere near your home). It would also have to be readily available for colleagues use as it can't be allocated to one person.

Why bother with the seats at all if it's just a work tow vehicle pool car.

The HMRC would be all over that.....if they had the time.....

Post #15743048th Dec 2015 6:20 pm
nicmenicnic

read the original bit about saving 20k thats what has the impact Smile

Post #15743138th Dec 2015 6:27 pm
nicmenicnic

Stevep5950 wrote:
Why would you be wanting to put in original seats in if it's just a tow vehicle for work designated as a pool car?!?

You can't use it privately and you have to leave it at work overnight (or nowhere near your home). It would also have to be readily available for colleagues use as it can't be allocated to one person.

Why bother with the seats at all if it's just a work tow vehicle pool car.

The HMRC would be all over that.....if they had the time.....

And to get the original 7 seats are a fair bit cheaper than the seats being recommended Smile

Post #15743148th Dec 2015 6:27 pm
nicmenicnic

And that fact is i can now carry 7 people to a site if need be rather than taking 3 vans Smile

They are all good reasons why a lot of people do these conversions...actually its for no different reason then all the other people using atlantictic seats etc....there all doing it so they can carry more than 2 people in their "VAN" Wink

Post #15743218th Dec 2015 6:30 pm
Stevep5950

United Kingdom 

The point I'm trying to make is that if you're putting 7 original seats in it for private use it cannot be classed as a pool car or a commercial vehicle, plus your insurance will be all over the place for a modded car with no certificate of conformity.

Putting the fold up seats is legal and legit.

But like many of us the intention is to use it privately at weekends etc, if you go the seven seats and get caught you lose the 20K + fines.

I think one of the previous posters had a nice little rant about this earlier...........

Post #15743318th Dec 2015 6:35 pm
nicmenicnic

but if you focus on this point and this point only: Its not for social or private use

Post #15743368th Dec 2015 6:41 pm
Stevep5950

United Kingdom 

Your words in an earlier post "to be honest i bought mine as i needed a tow vehicle for work that was automatic (otherwise i would have bought a cheaper defender) "

You didn't mention the added minibus requirement.

You lose the commercial vehicle status by putting all 7 seats back as the load area disappears.

So why not buy a base SE spec and claim the VAT back, they are pretty much the same price as the Disco and you don't have to pay for the extra seats, so probably cheaper all in.

You can then have the discussion with the HMRC straight away............

Post #15743398th Dec 2015 6:43 pm
nicmenicnic

i didn't mention the minibus facility because thats irrelevant.....

The vehicle i bought was the cheapest way of getting the vehicle for work use.....

If i said i want to use this privately i completely get your view....but i don't therefore the methods to what i have done are legit and HMRC agreed verbally over the phone that what i am doing is fine (providing its kept at work etc)

Hopefully you accept this now.....

Post #15743548th Dec 2015 7:00 pm
Stevep5950

United Kingdom 

OK Fella, it's not for me to accept anything. I've never heard of them ever accepting this before but there's a first time for everything.

If the HMRC have told you something on the phone then it must be true.

But you'd still have been better off buying a base SE and claiming the VAT back, better spec better resale value aswell!

All the best

Post #15743798th Dec 2015 7:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >