Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

My Narrow Track (potentially up for sale)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 43 <123 ... 111213 ... 414243>
sailorboi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Now can I fit a 9"x7" number plate on the rear of the trailer legally?

I want to attach the number plate onto the trailer not the body. I have a normal rear plate for the D3 but it is slightly too big for the the space where I want to put it. So would a smaller Bike plate be legal? I notice some people cut their plates down too or have them printed on shorted plates (thing Wiggs has that on his??)

What are the legal requirements for the plate size on a trailer? Is it just matching the tow car and visible/ illuminated at night?

Cheers Thumbs Up
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x
Sankey Narrow Track Camping Trailer (Gone but to a great home) 

Post #130393628th Jun 2014 12:39 am
John P

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

sailorboi wrote:

Also as I understand it you can do the same with the National Luna as the T-max and the batteries are connected with the push of a button on the monitor display???

Yes, you can link the batteries with a push of a button from the battery monitor. I have the National Luna split charger and battery monitor installed in my D3. Great bit of kit.

Cheers
John

Post #130395828th Jun 2014 7:59 am
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Number plate spacing is all explained here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syst...067666.pdf

There are minimum spacings / margins that apply to short plates, I have one on e front of mine Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #130397128th Jun 2014 8:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Iguana

Ukraine 

Used a motorbike plate for mine Thumbs Up
Click image to enlarge
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #130412828th Jun 2014 3:40 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

are you having the tent that way coming out from the back Question
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #130413128th Jun 2014 3:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sailorboi

Iggy where did you get that one from?

Thumbs Up
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #130413228th Jun 2014 4:03 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Ray......I do fancy the tent coming off the back, was thinking of dropping it down into a fox-wing type awning, but to be honest need frame finished then will have a play Thumbs Up

Simon - Halfords Thumbs Up just went in with V5 and asked for a motorbike one made up Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
&

MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'

Post #130420928th Jun 2014 8:04 pm
sailorboi

Ok kl so that answers that question Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #130431929th Jun 2014 3:41 am
sailorboi

Well waited all day for my steel to arrive and it finally did about 15:30! Typical! Evil or Very Mad

But I have it now so we are ready to make a frame Thumbs Up

While I was waiting I did a few jobs:

Fitted my new fitted tow bar

Then fitted my new lights from Beanie Thumbs Up

Then thought I would get my other beast out and blow the cobwebs off and she started first time on the key Thumbs Up

I then decided to have a look at the trailer from how I left it before I went back to work and she looked exactly the same Rolling with laughter

So I moved her into the work shop and took the nato ring off. Then marked out the front end and got it all centre for fitting the 50mm ball

Then got my fav tool out (9inch grinder) and went for it! After double/ triple checking things.

It fitted beautifully and I think it looks good and am pleased with it!!

Reversed the D3 up to check heights etc and was really happy. Also fabricated a plate to go on the front and I will need to add some extra plates underneath etc to give it some more strength Thumbs Up

Over all I did a lot today after all even though I was planning on get the frame started but O well Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131555724th Jul 2014 6:15 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Welcome back mate and top, top work there Thumbs Up

Really like how it's coming along and what's the plan for the frame, simple box or ???????

I'm away next week on a canal boat, but let me know when you're ready for ordering the cladding Whistle
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
&

MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'

Post #131557324th Jul 2014 6:39 pm
sailorboi

Yes I will do Iggy! I tried to ring them yesterday but the person I needed to speak to was busy so I will try again tomorrow. Shall we say we wait till you get back as I would like to get the box section up and see exactly what I need then Thumbs Up

It is going to be a box shape a bit like Wiggs first one but I am not really sure what to do up front yet on the extension Thumbs Up Still very fluid!

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131557524th Jul 2014 6:43 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Sounds like a plan - hardly any internet on the boat, so will look forward to seeing the finished box on my return Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
&

MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'

Post #131558324th Jul 2014 6:51 pm
sailorboi

Haha Pressure then!!

If anyone can help too I am looking for some M14 High Tensile Bolts that are about 220mm long! I know that is long. There are some online but all the websites I have found will only allow you to purchase them if you own a business and wont sell the the likes of me Sad I have got some M12 x 200mm high tensile hex head that I was going to use but I think they are slightly too short Sad

If these bolts can not be found do people think I could use High Tensile M14 Rod and cut them down and then use Locking nuts and washers on each side??

Thanks in advance, if anyone can source them please let me know Thumbs Up

O and my awning is arriving tomorrow so if anyone has got some spare folding pro speed brackets I would love to purchase them Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131558824th Jul 2014 7:01 pm
sailorboi

Well yesterday was pretty busy! Had to go and do some bay making.. Excuse the pun but you have to make hay while the sun shines Thumbs Up

So only got a little welding done!

The welding for better too as I went along Thumbs Up

Can someone tell me though will it be obviously when the gas is running out? I don't have a gauge to tell me what is in the bottle as I am only using disposable at the moment. I hope it is obvious as I don't want the welds becoming weak!

Away this weekend (sadly not at biling) so won't get any done this weekend but Monday is in the diary for welding Smile

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131614826th Jul 2014 9:01 am
sailorboi

Well some more done today Thumbs Up

Welded up the base frame and the roof! Then cut 4 of the 8 uprights but only had time to weld one on and see the height.

The roof rectangle is also welded up ready to go on to the uprights then just strengthening braces and I will be on to the doors!

Sorry Wiggs I hope you don't mind but so far it has ended up like your MK1 frame wise but my lay out won't be the same promise Thumbs Up just a very Good design Smile

Mostly straight few slight curves in some of te steel I had not noticed but o well once it is all together you won't notice I am sure Thumbs Up

Hopefully get a chance to do some tomorrow and get the shell nearly done Thumbs Up got some rubber arriving too tomorrow to go between the frame and chassis then I need to work out brackets and stuff to hold it on Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #131705028th Jul 2014 4:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 43 <123 ... 111213 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >