Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

ARRGGG - main dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
ARRGGG - main dealers

I'm not naming names, other to say this isnt S*******s this time.

My car has a brake vibrabtion and weird stop/not-stopping problem, so booked into dealers for 3 days - first day they replace rear discs and pads, recon this has fixed the vibration - that'll be 400 quid please and you can pick it back up. Take it for a test drive, and warning lights come up on dash, so drive straight back, and its hasnt fixed the stop/not-stop issue. Leave the car for second day, at which get a call to take it out with a techies (4:40 by now, and all he's done during day 2 is clear the fault codes from the night before). On the test drive with techie, he says yes, he'd noticed the weird stop/not stop issue as well - Whoopy, thats part of what is was booked in for, so they keep it for day 3.

Today call is sorry sir, we havnt looked at it at all today, as we've other work booked in, and the next time we can book it in is four weeks away, so can you have it back and rebook it - well mine was booked in for 3 days!!, and we need our courtesy car back!

what is it with main dealers?? does customer satisfaction not play any part any more?

One Censored off D4 owner right now.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #129675411th Jun 2014 4:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Let Pete know. I'm sure he can help refocus the dealer towards the concept of good customer service.

Post #129676211th Jun 2014 5:02 pm
2929twin

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Al, doesn`t sound like warrantee work so I put forward a good indy, in Netherton Dudley called
Ultimate landrover 01384 211688.
Sorted probs with my range yesterday and I`m going back next month for brakes on D3

Post #129680011th Jun 2014 6:44 pm
al cope

England 

Hi - mine is still under warrenty - so thats why I went to main dealer.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #129706412th Jun 2014 10:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Al don't know if it helps but there was a TSB for brake judder

Quote:
Reference SSM71867
Models Discovery 4 / L319
Title Vehicle Vibrates / judders whilst braking
Category Chassis
Last modified 04-Jun-2014 00:00:00
Symptom 301000 Service Brake System
Content
Issue:
Vehicle vibrates/judders whilst braking.
Cause:
Disc Thickness Variation (DTV) levels are out of specification causing repeated push backs on the brake pistons/callipers.

Action:
Measure the Brake Disc run out with wheels still installed, as per the process detailed in the workshop manual. If out of specification then please replace the discs following the procedure in the workshop manual (206-00: Brake System - General Information - General Procedures) check the installed run out with the wheel mounted and raise an ePQR detailing the values found.

If run out is within specification and the issue still persists then please conduct further diagnosis into the braking system.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #129706712th Jun 2014 10:48 am
al cope

England 

cheers DG

I think this is what they were going to do (or look at doing) yesterday, but didnt. Its now booked back in for next thursday

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #129710812th Jun 2014 12:07 pm
UNG

United Kingdom 

So the techie admits to noticing the braking problem you booked it in to have looked at / repaired and the dealer has not fixed it and asked you to take the vehicle away with defective brakes and bring it back in a weeks time. I think they need a talking to if you have an accident you could be up the creek without a paddle as the dealer has it on record you have defective brakes
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #129715712th Jun 2014 1:59 pm
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I see that the Land Rover bulletin is mixing up the terms DTV ( Disc Thickness variation) and run out. I am not party to the specific test they refer to but it is possible to have no run out when checking one side only of a disc. No where does it mention checking variations in disc thickness which seems to be the original cause. Problems with DTV often show up on vehicle that are used mainly on motorways with relatively little braking. Cars run stop start on urban/city driving tend to suffer less.

Post #129716812th Jun 2014 2:20 pm
al cope

England 

which mine is - mainly motorway driving

this set of genuine discs is only 2 months old.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #129718912th Jun 2014 3:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >