DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Purchase advise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mark-w

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Purchase advise

Hello all.
After some time of looking and uncertainty as to whether to keep my current D2 or not, we have decided its time for a change, I'm looking to try and get a decent D3 preferably bonnatti or Stornoway grey, would prefer a good spec although I'm fairly sure I don't want sunroofs (given the potential shower issues) the colour seems to lessen the choice as a lot seem to be silver, however I have just found this car available and on the pictures it's looking nice, however it's a 4 hour drive away to even view. That presents a bit of an issue and I wondered whether anyone here might know of this car, particularly given the fact it has D4 rear lights I wondered whether a enthusiast forum member may have traded it in as I'm guessing not every d3 owner would be bothered about upgrading lights. The car is at Stratstone Cardiff link here:
http://www.stratstone.com/VehicleSearch/Us...amp;type=1
Buying at such a distance is a little concerning, I am in no rush to buy, so I'm guessing I may be better waiting for a vehicle closer to home, just with wanting that colour I've limited my choice and seems better choices are available currently if I search nationwide.

Post #120818328th Dec 2013 12:42 am
marcros

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I don't know the vehicle. I also fancied a bonatti grey one and had been looking for a few weeks. They don't seem to be that common for what was a common ish colour. I'm not sure when the other greys came in but it wasn't until after my06 at least.

I think that se is overpriced. Admittedly not from a main dealer but I got my my06 55 plate hse with 80k on for 13650 which I think was top money. Single owner car, full LRSH and a folder full of receipts though. I am not going to enter the debate about sunroofs- I wanted them so went for that model.

Bide your time, there are some grey ones about. The best colour in my opinion. The se looks good, spec wise and condition wise but I think I would want to pay a lot less than that for it.

Post #120818928th Dec 2013 1:03 am
Simonstarski

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

It sure looks good but it's quite high in price. I traveled 5 hours for mine, but that's standard given how far south west I am. I Did however get a great SE privately with 72000k for £4500 less than that 2 years ago.

I found the autotrader a better option as some peeps pay crazy prices on those auction sites. For the right car I'd travel to see it without a second thought. Hedge your bets tho, arrange to see a couple on the way.

Good luck with the hunt. Good ones come up on this forum regularly too Thumbs Up
 Narpy Grill, tinted windows, Smooth leather wheel (TLO Group buy), ACM fitted (thanks TLO), Rear door loom and Row 2 & 3 audio switch upgrade, RRS 20" wheel change, 285 Cooper LTZ's Sat Nav Mod (until I get a Faultmate upgrade), Front & Rear lamp guards. 4x4 screen now switched on - Woody32, Follow me home reverse lights - woody32, Auto release EPB - Woody32. Off Road Navigation - Woody32. Remap + EGR's switched off. Full chassis clean and Waxoyl.  
Post #120819128th Dec 2013 1:06 am
marcros

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Mine was via autotrader too. Many were on both autotrader and eBay but eBay always seemed more expensive when they weren't also advertised elsewhere.

There were a couple of cracking ones on the forum, mainly just before I had sold my defender and particularly one that sold just before I could get to see it. They do come up on here, typically well priced, above average spec for the models (upgraded features) and well looked after.

Post #120819328th Dec 2013 1:10 am
Mark-w

Autotrader is being searched on a daily basis and has been for the last couple of months, very few grey ones seem to crop up, I realise that this one does seem a little pricy, but then it would also appear to come with a dealer warranty, they have it listed on there website as manufacturer approved warranty, I am waiting a call from them to check a few things, I am guessing because of that it must have a full LR service history, presumably including all cam belts.
I've looked at a couple privately but not found the right one yet, admittedly there's more choice in silver or black but I really want to wait out for a bonnatti or Stornoway one.
I thought the dealer price (if it includes warranty and belts etc etc.) was a little dear, but a warranty such as warranty direct costing approx £600 and a belt service at approx £700 is something I would need to factor into any private sale, I also keep looking on the forum for sale section.
Main issue with this one is the 4 hour drive to view, then 4 hours back.

Post #120827228th Dec 2013 11:18 am
Dusty

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I got an HSE 05MY 55 plate back in September with 80k on the clock for £11k. That was from a dealer (not Land Rover). So I think that is a bit steep. They should throw in a proper 12 month warranty for extra piece of mind that I never got, so that has to be worth a bit extra. A few hours of your time has to be worth a £15k investment and they will definitely come down from that price.
 Discovery 4 HSE
SDV6

Post #120827328th Dec 2013 11:19 am
Mark-w

Think I've found a good Stornoway grey car, 83,000 miles, full L/R history including cam belts done at 80,000. It's an S spec so no leather or sat nav but that's not the end of the world, never had leather before anyway and as I've read that the last sat nav update is 2011/12 I guess a Tom Tom is better for being future proof. So I don't think I'll miss anything with an S instead of an SE or even a HSE for that matter, infant I guess without sunroofs and seat motors etc. it probably less to go wrong.
I have 1st option on the car and am viewing it Friday so will see if it's as good as it sounds and indeed looks on the photos I've been sent. It would also seem a better price too.

Post #120992231st Dec 2013 10:13 pm
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I got mine for £9.5k in May ....

112 k basic TDV6 but having fun and tears doing her up .... Thumbs Up

May have paid too much but too late ... enjoy every minute though ... wallet permitting Whistle

D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
D4 rear upgrade - Narpys helped with that bit
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.
B.A.S - FBHIC. Uncle Rays spare wheel protector. Beanie Silver Black badges. 

Post #120992731st Dec 2013 10:26 pm
Mark-w

I now have my new D3
Thanks to everyone for advise.
Regards
Mark

Post #12122715th Jan 2014 7:14 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Pics?
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #12122725th Jan 2014 7:17 pm
Mark-w

Just put one in the "my D3" section, as that seemed the best place.

Post #12122765th Jan 2014 7:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >