Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Discomadness's MY07 D3 HSE aka the shed thread.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 32 of 43 <123 ... 313233 ... 414243>
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Gary.

Man o man that back x Ray ! Wow ! Speedy recovery my man.

Love the steering wheel and switch panel !

I’ve got such a list of work and mods. Growing all the time.
First and foremost I think is a ctek and a dashcam. Parents are buying me one for Christmas not sure which one yet. Maybe the nextbase 512 or similar. Thinking of 2 hardwiring kits so I can swap between my van and disco. Think I’ll concentrate on the jobs I can achieve first with the bigger mods later.
Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #201058918th Dec 2018 7:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thks buddy

Thought u would like that Laughing

Will do some more mods when I’m back in action and thks for ur kind words Bow down

Thks, Am indeed well pleased with the D4 steering wheel, prefer the layout

Funny enough I’ve got a nextbase 512gw dashcam and got the hard wire kit, still haven’t got round fitting it all

I got the CTEK 5 , see higher models have a 12 volt supply , think it’s the ctek 7 ????

With the dual battery setup I’ve got was going to ——-

Run wires from my aux battery to my upper glove box , Fit a 4 x way fuse box then run the hardwire dashcam wires from there , so won’t effect my main battery

Looks a challenge getting that top glove box out

Got 2 x small sheets of 3mm aluminium so can cover the switch panel in order I can fit the lcd battery monitors , can tailor fit them then,

Fit the door card puddle lights , think a dremel might be the best way forward ???

Add some sun visor with lights, as I wear contact lenses and will be handy

Try and find the wiring for the heated windscreen washer jets

Of course if I can help in any way plse feel free to give me a shout and can share any links that u may find useful of any mods that I do

Looking forward to mods that ur planning

Good idea as u say ref 2 x hardwire kits

Ps, with me laid up at least I can keep myself busy with ur thread and planning future mods, Whistle

Post #201061218th Dec 2018 8:21 pm
gstuart

Also added the battery monitor which can be used via an iPad or iPhone

Apologies if I’ve already mentioned the mod

Post #201062118th Dec 2018 8:31 pm
Discomadness

Hi Gary.
Excellent idea regarding the dash cam wiring. So looks like split charge will be high on the list then.
Was the tmax one the one you have ? Also would you send me a link to your thread for the instal ?

I like that battery monitor also ! Thumbs Up

Are the puddle lights not just blanks on your door cards or do they have to be cut in ? If they do I would go for dremmel also. If you need measurements or templates let me know and I’ll pop mine out and sort them out for you. I could post templates.
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201064118th Dec 2018 8:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

Hi buddy

Indeed fitted the T max system , enclosed some pics of my install , didn’t do a dedicated thread, apologises about that but plse feel free to ask if I can help, know , Pete k, Robbie to name a few where there knowledge was indispensable

Ref wiring the dash cam to the aux battery I thought when I’m parked up it will still be powered, will remove the dashcam over night though

Prefer The lcd voltage meters as they shoe a more accurate reading that the T max , not sure where I’m going to fit them yet

I didn’t have the 12s socket so just made one up

The door cards for the puddle lights are indeed blank and req cutting out , can see a very faint line inside the plastic , bless u ref the template but have a puddle light so can measure that

Even looked at buying some HSE door cards but then thought the extra wiring won’t be there for the extra speaker so scrapped that idea

If ur able to find out the route of the heated windscreen washer jets that would be fantastic plse , know it goes into the engines main fusebox but just hoping there may be an connector that’s been tucked out of the way

I made sure as I made up the leads for the split charge system that all the wires were in conduit, sleeves through the bulkhead as well, handy being an auto because if the access grommet by the servo

Took me a while to find the conduit tees, so able to incorporate 2 x conduits Into 1 line , ensuring all the wires were covered properly

Hope the pics help a little

Post #201075019th Dec 2018 7:17 am
Discomadness

Hi mate,

Impressive set up there ! I’d like similar, got a place in mind for the ctek to live and hoping I can use the plug on the rear like that. Got loads of things bouncing around my head to do mods wise !

After some more maintenance work I intend to go all out. I would like to sort my rear brakes and steering column out first, I’ve still yet to swap the lower front arms and arb bushes, more dinitrol work etc etc.
Oh and her delete software patch and a REMAP ! Lol.

Once that lots done I’ve got the shire fabrications sliders to restore and fit. Going to raptor coat them. I’ll be speaking to uncle ray for a sump guard and maunfacturing my own gearbox and compressor guards out of a sheet of 3 gauge duralumin plate i’ve Still got laying around. Would like to add an exped rack, ladder and rai and then get it dirty ! Probably add more lights also.

Always appreciate any help ! Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201106819th Dec 2018 10:13 pm
Discomadness

Well so far done just a smidge over 100 miles of various types of driving.

Permagrin restored.

For now. Laughing
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201163221st Dec 2018 5:19 pm
Beretta

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Permagrin??

I can’t remember them days!
 2010 Disco 4 HSE
- Digital Dash Club
- GAP BT IID 

Post #201165221st Dec 2018 6:38 pm
Discomadness

Hi Barretta.
After what I’ve been through the last 2 years with this car any win for me is a permagrin. Yes I’ve still got some form of injector issue or something. But still the car drive wise is a totally different animal. So permagrin. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201166521st Dec 2018 7:02 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

2 years? I've barely sat in mine for the last 2 years Big Cry
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #201168221st Dec 2018 7:33 pm
Discomadness

Eh Mikey !
Neither have I when you look at it. Thanks mainly to you that I’m able to now though ! Bow down
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201169221st Dec 2018 8:19 pm
gstuart

Discomadness wrote:
Hi mate,

Impressive set up there ! I’d like similar, got a place in mind for the ctek to live and hoping I can use the plug on the rear like that. Got loads of things bouncing around my head to do mods wise !

After some more maintenance work I intend to go all out. I would like to sort my rear brakes and steering column out first, I’ve still yet to swap the lower front arms and arb bushes, more dinitrol work etc etc.
Oh and her delete software patch and a REMAP ! Lol.

Once that lots done I’ve got the shire fabrications sliders to restore and fit. Going to raptor coat them. I’ll be speaking to uncle ray for a sump guard and maunfacturing my own gearbox and compressor guards out of a sheet of 3 gauge duralumin plate i’ve Still got laying around. Would like to add an exped rack, ladder and rai and then get it dirty ! Probably add more lights also.

Always appreciate any help ! Thumbs Up

Hi mate

Glad it’s of some use to u and chuffed that ur back on the road Thumbs Up

Normal service has been resumed Rolling with laughter

Am still waiting for my new puddle lights in order I can cut them into the door cards, got the projector ones, don’t know how good they’ll be but at least worth a shot Whistle

Also got to sort out a suitable dog ramp, been looking at different ones for months so will more than likely try and design something , well after this #&#&#&# upcoming back surgery that is as I don’t know 100% how it will go

All the best buddy and if I can help with any links of what I’ve done plse give me a shout

Post #201178722nd Dec 2018 10:28 am
Discomadness

Hi buddy.

It’s such a nice thing to be able to use the car ! Especially over Christmas now as we’re staying down the outlaws in west wales.

The cars not perfect by a long stretch but at least the drive is much better. I’m still getting heaps of white smoke and rough idle when cold. Sod it after Christmas I’m going to replace the other 5 injectors. I did one for a brand new one last year but still got odd readings. I think injector 6 is the faulty one. For now though I just have to put up with it. Injector one was the one I replaced

Had a little bit of a clean this morning, there was a few nasty marks from where it’s been in the garage and I’ve been a bit careless. More the drivers door card and seat. The seat base is on its last legs so I may well replace that in the new year. First though I think i’ll Give some of those “hacks” a go that a circulating YouTube . Nothing to lose really.
I’ve used glyptone leather cleaner and conditioner, only so far done the front, seats arm rests door cards etc. It’s certainly not the 5 minute job they make out. Especially as it’s not been done for I’m guessing a long time. One “hack” I tried with a fair degree of success is using the leather cleaner and a magic eraser. It’s made a huge difference.
Before :

After :

Regards to mods mate, any info you can throw my way I’d be really greatful, going to go for a split charge first, so any instructions, places to get stuff etc.

Also regarding a dog ramp, when my close friend had late stage cancer he couldn’t lift his bulldog in and out of his pick up, so I made one out of 2” aluminium angle, some chequer plate etc and pop rivets. It folded in the middle and worked a treat. Easy to knock up. If your not up to it Gary please let me know as I can easily make one up and send it down to you. Have my disco to use as a guide so it’s not a problem and I’m sure axel (my Puggle) can field test. Be more than happy mate. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201183322nd Dec 2018 2:28 pm
Discomadness

Clearly spoke too soon. Big Cry went to overtake on the dual carriageway. Car went into limp mode. Got the following faults. Done a bit of reading. I know it’s not the turbo actuator as that’s fine. I’m almost sure I can hear a bit of a pressure escape type noise at the front. The car has silicone turbo hoses with mikolor clamps and an alisport intercooler, i’ll Go and have a good look at it and see if something is loose. Just pray there’s not a crack in the intercooler. A faulty big hose I can cope with as I’ve got the original one which was almost new anyway. God this car is one drama after the next. Big Cry
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201209923rd Dec 2018 1:30 pm
gstuart

Hi buddy

See what u mean ref the inj readings, but the more experienced members will be able to guide u of what the Range should be, not 100% if there supposed to be between 800-1200 ????

Have u put any inj cleaner through the system yet

Please let me know when ur doing ur split charge and happy to send the links over for the conduit , crimps etc , also got the hydraulic crimper for the battery leads which I found very good

That would be awesome plse ref the dog ramp, as I know after surgery I’ll struggle big time trying to lift candy in and out of the landy , never allowed her to jump out as I’ve always been worried just in case she lands wrong , so something like that would be fantastic plse

In the mean time I’ll put a folder together with all the links so u can pick out what u need , if u look at the pics ref conduit I found some Y pieces so can join 2 x conduit together , inc fuses for each line

Bless u once again and always happy to help where I can with Info Bow down

Post #201210123rd Dec 2018 1:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 32 of 43 <123 ... 313233 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >