Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

Tom Tom no GPS signal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

My MY2011 had a DAB radio and it didn't cause any problems, I thought the windscreen in mine was the same as my last D4 but looking at Microcat, Land Rover fitted a different screen from chassis number CA629159 and mine is CA630*** so it may well be something in the newer screens Confused
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #11143948th Jun 2013 12:10 pm
Mrs Trackman

Scotland 

We have had the same problem with a Garmin in a 2012 D4. we haven't tried moving the location particularly since hubby got round the problem by "cheating" Very Happy . This particular garmin is too old to have bluetooth but it will take an external gps aerial feed so he stuck a magnetic one on the roof and ran a cable.

Not sure whether he is going to look at a permanent option or simply keep the garmin in the car for emergencies..... don't expect the built in satnav to come up with a logical route from the Glasgow area to Lochaline Big Cry It didn't recognise the postcode never mind the place name and going home wasn't much better! Just as well we knew where we were going and were only testing what route the car would suggest Laughing

Post #111833416th Jun 2013 9:39 pm
atocch

Italy 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I have a D4 but never had any problem with the TomTom reception. Very odd

Post #11257652nd Jul 2013 6:44 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

atocch according to your profile your D4 is MY2010, if you read the thread it is only MY2012 and later that seem to have the problem Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #11259232nd Jul 2013 9:53 pm
eelpout

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR4

My 2013 LR4 has similar issues so glad to hear I'm not alone. I run into this with both of my smartphones when mounted on the window, a Nexus 5 (Android) and Nokia 810 (Windows Phone). Proximity to the window seems to make a difference in reception. The Nexus seems more susceptible to whatever it is that disrupts the signals.

... and yes, the phones hate each other Wink.

Post #13080587th Jul 2014 6:10 pm
Rich_S

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yep, I can confirm that I also have an issue with my disco 4 2013. I cannot use my iPhone Tom Tom without it losing gps lock anywhere on from the centre of the dash to driver's side (RHS). The only way that I can get the system back is to hold the phone by the side window....which is a complete pain when trying to navigate around a roundabout and find the right exit.

I have the LR satellite navigation, but it is truly awful in comparison. Originally I used to place my iphone over the LR screen, but GPS reception would fail so it was un-usable.

Any ideas how I could get my iphone Tom Tom to show on the LR screen would be much appreciated!!

Post #130992311th Jul 2014 5:06 pm
Hairy Dan

You wont be able to get your Iphone or Tomtom to appear on the centre screen, the new MY2015 D4 has 'Incontrol' which means you can connect your phone to the car and use certain app's on the screen but I would be surprised if it is able to be retro-fitted. Can you not use your screen mount in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, a few people seem to have gps access there Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #130993611th Jul 2014 5:34 pm
Rich_S

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Will definitely give it a go, just needs me to go out and get an iphone holder. as the current power lead is not long enough to go from cig lighter to there. Confused

Post #130994611th Jul 2014 5:41 pm
Hairy Dan

I use one of these

Click image to enlarge

In the bottom corner of the screen when I need to use my OS Maps on my tablet, it connects via Bluetooth. For Sat Nav I just use the factory fitted one as I find it perfectly OK Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #130994911th Jul 2014 5:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >