Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

TUV SUD test winter and all season tyres in the summer.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
TUV SUD test winter and all season tyres in the summer.

With the increase in use of winter, or as they're sometimes referred to, cold weather tyres. The industry is waking up to the fact that some users may need guidance. Wouldn't surprise me if insurers have got something to do with it as well.

As mentioned in my thread about Continental's latest advice on the use of winter tyres, here's the links to the articles from the TUV-SUD:

http://www.tuv-sud.com/news-media/news-arc...as-its-day

If like me, you can't read German, Google translate will provide you with an hilarious translation of the Auto-Illustrierte article:

http://www.auto-illustrierte.ch/artikel/re...03712.html

Down here in the South, during the summer it's not uncommon to see air temperatures in the high 20's and even into the 30's. The M4 around Heathrow being one spot that's often really hot. I'd imagine that the tarmac is even hotter than the ambient air temperature.

If anyone is interested, TUV-SUD, provide a lot of good generic information on winter tyres. A simple search of TUV SUD winter tyres brings up the links.

I know that a few here will disagree with this info. and I'm really not interested in sparking up the debate again. Hopefully it will be useful/interesting to some. Thumbs Up

Post #120206813th Dec 2013 7:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >