DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

generator smoked, strange faults, can´t clear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
twoflower

Germany 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
generator smoked, strange faults, can´t clear

hi all,
my disco is 05/1 2,7tdv s, 185tkm(approx120kmiles) after my generator broke down, and shortcuircited battery, i´ve got strange faults, like sunroof motor stuck, seat motor stuck, but got only solid roof, and manually seats. with my msv2 i cant clear them. already tried to flash the bcem but still172 faults like this making no sense because most of it isnt built in, also ard failure could delete it after new software put on, but still when ignition switched on"transmission failure traction reduced, but everything works.

tryed hard reset, no success, looked in the inputs, like ard ecu, but clutch 100% and acuator output works fine bsstbsst whithout any strange noises, checked the ccf but nothing looks messed there sunroof not fitted, but the fault still there, the automatic seats not fitted but fault shows still up and cant clear it.
there was none like this before the generator broke.
my lr dealer wants to replace several ecus about 2500€-3500€ they expect, and even wont guaranty that the faults will disappear after that.
ive already posted the prob´s in the d3 bbs-forum, adrian thinks this forum could know a solution, he thinks the fault are just related to the becm.
in four weeks i want to drive to iceland and have some fun there, ferry is booked, dont want to mess up
there.
any ideas?
kind regards twoflower
 don´t push the brakes  
Post #149471930th Jun 2015 1:59 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Your CCF is corrupted at one or more locations. Reflashing when the vehicle has suffered a major electrical event is fraught with risk but as you are potentially looking at replacing ECUs anyway you could try the following:

Confirm that the alternator and battery are now good.

Confirm and ensure that a high quality additional power source is connected.

Change a minor parameter on the IPC to see if you have correct 2-way data exchange with it.

If the IPC responds correctly then reflash the IPC with the 'as built' file for your vehicle.

If this works we can then look at the BCM.

Any chance that you have access to an IIDTool?

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #149474230th Jun 2015 7:36 am
twoflower

Crying or Very sad dear Robbie,
i´ve got no access to a iidtool but normally the faultmate msv2 gives access to all ecus and ccf.
had flashed it, but no success.
i´m using a 40a 14v power supply always through the process, watching the voltage while it. also an second battery optima yello top is fitted.
my next thought is, i´ll try next to activate the sunroof(whats not there)and the electric seats(also not fitted) and then try to delete ignition on off twice and after that to deactivate them and reset faults etc, but have to work all day in my practice, so got little time.
wouldn´t like to replace all this ecus, i know about many who havent solved the problems with new ones, in the german forum, and in the end it was more cable or connector problems.
already tryed hard reset twice, no success. i´m a bit unhappy now Crying or Very sad

kind regards
twoflower
 don´t push the brakes  
Post #149486730th Jun 2015 12:14 pm
twoflower

here an update:

still faults , but operates normal.

I did deactivate the ard in the ccf some time ago, after flashing the ard-ecu. when i did this, the faults became more effective, it lowered the air sus to the bumps and disco lights.
that seemed to me as a very strange behavior.

when i activated it again there were no faults eccept the calibration fault of the ard and the sus rises back to normal.

also it acts normal in offroad height, so on rough tracks, same ok on two wheels.

there are still the sunroof faults and electric seat faults, they are not activated in the ccf, and not built in??? i´ve got a solid roof, and manually operated seat.

on saturday 18th i´ll get back to do some tests on the car, and try to find the faults, may be somewhere else.
next week i´ll let my independend workshop (he was trained at lr) replace the air compressor, because after 185.000km it takes a lot of time to fill up, like 2-3 minutes. I already repaired it around 130.000km and now a new amk is going in.
the garage master is astonished what we can do with the msv2, his bosch thingy can´t get as deep in as the ccf or ecu flash.
some mentioned in the forum that some strange failures were connected and gone after compressor replacement.

arnott has not delivered what i ordered on the 6th of june, and i´m very angry with them. front air struts an compressor. now they need to pay me back, because they can´t deliver until the twentyfifth.
never again i will pay in advance for an order!

discoparts from ffm delivered me the compressor today, one day after ordering it!

here is a question: do you know the software number for the new compressor?
some wrote you need to flash the sus-ecu for the upgraded compressor.

the last day is the 25th july, to work on it and the 28th the ferry is leaving to iceland, so i want to be on it including my disco3.

maybe the disco needs some psychotherapy for its artificial intelligence? maybe natural fool is better.

I must be a fool, but I still love this car. Banging Head

regards twoflower
 don´t push the brakes  
Post #150281717th Jul 2015 12:57 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

There are two versions of the AMK software:

9H22-5A919-AA 6H22-14D392-AA 5H22-14D396-AA, 9H22-14D394-AA
9H2M-5A919-AA 6H22-14D392-AA 5H22-14D396-AA, 9H2M-14D394-AA

You should try them in that order. Thumbs Up

However, I would be looking to get the corrupted CCF sorted before starting anything else.

Arrow
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic126777.html
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic106413.html

Thumbs Up
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #150289517th Jul 2015 9:04 am
twoflower

dear friends,
here an update, after about two years, suspension fault, couldn´t change ride heights, i found the solution!
little mistake, oh dear. most of the last time i´vnt got time for diva.
but today, since two weeks i had also a srs fault, clockspring, so i had to take time for it.
i recalibrated the heights with the msv2, deleted faults switched on off still suspension fault.
again it says heights not calibrated, ive checked the programming , did calibration again, Evil or Very Mad
same fault as before Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Big Cry

checked if the eas ecu is set to normal, as every procedure before it was, - but then - i´ve checked how the tolerance setting is, after all was set to normal, it still operated on tight setting, after I´ve set it to normal tolerance all faults gone.
how could i´ve overseen this for the last two years. Embarassed
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
regards twoflower
 don´t push the brakes  
Post #184212629th Jul 2017 7:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >