DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Any good leasing deals?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
Any good leasing deals?

Gents,
I purchased my 13 MY HSE Luxury outright as a cash sale... It has been brilliant but the mileage is flying up now reaching 47,000 miles in 20 months.. As such I have been looking at the best possible and cost effective time to dispose of her and replace with a like for like....
The car has been stunningly perfect and I'm more than happy to keep her...my company runs a 5 year /160,000 mile duration period.
Thus I could keep her for another couple of years but with that mileage she will be worth next to nothing...
I looked at part xing recently but the change over cost was excessive with a poor price offered for part exchange..

Hence I'm now looking at leasing plans which although more expensive my car allowance should cover... I could then sell mine privately and bank the remains...

Has anyone had any blinding deals or know of any good companies that could assist with my plans?

All thoughts gratefully received..... Very Happy

Post #139210218th Dec 2014 10:59 pm
Scarab

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I know a couple of people who lease Disco's.

The only feedback that both of them have given is there are some fantastic deals about, however they really sting you for any sort of spec.
Both ended up with SE's as they worked out nearly £300 a month cheaper than a HSE/Lux, For one guy that was almost double the cost.

Doesn't quite make sense really. But I reckon you could go to most leasing companies and get a SE for about £500 a month on a 48 month lease.

Post #139211218th Dec 2014 11:10 pm
Farmer Chalk

Yes it's a difficult one to work out the maths on...alternatively do I just keep what I've got and try and bank the money the business gives me?
One of my concerns would be to sign up for a 3 year deal on a 15MY only to find JLR release the new Disco 5! That would hurt!

Post #139212718th Dec 2014 11:23 pm
GLYNNE

England 

My guess would be that with the high mileage you would be absolutely stung with leasing Shocked

The best option you have would be taking Steveraspberry's out every other week to give yours a rest Whistle

Post #139213318th Dec 2014 11:28 pm
Farmer Chalk

A brilliant idea....I'll leave you to float the idea with Steve.... You're right it does them no good just sitting on his drive doing nothing.... Very Happy

Post #139213918th Dec 2014 11:33 pm
steveraspberry

United Kingdom 

Thanks Glynne and Iain, I knew I could rely on my mates to help me out Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 My17 Volvo XC90 Inscription
MY15 Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian
RGK Tiga Fx Wheelchair,
Large Alsation called Abbs Smile
Medium blue Staffie called Piglet
Medium Alsation called Bailey Smile 

Post #139216419th Dec 2014 12:10 am
GLYNNE

England 

No problem Wink

Any joy with the estate car Question

Post #139216519th Dec 2014 12:11 am
steveraspberry

United Kingdom 

Wink Not yet mate. Need to get over to do the test drives yet. The Jag looks great but Mercedes still haven't returned my calls yet Rolling Eyes
 My17 Volvo XC90 Inscription
MY15 Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian
RGK Tiga Fx Wheelchair,
Large Alsation called Abbs Smile
Medium blue Staffie called Piglet
Medium Alsation called Bailey Smile 

Post #139216819th Dec 2014 12:15 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I think you are in the same boat as me FC, I have a 13my HSe Lux, paid for. I bought it with the plan to drastically cut back my business miles, by bringing up staff to take over my on-the-road duties. However, it has not gone to plan because we now have more work, and I'm having to fill in the gaps again. Mine is now coming up to 40k.

I was thinking about getting out of it before the miles go sky high, and leasing a new one. I've not explored any deals yet, but will watch this with interest.

Post #139218719th Dec 2014 1:13 am
Farmer Chalk

Gareth,
Sounds like we need a forum group lease.... Rolling with laughter
I can't fault the car at all and is absolutely perfect for what I need a car for....unfortunately the stealers tried to give me a £22 k kicking after year one which was rather rude... There was no way I could take that kind of knock as it was a self financed purchase.. What I'm hoping is that I can get a straight lease deal for a similar amount that the company pays me for my car allowance...so rather than going down the HP route look at some kind of lease or PCP deal.... Just want a straight rental really with no final balloon payments..quite happy to hand the car back and start a new plan and continue on a rolling deal...

I've had a couple of figures thrown at me on 3 and 5 year plans with a 25k per annum mileage which on an HSE Luxury spec were coming out at £1100 and £840 respectively on a fully serviced tyres, service regime etc etc which seems expensive at face value so thus am looking around...
At this money it's worth weighing up another outright purchase or finance where at least you've got the remains of the car as some sort of equity.....don't know what a 150.000 mile HSE Luxury is worth at 4/5 years old?? Shocked

Quite happy to PM you any deal I've got and see if we can sort out a deal......

JLR if you're listening Gareth and I are quite happy doing some real life mileage and development testing on the new Discovery 5 if you want? Whistle Whistle

Post #139223219th Dec 2014 8:05 am
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

This is worth playing with and remember £22000 loss over a year quoted by your dealer has to be accounted for whoever owns it....

http://www.ukcarline.co.uk/car-leasing/lan...-5dr-auto/

If its a HSE Lux then I think something close to £1000 a month fully serviced and handed back after 50000 and 24 months for another brand new beauty is reasonably cost effective compared to buying....

Good luck Thumbs Up

Post #139223919th Dec 2014 8:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Farmer Chalk

Thanks Gary....got excited for a minute on that link you posted and then I saw the bit 'excluding VAT' drat....

That's the issue ....do you commit £1000 per month to lease or £1000 per month to buy and will the finance equal the residuals in the long term trying to deal with balloon payment at the end?

Many thanks and more food for thought....

Post #139224619th Dec 2014 8:57 am
Gazellio

Will your company not get the VAT back?

Post #139225019th Dec 2014 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Farmer Chalk

Depends whether I put it through the company... I've effectively opted out of the company car scheme but am trying to see if they will deal with the leasing ? Few tough questions and got to butter up the boss.....
Unfortunately it's not my books that I have to balance.....

Post #139226119th Dec 2014 9:28 am
Gazellio

If they give you £1000 (not VAT registered) or a VAT registered leasing firm £1000 + VAT should make no difference to them as they reclaim it. Thumbs Up

Post #139226619th Dec 2014 9:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >