Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

My Narrow Track (potentially up for sale)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 25 of 43 <123 ... 242526 ... 414243>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Iv been trying to find the installation manual for my hob .. It did tell me how far to leave a space

Still looking for it Neutral
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #14037628th Jan 2015 7:37 pm
sailorboi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Haha mine did not come with one Sad

Mine is about 40cm from the bottom of my shelf but the hobs are nearer the front and it is not directly above Smile
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x
Sankey Narrow Track Camping Trailer (Gone but to a great home) 

Last edited by sailorboi on 9th Jan 2015 6:55 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #14037748th Jan 2015 7:53 pm
sailorboi

Well as you all know it arrived yesterday and would it for in the gap:

Just!! Rolling with laughter

I am pleased with how it looks and I think it fits really well. I had to remove the Handel at one end so that the door will shut (when I make the door)! The tight spot is at the very front due to it going into a point but I think it has worked Smile

Not sure on how strong the runners are though at the moment so will have to see once it is loaded up with grub/ beer!

Also put in the Ctek and a plug socket for it which will be wired into the 240v system with a switch in the electrical cupboard. Question though the Ctek has crocodile clip ends with a separate temp sensor is there anything I can change that to so I can have it permenant attached to the battery? I was thinking of using some large ring connectors for that diameter wire then putting it on the battery terminals bolted on with the rest of the stuff but then what do I do with the temp sensor? Is the temp sensor needed/ will the unit run with out it?

I have positioned the Ctek in the battery locker and will possibly move it if I add a second battery but for now that is good enough Thumbs Up

07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #14044209th Jan 2015 3:56 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Looks fantastic Simon, will be too embarrassed to park mine next to yours - you'll have to park over on Wigg's side of the field Rolling with laughter
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #14044629th Jan 2015 5:13 pm
Scarab

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Looks absolutely fantastic. Incredibly jealous.

Post #14044649th Jan 2015 5:15 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Great Progress Simon, Thumbs Up

do you think you need the MXS 25 built I though, would a 10 or 7 not be enough ?
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #14044919th Jan 2015 5:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sailorboi

Probably Greg I know they come with attachments for going straight on to the battery yes? I have a 5 already too. Maybe I need to change it for a 10??? I was eventually planning on having two batteries so that's the reason I went for the bigger one Smile

I made up some small boxes which are fixed in and will be accessible by lifting up the work top which I will need to cut two flaps that will be hinged Thumbs Up

Just need to put a few more partitions in the right hand side one which is for cutlery Smile

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #14045419th Jan 2015 6:51 pm
sailorboi

Iguana wrote:
Looks fantastic Simon, will be too embarrassed to park mine next to yours - you'll have to park over on Wigg's side of the field Rolling with laughter

Haha I don't think so Ieuan maybe the middle of the field! Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #14045459th Jan 2015 6:54 pm
wiggs

Looking good Thumbs Up

Ctek .. I cut the main lead in half .. And connected some Anderson connector to each end ( and a small 2 way plug for the thermometer )

Best of both worlds as I can clip them together and it's back to standard .. Or I have another lead that I can connect to ..and the other end fits the Anderson on the D4

Anyway you get the gist ... And no you don't need the thermometer connected for it to work

Post #14045529th Jan 2015 7:01 pm
sailorboi

Now that is a good idea and a lot cheaper than £100 for a smaller Ctek Smile

Are they small anderson connectors? Not seen small ones before? You don't happen to have a link do you Whistle 50amp?

Do you run yours in the trailer with the thermometer or not?

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #14045759th Jan 2015 7:22 pm
wiggs

Black 50 amp Anderson

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...1005183388

Don't use the ctek in my trailer .. It's in the garage with a lead to an outdoor box I made .. The old d4 needed charging a lot ( since found out it was the wifi on the 2 blackvues that were flattening the battery ) . Just made it easy for me to connect to the car without opening the garage ( didn't use the thermometer )
Post #14045949th Jan 2015 7:30 pm
sailorboi

Ahhh ok awesome thanks Thumbs Up

I will get some ordered and then I can use it in the trailer and for the D3 Smile

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #14046039th Jan 2015 7:36 pm
sailorboi

Sneaked out the house this afternoon up to the workshop and tidied up a few things Thumbs Up

Was made to go to one way city yesterday (Ikea) so decided to pick up some things for the trailer Thumbs Up

Picked up some storage jars for pasta, rice, tea bags etc and made the shelf to accommodate them Smile

Also picked up a plastic cutlery insert and with a small amount of trimming it fitted in nicely in the slot where I wanted it to go Thumbs Up

Finished off putting in some of the other 12v sockets etc and wiring in a few things Smile

Tomorrow I will start on the big door for the kitchen. I have already made the metal frame and will be strengthening that. Also I measured where the hinges are going to go etc... I will be having three hitches along the top which should be enough! I have worked out that in total I need 23 hinges Shocked sounds a lot! I need to order some more as I have 4 Rolling with laughter

So hopefully some more progress will be made tomorrow Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #140583711th Jan 2015 7:27 pm
Arlo

Germany 

Looking very good, Simon! Thumbs Up

Post #140615712th Jan 2015 12:36 am
sailorboi

Got a few things done today.

Fabricated the doors for one side of the trailer Thumbs Up can not wait to get the top coat on and fit them. Will be odd having doors Rolling with laughter

Also tried to finish the major things inside:

The anderson connectors arrived too thanks For the advice Thumbs Up fitted them to the Ctek and all is good Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #140777814th Jan 2015 7:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 25 of 43 <123 ... 242526 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >