Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

US Manuals (Reaction from LR)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
US Manuals (Reaction from LR)

I faxed Joe Greenwell (LR CEO) a note about how the organisation is letting down the excellent car - examples included the manuals, which leave something to be desired.

Land Rover Canada called (these things get around the world quickly) and are sending me new manauls. The North American manuals that were shipped with the car end in "501"; the current manuals end in "502". (These .502 manuals are the ones you can download from the LR tech web site - but you cannot download all at once, you have to download lots of individual chapters).

So - there are new manuals, they just didn't bother shipping these to customers. They probably figure (not without justification) that no-one reads them anyway. Wink

Mike

Post #5783rd Feb 2005 4:54 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Whilst you're at it you couldn't bend their ears regarding the PTI and pre-heater timer issues also.

Seen as you have their attention these too could do with LR focus and attention to truely impress all usr D3 owners. Smile

Post #5793rd Feb 2005 5:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Well, PTI yes, but the pre-heater issue is something i have no experience with, and these types of contacts are, I think, more powerful if you restrict yourself to personal observation.

Having said that, I know LR read my roadtest (http://www.mvw.net/lr3/roadtest.php) and I do link to these forums... Wink

Post #5803rd Feb 2005 7:19 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Whilst we are the subject of customer service, I to have an ongoing communication in progress about the pre-heater issue.

I wrote to Land Rover in the UK, and got a personal response from them. I have spoken to them, and described the issue. They have been very postive so far.

I am keeping it quiet for now, but I am confident that LR have this in hand.

Post #5824th Feb 2005 12:12 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Still no answer on this. The email traffic was hot until mid last week, then it went decidedly quiet. Sent another email to my "person on the other side" to chase them along a bit, just to keep me informed if nothing else.

Post #6398th Feb 2005 8:14 pm
Ecosse

Gareth - sounds like good tactics PR by LR; just spin things along appearing to be concerned etc, but do nothing!! Having said that, I also had a weeks delay until today in getting a response to my list of issues which LR's technical dept are supposed to be overseeing when the car goes in next week - mind you perhaps its just the distance the e-mail had to come from Wink (again it was x@ford.com)!!

Post #6428th Feb 2005 8:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >