DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

BAS remap interface capability
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Kummu24

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
BAS remap interface capability

Hi

Was having a few starting problems with another non-RR, non-Disco, Non-Defender Land Rover that I own ( ... ahem....Embarassed) and cursing that I didn't have a fault code reader. I do actually have an FCR but obviously it is VIN locked to my D3. Then I remembered that the BAS interface was a fault code reader. So I had been messing around for 2 days on and off, trying this and that, not realising I had a fault code reader all the while. Hooked it up, 4 codes, cleared them, down to 3, tinkered a bit more, cleared the last one. Fair made my day!!

So I am posting this only as a reminder that

a) those of us that have a BAS remap interface also have a fault code reader (which is well enough publicised but how many of us actually remember that and use it before engaging a dealer /indy - some will but I bet loads of us don't)
and
b) to confirm that will work on any car (had looked on here but couldn't get any specific confirmation)

Obviously this is a limited fault code reader and is no substitute for the multi system nature of the IID, FCR or Hawkeye but its definitely an added value on choosing the Bell re-map and a capability that had went off my radar. Hope this will help remind someone that the box in the cupboard can do more than just load remaps, and critically, on more than just a Discovery.

Post #119073420th Nov 2013 11:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >