Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
sailorboi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
[Sold] Toro Wheel Horse DH220 Lawn Tractor

**PRICE REDUCED TO £800**

Hi Everyone,

Ok so bit of back ground:

My late grandfather bought this new about 9 years ago for his small farm to do the orchards and farm house lawn. He sadly passed away a year later. I used it for about 5 years to continue what it was bought for. I then finished Uni and got a job so the family decided to pay someone to do the grass upkeep as I was short on time, and that is what happens today. We kept it incase we needed it. I used it for a further 2 years after on and off just cutting around my workshop and keeping it ticking over. Then for the last year it has just been started and moved periodically to keep it ticking over but not actually used in anger Thumbs Up

So the machine:

It is a Torro DH220 750cc Hydrostatic Drive Automatic 48" Lawn Tractor
It has only got 148hrs on the clock (well had 147.9 when I took the first pic the. I put it back in the shed and it had 148 Rolling with laughter ) So very very little use. She is petrol but very good and the tank holds about 10 litres.

Had been serviced periodically up until 2/3 years ago, did have receipts but I can not seem to find them now Embarassed Typical farmer I guess. I have never had any mechanical problems with her. But of course would recommend a service before hard core use. We did have the original invoice too but I can not find that either as was all moved about when my grandad passed on and then my gran moved from the farm. But I do have the manual and a few bits (prob cos I kept them in the workshop Thumbs Up )

Automatic Gear box fwd and reverse has cruise control for the lazy days (and big straight lawns). I have just today fitted a brand new battery for you and it started on the key first time and sounded beautiful (made me want to keep her but she is too good to sit in the shed for an occasional run around, I have tractors for that!)

The brake has a lock to make it the park brake. All 4 tyres have plenty of life left in them and seem to be holding air still I did just put a bit I today but have not done so for years. The deck is a mulching one too so you just move a lever to divert it from the grass collection box to head straight back on the lawn. The collection box it very easy to remove and I have only used it a few times normally the first cut of the year then I just used to keep it short Thumbs Up

There is only one key and has been for as long as I have known. The deck is mechanically raised and lowered and does so freely.

The not perfect pieces:
1. The deck is starting to show signs on being sat for a while, just some flakey paint and no holes!
2. The left head light lens is cracked, stray branch but the light still works and please see the pic.
3. A couple if years ago a rat decided to live in the seat and ate some of the foam inside to make room but did no other damage. Has never bothered me and just needs some filling shoved in the fill the hole.
4. There are scratches on the body work from running around the orchards all the time.
5. One of the running wheels on the deck as come off its axel thing, this is from having the deck low and cornering around the garden. Happened to the other side but had it replaced just not got around to doing that side.

I am sure there is a lot of really good points that I have missed but as you can see it is a lovely piece of kit and in very good condition for the age. It has got very little running hours and plenty of life left.

Have a look at all the pics and ask any questions you can think of Thumbs Up

It was bought for about £3000 when it was new and apart from some small cosmetic stuff it is still pretty perfect. I am looking for £900 Smile

O and the only thing I have done to it since we have owned it is replaced the drive belt for the blades once and that was super easy as the deck can be taken off with just removing a few clips.

Any questions ask away Thumbs Up hope it is what you are all looking for!

Took ages to upload the pics too as they were all up side down why does it that!
I have already had some interest from other forum Members so will of course go on a first come first serve basis. Please PM me with any questions you may have.
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x
Sankey Narrow Track Camping Trailer (Gone but to a great home) 

Last edited by sailorboi on 31st Aug 2014 8:30 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #12784252nd May 2014 12:37 pm
sailorboi

Bumpty bump Thumbs Up

Few people interested but nothing solid. Ask any questions Thumbs Up
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #128273912th May 2014 9:35 am
sailorboi

Suspended till I return

Note to all interested parties:

Unfortunately I have been called to work earlier than planned so the sale of my lawn tractor will have to be suspended until I return.

I will hopefully be back in the UK by the end of July but I can not give a fixed date. If anyone is still interested/ has questions of course PM me and I will respond Thumbs Up

Mods hope that suspending this is ok??

Thanks for all the interest too and questions Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #128444715th May 2014 10:22 am
sailorboi

I am back and I will be checking the mower tomorrow and it is up for sale again. Let me know if you are still interested. I have PM'd a few of you who showed interest before I went away so please get in contact with any questions and if anyone wants to arrange a viewing.

Let me know Thumbs Up

Cheers
Simon

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131382420th Jul 2014 10:00 pm
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Interested. What is maximum width?
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #131385820th Jul 2014 11:24 pm
therealboss

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I too fancy this but I have to ask SWMBO, please add me to your dibs list.

Thanks
 Dale

Mods to date.
D4 Rear Lights
Xenon Lights fitted & De-Tangoed
RAI, V8 Brake Upgrade, AMK Compressor
Beanie Grill
ProSpeed Roof Rack & Ladder
ProSpeed Tree/Rock Sliders
Disco3.co.uk Orange Sticker
ATR's Fitted
Club Blackvue 

Post #131385920th Jul 2014 11:43 pm
sailorboi

Dale no worries added Thumbs Up

Navigator: give me a few hours to get up to my workshop and I will get the max width for you Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131388321st Jul 2014 8:12 am
sailorboi

It measures 1.10m wide and the cutting deck is about 1.05m and the deck
Is the widest part.

Hope that helps Thumbs Up

Hours as of today: 148.4

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131397021st Jul 2014 11:55 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks. Arghh! While it will fit in the Sankey it is too wide for the door to the store. Off to ponder keeping it in the garage instead.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #131398721st Jul 2014 12:37 pm
sailorboi

Definitely worth keeping it in the garage Thumbs Up

Don't want anything to happen to it. It will tuck nicely against the wall of your garage I can picture it now Thumbs Up Whistle

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131441322nd Jul 2014 9:36 am
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Trying to persuade SWMBO to let me take it to France and swap it for our Mountfield M725 Rolling Eyes
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #131450522nd Jul 2014 1:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sailorboi

It would also look great in France and speaks fluent French Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131473622nd Jul 2014 9:34 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If only it were that easy Rolling Eyes

Still working on her though
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #131476222nd Jul 2014 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sailorboi

Cheeky evening bump!

Had tonnes of interest so thanks but nothing serious at the moment. A lot of people having to check with the big boss Rolling with laughter

Open to sensible offers what's the worst that can happen? I can only say no Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131510523rd Jul 2014 7:33 pm
disco5

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

beanie wrote:
Trying to persuade SWMBO to let me take it to France and swap it for our Mountfield M725 Rolling Eyes

Put a Beanie Grille on it she'll never notice it's not a mountfield Whistle

Post #131511823rd Jul 2014 8:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >