DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Transmission fault limited gears available
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MarkoZ

Slovenia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
Transmission fault limited gears available

Guys,

This topic is an old one I know but all of you that experienced the same problem in the past reported you cleared it.
The first time it happened to me was 6-7 weeks ago. highway cruising at 80 mph and suddenly bang, reserve program, no gears, abs off, epb off, suspension lowered. First I tried many tips found here but then drive it to the dealer. After 10 days of working on the car (cleaning the contacts - switches ????) they told me they cleared the problem but they do not know the cause of it. Big Cry
Now today after 5 weeks of running without the problem, here it comes again in Austria highway, some 300 km away from home in Slovenia. Shocked
My past experience was that running the car constantly between 2500 to 3000 rpm prevent the car to enter the reserve program, so I made it home safely but that doesn't mean tomorrow I will find the car lowered again right after first corner.
I would not like to put my disco again to somebody who will work on it for another 10 days and not find a mistake.
Changing the repair shop in Slovenia is next to impossible as there are none others. Sad
Please help me with hints what to do as I am about to abort the chapter owning disco, although these have been 4 very happy years till now.

Many thanks for any comments.

Marko

Post #9972041st Nov 2012 11:59 pm
The Transformer

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Easy first checks are brake light bulbs and brake light switch, worth swapping them all but only use genuine LR parts. Could also be abs sensor, wiring etc

Post #9973792nd Nov 2012 2:26 pm
NickJ

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Replacing the battery worked for me when I had a transmission fault and limited gears available, if though the auto electrical garage said it was fine after testing it.

Post #9974712nd Nov 2012 6:20 pm
discobean

I am still stuck with mine doing the same thing. But I heard cold also be the fuel filter.

Also could be a dirty switch/connector at the right rear wheel well.

Post #9990456th Nov 2012 11:10 am
MarkoZ

Slovenia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Hi guys,

Still stuck with the same problem. My stealer said that there might be a problem with a fuel pressure sensor or if not that a diesel pump.

Please let me know what is your opinion. it looks like they are more like guessing and I would be the one paying for it.

Thanks and merry Christmas to all of you,

Marko

Post #102273021st Dec 2012 12:03 pm
DerbyshireDisco

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Merry Christmas to you Marko, let us know if you solve the problem.
 Displaced Yorkshireman.
=^:^=
SDV6 Auto obviously, Loire blue/Ebony, ugly kid glass, RLD wheel protector, private plate and maybe side steps. 

Post #102279421st Dec 2012 2:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Low fuel pressure would cause the original symptoms, and would more than likely have left a fault along the lines of P0191, with a description the match.

Start with the basics, such as fuel filter etc. Then check for correct fuel pressure at the valve at the rear of the engine. You should have around 0.5-0.6 bar of pressure there. If all is well, suspect HPFP, or rail pressure sensor
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #102284321st Dec 2012 4:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
HelderTDV6

Portugal 2007 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackLR3
Re: Transmission fault limited gears available

MarkoZ wrote:
Guys,

This topic is an old one I know but all of you that experienced the same problem in the past reported you cleared it.
The first time it happened to me was 6-7 weeks ago. highway cruising at 80 mph and suddenly bang, reserve program, no gears, abs off, epb off, suspension lowered. First I tried many tips found here but then drive it to the dealer. After 10 days of working on the car (cleaning the contacts - switches ????) they told me they cleared the problem but they do not know the cause of it. Big Cry
Now today after 5 weeks of running without the problem, here it comes again in Austria highway, some 300 km away from home in Slovenia. Shocked
My past experience was that running the car constantly between 2500 to 3000 rpm prevent the car to enter the reserve program, so I made it home safely but that doesn't mean tomorrow I will find the car lowered again right after first corner.
I would not like to put my disco again to somebody who will work on it for another 10 days and not find a mistake.
Changing the repair shop in Slovenia is next to impossible as there are none others. Sad
Please help me with hints what to do as I am about to abort the chapter owning disco, although these have been 4 very happy years till now.

Many thanks for any comments.

Marko

Hello. I have a similar problem with my car.
Did you manage to solve it?

Post #228762712th Apr 2022 11:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >