Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Fair price?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Durham4416

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Fair price?

My d3 has gone into a local independent garage to have the front lower wishbones done and tracking, I bought the parts from advanced factors so it's just labour, just had a phone call to say that the inner track rod ends (drumsticks he called them) are knackered and I think they mentioned something else, possibly outer track rods but can't remember, how much would be fair to add onto the price to replace these, i'v give them the go ahead as it's pointless doing 4 wheel alingnent when these parts will need replacing asap. They have give me a price but just thought I'd see what people think it should be first? Cheers in advance Smile

Post #120388417th Dec 2013 3:55 pm
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

Whistle

I suggested you replace those at the same time for that very reason in this post:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post1194122.html

The repair kit from Advanced Factors is currently £82.80 and then some to ship it (not lightweight these D3 components).

Probably another hour to fit those if it's already up on the ramp. Thumbs Up

Steve
 2021 BMW iX3 Premier Edition in Carbon Black ⚡️🔌
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Post #120388617th Dec 2013 4:05 pm
Durham4416

So you did lol.
Well he has added £160 onto the price so not to bad, I was just concerned that the parts where only £20 or so and that there wasn't any extra labour. He's doing the wishbones and the alingment for £250 so not to bad Smile once i'v picked it up I'll know exactly what was replaced, he also said the lower steering column looks fine so hopefully I'll have a tight driving knock free car when I get it back Smile

Post #120389617th Dec 2013 4:33 pm
Durham4416

Got the d3 back today, it's had front lower wishbones, inner and outer track rod end kit and 4 wheel alignment, what an improvement, I got the arms from advanced factors (excellent serviced) then had the work carried out by someone I know who owns north Eastern 4x4, cost me about £620 all in.
I think there's still a very slight noise hen travelling a bit quicker on uneven roads and it mean very slight. Indy said the steering column looked fine. I'll see how it goes and replace that and the arb bushes possibly Smile what a difference though

Post #120446918th Dec 2013 11:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >