Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Blowing hot and cold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dickbrowne

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Blowing hot and cold

So pleased that it's looking a little chilly today - gives me a chance to justify spending cash Smile

Simply put, following a visit from Bodsy over the weekend, I'm about to pop downstairs and press a button on a remote then go and grab some toast. The toasty theme doesn't end there, though - 10 minutes later, I will leave the house and clamber into a toasty Disco!

Yup, I now have remote heating enabled, and if anyone is thinking about having it done, I can thoroughly recommend it, and also recommend Duckworth Dan for the parts - I was on holiday last week, therefore not able to project-manage the process with my normal level of pain-in-the-backsideness, and Ian was turning up the day after I returned to fit the parts, so not much contingency for delay.

Dan not only gave a good forum-discount, but also made sure that the parts were waiting in my local post office for collection on the morning of Ian's visit.

As for fitting, I can thoroughly recommend Ian for this (other people offering this service are available!). I'm reasonably handy with a screwdriver and think nothing of ripping an interior from a car to fit toys, but if I had tackled it I would have taken much longer and broken more clips (Ian broke none) and still needed to have it enabled. The cost was reasonable and more than justified - I wasn't only paying for Ian's investment in the tools to do the job, but also the time he has taken learning how to do the job properly.

Finally, the cold part of the title refers to my recently-fitted armrest coolbox.

Pretty much ready for anything the weather can throw at me now Smile

Post #13683564th Nov 2014 9:11 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >