Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Multi Faults!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
K9Harrier

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Multi Faults!

Firstly tried to put this is fault & fix but wouldn't let me!?

I have a 07 basic model D3. No extras! Only got 67K on clock.

A few months ago it threw up 3 faults on dash. Hill descent control, traction control & one other I can't remember.
Took it to garage and they had a poke around at a few things. Luckily they had had a footballers RRSport in a month before with same problem. They changed everything on his to do with faults which changed nothing! Turned out it was fuel filter pump clogged up & this was the only way it could highlight it's problem. So they just changed the fuel filter on mine & hey presto fixed!

Put winter tyres on in November & about a month ago on long journeys after doing 30 miles and just travelling normally around 50mph no gear change on flat road it would through up the same faults? Turn engine off and restart they were gone till I did 30 miles continuous & bing up again?

Last night BIG problem. Travelling home 1 mile from brothers house, started her up & no power what so ever. Could barely crawl. Turned her off, waited 5 min started again all ok. But put up orange engine light. Got home left her over night. This morning go to turn her over same light on & no power. No hand book says this is a petrol engine warning (mines diesel-unless I 've been using wrong fuel for 5 years!!!).
Rang garage towed her in.
She's showing egr faults can't remember if left or right. But they said because it's after 07 it can not be blanked??? Is the correct? I know they wouldn't pull a fast one on me but wondering if they know all the facts. They are not a LR garage anymore but a Ford garage but they do loads of LR work & we get all our bits from them & they allow us on shop floor!

Sorry I have written an essay wanted to not miss anything that might be of importance to you brains that know more!

Any help/info greatly appreciated! Bow down
One very frustrated & about to be broke owner! Big Cry

Post #12307464th Feb 2014 8:22 pm
K9Harrier

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Also is there any engine mapping upgrades out that it may be due? Obviously they don't know as not LR garage.
Also one of the faults when plugged into computer was 2nd interior light? Which is working fine!

I thought I was so lucky when I bought it as we took it in & hooked it up to computer to check for faults. To say it was 3 years old, it didn't put up a single fault. The lads said in shock that they nearly always come out the factory with at least a fault or 2! So it's biting me in the rear now for that & feeling smug!

I know they are behind by about 3 weeks in garage but they will push mine in. So any hints or tips before they do to point them in right direction or stop them doing unnecessary work much appreciated my me!

Post #12307674th Feb 2014 8:36 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Your garage is correct - MY07 (euro4 engines) cannot be blanked currently as it show a MIL on the dash. That said, Pete Bell (BAS) is working on a fix for that.

Post #12308304th Feb 2014 9:30 pm
Rich_Allen

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Is it not possible to have the egr light taken out with a re-map?

I know some newer vans can have this done

Post #12315305th Feb 2014 11:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >