Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Survival courses
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Bet you've stuck that up on your bedroom wall already haven't you... Whistle
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #124290025th Feb 2014 8:03 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Though SWMBO doesn't understand!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #124290325th Feb 2014 8:05 pm
dubbs

Just keep checking for flooding... Rolling with laughter
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #124290825th Feb 2014 8:07 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Flooding, what flooding. Whistle

Post #124291125th Feb 2014 8:12 pm
ZacSmith

United Kingdom 

If you are looking for some interesting combat survival stories you could do a lot worse than having a chat to Ken! The same course Ray Mears was on he was instructing on, so presumably he doesn't think Ray is a total muppet.
 VIN: A175A328***  
Post #124297825th Feb 2014 9:40 pm
dubbs

Sounds like you've been on one of his courses or know him Zac?

The other chaps have gone quiet now - not sure if that's a good sign or not Laughing

Got some great recommendations here plus I'll probably have a chat next time I see him, he's not round that often...

D.
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #124320426th Feb 2014 10:08 am
therso

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Quiet? Yes, quiet, and grumpy, as I'm looking through your back window at the moment Mr Dubbs. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #124348726th Feb 2014 7:41 pm
dubbs

Big Cry !£@@&!!!!!

Rolling with laughter Bow down
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #124349226th Feb 2014 7:43 pm
therso

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Forgive me. When you mentioned the bloke called Ken who said he was ex-Regiment, I immediately went to 'WALT' mode. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but these people wind me up and in quite a few cases I become very angry with some who are either ill or downright cruel and criminal. Ken Hames will know full well what I'm going on about but is probably able to remain more relaxed than I. Maybe.

I detest every single one of them. As an example Google Captain Lee Edisson SAS to see what sick b Censored ds they can be (to do with the late Lee Rigby RIP). Some raise money for service charities then pocket the money, some are just Censored idiots living in their imaginary worlds. Another example is a piece of useless Censored from my own Corps. Graham Denny, a former Army Air Corps soldier is or was a well-known Drum Major in Alloa, Scotland. He featured in the media because of his background, his well-publicised 'battle' with a rare and terminal form of cancer and being honoured as a Citizen of the Year. He was invited to lay a wreath on Remembrance Sunday 2011 and naturally led the pipe band. Denny, or 'Snowy' as he was known wore full-dress uniform for the parade. No one questioned his right to wear and display his chest full of decorations including ones for gallantry. Nor did they raise eyebrows at his RM Commando dagger badge, his SAS Para Wings or the fact that he was wearing an SAS beret complete with SAS capbadge! Denny served for a while as a helicopter groundcrewman with 8 Flight AAC, a special forces support flight based in Hereford with 22 SAS. He was also attached to 4 Regiment Army Air Corps (from I Regt AAC) for Op Granby in 1990/91 (1st Gulf War). I regret that I didn't know of this little Censored as I was the RSM at the time! By the way, the cancer was a lie as well. His wife was finally able to divorce him.

That lowlife, and the thousands like him, demonstrate an unbelievable lack of respect and, what must be, contempt for the many who have given, and continue to give, their young, and not so young, lives and limbs in serving their country and it's people. Not to mention those who are left behind to deal with the loss and pick up the pieces while filth like him continue their sick activities. I, probably have too much time to dwell on these things but then I am an all-singing, dancing 100% disabled War Veteran (ignore the bit about dancing) with a full-time Carer. Why mention that I hear you ask. Not for sympathy I can assure you but it's closely linked to the subject of this thread. One of the injuries, and a rather nasty little disease, I sustained during survival activities came back to bite me big time when I retired.

I've said enough, it was the possible Walt thing, the stuff about 'survival' and some of the remarks re Grylls from those I consider not to be in a position to question ex-Forces personnel's opinions about him and his like. Another factor that lights my touch paper is the recent flooding business. Not unexpectedly, after all this is Britain, their are many members of the public who couldn't give a Censored about the Armed Forces but are the first in line to scream 'where is the Army?' when their homes are threatened. Well the truth is, there isn't an Army, nor a Navy or Air Force anymore and those that are still serving get a big Censored -off when they return to civvy street and a 'grateful' British public.

There you go. Not much to do with motorcars I know. If it upsets members or the moderators well....I won't lose any sleep. Bye now, I'm off to write a book about my illustrious military career, after all every Censored else seems to have done so! Thumbs Up

Enjoy your course Dubbs Smile

Post #124371526th Feb 2014 11:04 pm
dubbs

Cheers Therso Thumbs Up

Just to lighten your mood, whilst in South Africa last week I was watching Sky to catch up with flooding news at home and I watched a press conference... First the meteo office and a rather sheepish guy talked us through all the predictions and models that told him nothing certain. Then the network rail guy who talked his way through if and but and how his men were so good at not really doing anything much outside what you'd expect. Then the EA guy who couldn't answer questions very well, was unclear and generally mediocre. Then the army came on, punchy, clear, direct about what they were doing and how they could further help with clear plans and logistics... A consummate professional and someone I have to say I was proud of. He then talked about their recon and recovery on the ground.... Being the Heineken service "reaching parts the others can't reach" and how they sent up a tornado g4 and a dozen helicopters for survey and recon.

Quite frankly you wanted this guy to run the whole show by the end of his presentation, nice one Bow down
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #124375326th Feb 2014 11:53 pm
Mark Y

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Having met and driven them around, I thought they were thoroughly nice people and not a fire stick in sight during coffee and biscuits Rolling with laughter
I have to say having sat down to sarnies with Mr Fiennes , what an absolute gent Thumbs Up , not only did he take time to introduce himself ( just in case I didn't know ) , he had a chat and said just call me
" Ran " , oh during the conversation with Bear Grylls he pointed out he started Bear off and was his inspiration .

Click image to enlarge

Post #125414516th Mar 2014 11:50 pm
dubbs

Just revisiting this page to pick up on the courses and saw that pic, what a great one to have!

Must say Ray looks much better for losing a bit of weight and not wearing a rather unfortunate choice of shorts!!
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #141374524th Jan 2015 9:03 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

M3DPO wrote:
Join the T.A. And get paid for it Thumbs Up

Thus giving up your annual holiday entitlement Shocked

Have to say Edward Michael what a cock, Ray Mears now theres your man.

Post #141375124th Jan 2015 9:08 pm
dubbs

Just to update after speaking with Ken he does some courses and has offered to set something up.

I'll have the opportunity to invite others so will put something in the events area or at least under a separate post.

If you'd be interest in a weekend of wild camping and some bushcraft/survival from someone who really knows his stuff then PM me or watch out for the post...[/i]
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #14181091st Feb 2015 1:47 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #14181191st Feb 2015 7:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >