105K service in Warrington area?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Independant

Before I knew of Flack ..... Big Cry

looked around and A1 Land Rover in Bury have excellent feedback Very Happy

I found them excellent as well ..... they did my belts and big service 107k .... as it was overdue when I bought the D3.... Banging Head

Andy the owner is so helpful and fair on his pricing .....

Just another option..... but I will try the site members as well next time.
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
D4 rear upgrade - Narpys helped with that bit
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.
B.A.S - FBHIC. Uncle Rays spare wheel protector. Beanie Silver Black badges. 

Post #120065511th Dec 2013 12:21 am
Bobs

yep plug and play

yep just search TLO ... short for The Large One ...

The site has all you need from parts to issue solving ....

Search A pillar upgrade on here for example .... as its a £9 kit from LR.....but helps to stop water from coming into the cabin ..... design fault .....believe it or not !!!

I have a base TDV6 2006...... 120k mileage ...

Wiring/upgrade etc - Yep apparantly the D3 was built with the same wiring wether HSE or base model.... then all the bits are added on in final stage Shocked

LR hate people upgrading or knowing this .... as people like us with the base model can upgrade to a really expensive spec for not too much money !!

The stereo control unit is whats known as 'plug and play' in other words you plug them into the wiring and they work straight away ....

The cruise control is slightly different as you need someone to let the D3 know its in the car .... some guys on here have the kit for that as its a small computer that read faults and also enables options ..... Thumbs Up

Just search on anything you want to know .... but always check LR parts ......as a quick exaple I wanted a handbrake switch and LR was cheaper than here and EBay and breakers !! TLO i think gets us a 20% discount as well ..... (not always the case though)

Rolling with laughter by the way we are after the same switches Laughing
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.

Post #120066911th Dec 2013 12:36 am
farmerboy

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks for all that really useful info....
I live on a farm and need a 4wd... my old D2 has been a workhorse for years and given me sterling service but it has done 150K so I bought the D3 yesterday.
I have to say it is a bit of a culture shock! So quiet and so smooth and far too clean and shiny....I am afraid to get it dirty or throw bags of feed in the back!
I am beginning to get a bit worried about the huge number of issues the D3 seems to have (the more I read the more worrying it is!) - lets hope mine is ok - it has only done 34K so it "should" be ok for a while...
ref the switches - I am not sure if I have "bought" them as yet - sorry to have gazumpt you? Rolling Eyes
I shall look into the pillar upgrade thing. Are there any other "must do" things you would suggest?

Again - many thanks.

Post #120068011th Dec 2013 12:57 am
Bobs

a few common ones ....

We all seem to love the Discovery .... it does bring a smile to the face .... thinks its called the D3 bug Rolling with laughter

Its costly but we all appear happy with all the spending .... Rolling Eyes and you save a fortune by search and looking for parts with TLO/ breakers and on here Very Happy

Some on here have posted no issues at all with their D3 experience , some issues are common faults ...... all issues seem to have previously been posted/sorted and commented on here Rolling with laughter

So I wouldnt worry too much ....

If yours is low mileage some faults may not have appeared yet ... so you may be able to prevent them or have them checked out when servicing .... Thumbs Up

There are threads and sticky threads on the site linked to members experiences ..... it appears the sticky ones are common and stay at the top of each topic/chapter/section ..... as old posts gets pushed to the back.....

I would just look at each chapter and read through them .... if you have an issue just type in a few key words and all the historic threads will appear .... Very Happy

I am no expert ..... just read up alot .... Shocked

Search ..... Inter-cooler hoses, A pillar trim and EGR blocking (helps the engine and MPG) those are just some to be getting on with...

Modification .... Mapping .....

Those are the most common ..... apologies if there are others as fairly new myself Embarassed

Post #120125611th Dec 2013 11:12 pm
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

farmerboy wrote:
ps - just had a look at your lake district trip gallery photo! Did you make it over those rocks? Looks like an exhaust bashing route... where was it - would love to give it a try!

Search my posts for "Kankku".

Had a day out with them a few years back. Great day and made a note of the lanes we drove. You'll find grid references for the start and finish for each one Thumbs Up

Don't know what they are like now though. At the time my D3 had no problems Thumbs Up

Andy
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #120296015th Dec 2013 7:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >