Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 11 <123 ... 91011>
Washwipe

England 

Cheers Robbie Thumbs Up

Post #14549457th Apr 2015 8:29 pm
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

This saga continues.... My screen got wiped out on the A14 last week and it took a huge hit from a tennis ball sized rock. It still amazes me the strength of these windscreens... How it didn't come through into my face I don't know... Testament to the manufacturers...

Being with Axa they are with Autoglass... Let the fun commence... Five days from placing the original call and requesting an Optikool I was still waiting a call back to determine whether they would oblige...a number of chase up calls later and they will not promise to fit an Optikool as they use a number of other suppliers. They would not book me in into the appointment system unless I agreed to have one of their windscreens that they supplied.... I told them I'd love to have one fitted providing it was a Pilkington and around the conversation went again....

Five days later and I'm no further forward. Spoke to the insurer who has agreed to fund a Pilkington...Autoglass have now said it will be 7-10 days before the screen is delivered to them....

Incredulous the lengths that Autoglass will go to Censored off their customers!

We now await! Can't believe the biggest supplier of screens in the country has such a poor relationship with its suppliers that it takes 7-10 days for delivery of one screen! Says lots really! Banging Head

Post #147594519th May 2015 3:14 pm
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I ended up having new Land Rover glass fitted at local Main Dealer ,NFU insurance. Originally was directed to Autoglass, but after prolonged arguments, then they couldn't fit due to high winds, I cancelled the order and approached NFU who agreed I could get it done at dealer with same £50 excess.

Post #147599219th May 2015 5:55 pm
Farmer Chalk

Censored me!

Well Autoglass continue to alienate their customers! It's now a further three weeks and I finally get an email whereby Autoglass state they have a Pilkington windscreen finally arrive and they will attend today....no phone call to see if it was convenient just a Dear John we're coming letter!

Super....as it's such a huge hole in the windscreen, I'm glad , so thus take the day off....

My car is a G4 so to make it easier for them I get the car ready by removing the raised air intake and the side trims...( the Hella driving light wiring goes up the side of each screen )

Fitter arrives gets his stuff out . We have a discussion over the Pilikington glass order....yes he says...it's here on my pda that you've requested a special order.... I start to finally relax .

The fitter pulls out a screen from the back of the van and pulls out a Censored FY!

Oh dear..... Here we go all over again!

What do you have to do as a customer to get service these days! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post #148652812th Jun 2015 11:34 am
Farmer Chalk

I know this is now turning into a rant but I'm hoping the discoforum will bear with me and offer necessary support to a man in need....
Took a day off work for all of this .....and only get 24 days off a year so they mean a lot to me!

It's now just before 6pm....still no windscreen despite endless promises and yes sir we'll ring you straight back..... Three very polite chase up phone calls asking where my screen is....

If they've Censored up then at least admit it and tell me it's not happening today..at least I could get on with other things...car is still in pieces on my drive....
Had 3 different people from customer services say they'll ring me back! But surprise surprise they haven't! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

They've promised me today but can't tell me whether the screen is actually in stock or not!

I'm ranting so I'll go now!

Thanks chaps! I feel a bit better! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #148668912th Jun 2015 6:07 pm
Farmer Chalk

Still waiting... Now five calls made to Autoglass trying to find out when they'll turn up....they keep promising me someone will ring me back from Customer Service..... Spookily not happened...car still in pieces on the drive....

The original order was placed on the 15th May 2015 almost a month ago....!! Just want someone to speak with me and tell me the truth....
Complaint now made to AXA....... Big Cry

Does anyone on here know what the availability is of a genuine screen from the dealer network?

Post #148704713th Jun 2015 2:39 pm
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Having been let down continually over a month with loss of earnings and holidays, personally I would go to the insurers and insist on being able to use another supplier Evil or Very Mad

I've got a shatterpruffe one fitted just now, obviously a replacement and a number of heating elements in the screen on the drivers side do not work! I will be going for Pilkington at the earliest opportunity!
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #148707213th Jun 2015 3:19 pm
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

When I was last in my dealers I overheard part of a conversation about a windscreen, I think for a Range Rover, and it was next day delivery.

They also contract out the fitting to a local windscreen firm.
 Andy

Post #148709713th Jun 2015 3:58 pm
Farmer Chalk

That's what I thought and I'm thinking of going down this avenue.....
Still not had a call back!
Thanks! Very Happy

Post #148725913th Jun 2015 9:57 pm
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I hope you sort something out, as this is taking a ridiculously long time.

As for AXA, could luck complaining to them, we had trouble with a buildings policy claim and unusually for me I gave up in the end and switched both buildings policies to Zurich.
 Andy

Post #148726113th Jun 2015 10:03 pm
Farmer Chalk

Latest......

Complaint landed with AXA ..... I've got four cars insured with them thus highlighted the great risk with me cancelling my policies with them due to the constant issues with Autoglass....had exactly the same issue with our Cooper Works earlier in the year with Autoglass so hence my experience with them has not been great!
First thing yesterday had both insurer and Autoglass on the phone....now upgraded and an order for a genuine Land Rover screen has been placed with the dealer network....

So hopefully now getting OEM screen.... Still sitting on the drive in pieces though! Neutral

Post #148835916th Jun 2015 2:13 pm
paulmeryan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I took 2 days off work. Despite confirming on the phone I'd get Pilkington both times they showed up with Shatterprufe. I insisted the third attempt was on a Saturday as I wasn't wasting more holiday on them. They didn't give me a time and came at 6pm in the end with the wrong screen so again I waited all day for no reason and didn't get to visit my friends till much later than hoped.

I have just renewed with Privelege because we are still resolving a later accident claim, but once it's closed I'm cancelling my policy immediately because of the c@%75 at Autoglass. Sorry, but my blood just boils at the memory of it all and I sympathise with you greatly.
 VR6 > 330D Touring > D3 HSE > !?XC90?!  
Post #148840416th Jun 2015 5:12 pm
Farmer Chalk

Well well......after the promises of getting this sorted ASAP and a new JLR windscreen being ordered Autoglass stated they had ordered me a new screen and would inform me as soon as they got it that they would ring me...
Four days later and still waiting despite the fact that they said it was ordered....

Checked the availability myself through the dealer network this morning to see if they were on back order...the dealer said there were loads in stock and I could have one delivered the following morning if required?....

This is now five weeks since the original order placed with them! What does one have to do?
Second complaint now lodged with insurer.....

Post #148961618th Jun 2015 10:19 pm
Farmer Chalk

Well....finally had a genuine Land Rover screen fitted at my local dealer today..... Paid for by Autoglass!
Hats off to them.... But I feel my letter to my insurers played a large part in the issue!
Thank you Axa!

Post #149246924th Jun 2015 10:18 pm
Voyager

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

A quick comment about National windscreens if I may. I collected a large chip and crack last week, called Aviva insurance, put through to National Windscreens at Kings Lynn. I explained that if replacement was needed (it was), I would prefer not to have a fake replacement but that Pilks Opticool would be Ideal. Advised that they had other makes in stock but would have to order a Pilkingtons one for me & it would be 24 hours delivery. This was Thusday afternoon. I said no problem any day next week, mornings if poss. Monday morning was agreed. Sure enought the operators turned up with the correct screen, fitted, tested and all left very tidy. Telephonist at KL, and all concerned were very helpful. Highly recommended.

Post #155123726th Oct 2015 2:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 11 <123 ... 91011>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >