Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

HSE Phone Install
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
yellowbelly

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3
HSE Phone Install

My 05 HSE does not have a phone install. I want to utilise the existing sat nav screen as in the future I also want to install a reversing camera. I understand that I need the phone buttons for the steering wheel and also the microphone for the top interior light. Am I better off getting a second hand D3 phone module for in the rear and getting it upgraded for the latest software via one of the forum members or would a D4 module fit. Also where would be the best place to get a module from. I have not seen many on the bay of e recently.
 55 Plate Disco 3 HSE. EGR blanked, Decat exhaust, AMK Compressor, bought 20 Dec 13. Watch this space for future upgrades. - Disco 4 front cup holders, D4 Bluetooth, Brembo 4 pot front V8 rear brakes, front diff breather mod, BAS FBH controller, fixed towbar, D4 heated washer jets
Silicone intercooler hoses, RS 500 Intercooler, decat exhaust, remap
IID tool used to enable 3 flash indicators, clock on dash, reverse follow me home lights, snotm, AMK compressor update and still learning 

Post #125148011th Mar 2014 9:51 pm
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic53302.h...uetooth+d4

was looking into this also as I may be changing to a 2004 ....

Contacted Wiggs he doesnt install ... but advised that the D4 unit fits in the D3 and is less complicated to install.... Very Happy

Search 'bluetooth' for other threads .... Whistle

TLO will also give you a discount on the D4 unit if you want to go ahead Thumbs Up

Post #125148711th Mar 2014 9:59 pm
yellowbelly

Hi Bobs,
Thanks for the link - very informative. I will start pricing up the parts needed.
 55 Plate Disco 3 HSE. EGR blanked, Decat exhaust, AMK Compressor, bought 20 Dec 13. Watch this space for future upgrades. - Disco 4 front cup holders, D4 Bluetooth, Brembo 4 pot front V8 rear brakes, front diff breather mod, BAS FBH controller, fixed towbar, D4 heated washer jets
IID tool used to enable 3 flash indicators, clock on dash, reverse follow me home lights, snotm, AMK compressor update and still learning 

Post #125164412th Mar 2014 9:37 am
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Wiggs was kind enough to reply to my PM's as only checked in with him the other week.... Bow down

Whilst I'm on Laughing ..... don't forget the steering wheel switches.... they are £28 'ish' for the phone symbol type and can be installed if you don't have them.... and they pair with the bluetooth unit.....

Wiggs and Flack confirmed there are no issue's with install... think the D4 unit is less than £250 through TLO..

The search function on here is pretty 8) as it shows quite a few threads on the bluetooth phone options .... Thumbs Up

Think we are on the right end of all the work done over recent years Very Happy

Post #125165212th Mar 2014 9:50 am
brightyuk

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

If your disco has voice control, you will not need a microphone.

Just need the phone switches, a D4 module from TLO, a most cable from Wiggs, takes about 40 mins to fit. Then need it enabling. I have installed mine recently.

Adam

Post #125165312th Mar 2014 9:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
yellowbelly

I don't think i have any voice control. I have spent a lot of time shouting at it for different things and it has never reacted. Laughing Mine does have the note button on the left side of the steering wheel for dictating messages, does this mean that it has the microphone already?

Post #125166312th Mar 2014 10:26 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Yes if you a have a button with the symbol on it on the wheel..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #125168012th Mar 2014 11:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
yellowbelly

Yes i have the button on the left with the talking head symbol and there is what appears to be a small black possibly microphone type thing in front of the courtesy lights on the roof.

Post #125173212th Mar 2014 12:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >