Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Do not use this company !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
moller841

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My best mate got a disco from here and within 2 weeks the car had sensors going off everywhere and when he took it to the garage they said that the car needed about 800 spent on the suspension bushing and something else which i can't quite remember, anyway he was told the car would have probably failed the MOT with what the problems were and he phoned them and asked them to sort it out, got told not us its the MOT garage etc mechanics they use so phoned them got the same response but in reverse.

He tried and tried to get them to pay as the car was advertised in mint condition etc however no luck.

So yes would agree don't use them!
 D3 54plate TDV6 SE Java Black
Hardon/Karmen system, Sat Nav, Heated front+back seats, Side Steps, 18" Alloys, Split exhaust 

Post #166584711th Jun 2016 10:47 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I used to work in a main dealer, while it was Stratstone

I wouldn't buy a car from Stratstone either Wink
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #166585111th Jun 2016 11:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Peakwayfarer

England 

Was in Nottingham Land Rover Stratstone this morning having a complimentary check up on the Landmark and to a have small self inflicted scratch on the bonnet sorted (metal watch strap whilst washing Big Cry ) and a trim item looked at.
Very helpful and obliging- all work done and no cost.
Used various Stratstones for the last ten or so years and never really had an issue with them - although generally prefer the independent family run dealerships such as duckworths but unfortunately not many of them about nowadays.

Post #166595011th Jun 2016 2:36 pm
Aaronb

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well looks like I won't be a d3 owner for very much longer , I think ( fingers crossed ) Blackhorse are going to pay me out and take the car back , but every cloud and all that should be in a d4 soon
 D3 Java black HSE now gone
D4 santorini black landmark ( reverse camera and black lettering , black wheel centres) 

Post #166796815th Jun 2016 5:52 pm
Aaronb

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well new car ordered 2010 d4 hse !! Hurry up next week
D4 santorini black landmark ( reverse camera and black lettering , black wheel centres) 

Post #166936818th Jun 2016 1:46 pm
Sniper1

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

Similar thing hence why im in a Landrover Disco 3 now.

I purchased a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe from a Hyundai main dealer in stony stratford in november last year.
Picked the car up, and all was fine. However after a heavy rain, the interior was soaked, floor sopping wet. Took it back and they said they would fix.
A week later it comes back, and its dry, but two weeks later, another heavy downpour and again the car is sopping wet.
So back it goes, and this time they want to strip the car, and in doing so, they claim the spot welds were leaking on the roof. Unusual for a hyundai and six years old!
Back it comes, and we go to America for xmas. Come home to find thhe car soaking wet inside, and mould growing!
So back it goes, and this time im upset and want my money back. They badger me until i allow then one last chance to fix it.
FOUR weeks later, they tell me the car is ready. I go to collect, to be told, oh sorry the technician has damaged the wiring loom (found out they had trapped it behind the dash and cut it in half!)
But i can have the car till they get another loom. The radio doesnt work, heater not working and no dash or speedo. Er...no! Thats illegal to drive a vehicle on the highway without a speedometer or odometer!
So they keep it for another three weeks, and finally last month i get to collect.
Two miles down the road and the car goes into limp mode, flashing lights on dash, jerking all over the place (bearing in mind i have a broken spine so thats REALLY not comfortable!)
Get it back to the dealer, who then tries to say they have done nothing to the electrics! WHAT.?? did you not just have to replace the loom because you cut it??? Is that considered electrics??
After a day of my solicitor explaining how both trading standards, and his office would be involved in the next 48 hours, they relented and gave me my money back.
I bought the landy.

However, whats scary is, the next day, they put the Santa Fe back up for sale for £10,499!! Dodgy dealerships everywhere!

Post #179740729th Mar 2017 7:59 pm
Aaronb

Sniper1 nothing surprises me with them , I've since had a mate who was in the market for a rrs , he found one at Evans halshaw even though I tried my best to persuade him to find another one he purchased it , he took it to stratstone Nottingham on my advice for a health check , to be told passenger side door hasn't been locking for two months and the drivers side one packed up earlier that day ! £20000 worth of car which could have been stolen very Easily ! He and stratstone called Evans to be told no one there to authorise repairs , 4 days later it took a call to some one higher up in the pendragon group to get it sorted ! They are a joke !

Post #179762130th Mar 2017 8:33 am
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Yes well if you think about it would you buy a car from "We buy ANY car" which is what EH effectively now is...

Lesson learned here for all I think.

Post #179762430th Mar 2017 8:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >