keep these fools away from my D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Whistle

Click image to enlarge
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #13909515th Mar 2007 1:12 am
White Disco

Australia 

Cyanide Berry Exclamation Good name for a poisonous group's leader. 8)
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #13909615th Mar 2007 1:17 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Little Miss ND can get all the cultural exposure she needs when the local hunt is allowed to ride legally again. Then she can watch her dad as he gives any sabs that try and dismount her a right royal tw@tting with the blunt end of a D3. Which is both ends, in case you were wondering.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #13909715th Mar 2007 1:21 am
buzz

England 

i am open to correction on this one as it is not an area in which i claim to be knowlegible, but.....

Definitions

flyposting
noun

1. The putting up of advertising or political posters, etc illegally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content Under License from Crystal Reference, copyright 2003.

There is no formal definition of 'flyposting' so as such it is not exclusive to the deffamation of buildings and street furniture and could be interperated to include vehicles.

Therefore, anyone sticking one of these stickers (obviously politically motivated) on your/my vehicle would eligible to feel the full imact of British justice Rolling Eyes

alternetivly we could follow camden councils example and pressure them to get an ASBO against the owner of the website...

http://www.together.gov.uk/article.asp?c=133&aid=3384
 Gone.......but not forgotten

06 Zermatt 7 seat auto with PDC and privacy

Club £400 V.E.D. 

Post #13911215th Mar 2007 7:38 am
noizeman

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Sorry to go against the grain here but I think this is a harmless activity and another example of the exercise of free speech of we should be very proud in this country. Imagine doing that in Zimbabwe - or Iran, for example! I don't agree with the expressed sentiments any more than you lot do and they may be completely misguided in picking on 4 x4 owners as the object of their wrath. But one day they might find a truly worthy cause and we will all thank the protesters for their courage.

If they did real damage by placing their little posters, e.g. by using glue or nails, then that would be a different matter and would be criminal damage.

I say leave them alone - they are only expressing an opinion and it's only a piece of paper after all!

noiseman

Post #13932215th Mar 2007 8:14 pm
ronp

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Noizeman - I DO NOT agree with you whatsoever - BUT you are entitled to your own opinion!!
The point is, I do not go ramming my opinions down someone elses throat [or up their windscreens.]
Anyone can [and I respect] have an opinion; but the key is - DO NOT TRY AND ENFORCE IT ON ANYBODY ELSE!!!
We are all free to make our own choices and form our own opinions!!!!
Live on!!!
 ...... always on the road less travelled 🚧  
Post #13934315th Mar 2007 8:44 pm
craig

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Expressing an opinion verbally is good and great and one thing this country can be justly proud of.
Sticking paper (environmentally friendly, non-chlorine bleached stuff Rolling Eyes ) on my motor would bring out something quite primevil in me.

I would have no problem if they want to come and present an argument to me, i would then have the opportunity to present my point of view - but to cowardly stick some crap on my windscreen and run off with there collective egos enlarged that "they had brought some kind of order to the world" - well gets my goat. Pointless or what Rolling Eyes

If i want my motor scratched i'll go to Boughrood and f**k around or i'll take it into Strat****es for warranty work. Wink

Just an opinion. Very Happy

Post #13934515th Mar 2007 8:46 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I think the point is that these air-headed fuc kwits don't have an opinion of their own and quite happily jump on any media-hyped bandwagon like rancid Sheep (sorry Simon & DG) until the next one comes along
If there was a REAL issue like the repossession of land in Zim or the nuclear proliferation in Iran - then I'd support them as heroes for standing up to it - but the don't, they go for soft targets which they know will generally not fight back - with the sole aim of massaging their own ego's. Whether they actually achieve anything doesn't really matter and is almost a sub-issue BUT it does make them feel better knowing they've pis sed someone else off

Post #13935215th Mar 2007 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mick

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

rogue wrote:
Expressing an opinion verbally is good and great and one thing this country can be justly proud of.
Sticking paper (environmentally friendly, non-chlorine bleached stuff Rolling Eyes ) on my motor would bring out something quite primevil in me.

I would have no problem if they want to come and present an argument to me, i would then have the opportunity to present my point of view - but to cowardly stick some crap on my windscreen and run off with there collective egos enlarged that "they had brought some kind of order to the world" - well gets my goat. Pointless or what Rolling Eyes

If i want my motor scratched i'll go to Boughrood and f**k around or i'll take it into Strat****es for warranty work. Wink

Just an opinion. Very Happy

i also think they are jelous of people that work hard and have nice things like D3s etc.
mick

Post #13937215th Mar 2007 9:27 pm
White Disco

Australia 

Mick. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #13938515th Mar 2007 9:52 pm
mick

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

RD do you have these sort of people in Australia.Or is it just the uk that breeds such Censored .
Mick

Post #13939115th Mar 2007 10:02 pm
White Disco

Australia 

World wide proliferation. Anywhere that has a margin of affluence, you will find the jealous. Wink
Sour grapes it's called.

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #13939415th Mar 2007 10:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >