Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

[Software] Settings Menu not available
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

You can also programme the Land Rover button on the remote to unlock to top tailgate - which means that the tailgate only can be unlocked, leaving the rest of the car locked.

You may have seen other posts about this not working; it works perfectly provided that you also lift the tailgate at the same time - which is exactly what you do when you use the tailgate release button. It can all be accomplished with one hand.

Either programme it by holding the LR button down and activating the emergency tailgate release on the front console, or by using the tailgate release button.

Post #377126th May 2005 7:11 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

John,

Emergency tail gate release ? Seem to remember this in the manual or from another post somewhere...

Is this not just a case of pressing the unlock button on the dash to unlock all the doors ? Or is there another option ?

Cheers,

-s

Post #377226th May 2005 7:55 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

If you press the lock and unlock buttons on the dash at the same time, the top part of the tailgate can be released. You set the LR button doing that too.

One of the benefits of using the LR button is that the doors remain locked, and the tailgate locks again automatically when you close it.

Post #377426th May 2005 8:21 am
Kevin

United Kingdom 
Settings Menu Retrofitted on Base Model (Sorry Simon)

Well my D3 had a long week resting at the dealer. Various "issues"were being looked into. I had complained that the settings menu was not available on the base model and the dealer sugested that they could fit the steering wheel controls and enable it for £54. Very Happy

I asked them to do it for me, It took them a week but I now have the settings menu. Whistle

It looks as if they had to fit the seat memory control module as it is now present under the drivers seat. My VIN number is quite early and from the mess of wires now under the seat, I am sure it was not there before.

When I collected the car they did not ask me for any money, Confused but then I have a few other issues that they still need to be sorted. Crying or Very sad

It realy does look like Simon has the only D3 in the world that cannot have the settings menu enabled. (Sorry Simon).
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Faultmate MSV-2 MULTI VEHICLE 

Post #487220th Jun 2005 11:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

No my D3 'S' look as if it has a few missing bits recently. It had a total wobbly yesterday, with park brake warnings, high revs and other things and that was before I started moving, just because it wanted to. It did not stop the car working, but it was just silly.

Going to the D3 doctors next week for a bit of a check up and insertion of v10 Shocked . Maybe a few things will sort out then. Other issues outstanding are really only niggles now and the SEAT, the awful seat, the stupid uncomfortable seat prehistoric seat.

I have contact with LR and they are looking into the seat problem with priority, before I receive any ankle, knee and spin injuries from it.

Post #487920th Jun 2005 2:18 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I'm with you there Brian

SEAT SEAT SEAT SEAT SEAT Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Shouting at it doesn't help but it masks the pain temporarily
 The End  
Post #488620th Jun 2005 4:47 pm
simon

Kevin,

You cad Wink

I now must try and get the Memory Seat Module fitted - have all the other bits.

Will use your posting as an example that it can be done... which dealer did you use ? Maybe I could talk to them and see what could be done.

Thanks for the tip !!

Cheers,

-s

Post #489020th Jun 2005 5:37 pm
Roddy

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Settings Menu Retrofitted on Base Model (Sorry Simon)

Kevin wrote:
Well my D3 had a long week resting at the dealer. Various "issues"were being looked into. I had complained that the settings menu was not available on the base model and the dealer sugested that they could fit the steering wheel controls and enable it for £54. Very Happy

I asked them to do it for me, It took them a week but I now have the settings menu. Whistle

It looks as if they had to fit the seat memory control module as it is now present under the drivers seat. My VIN number is quite early and from the mess of wires now under the seat, I am sure it was not there before.

When I collected the car they did not ask me for any money, Confused but then I have a few other issues that they still need to be sorted. Crying or Very sad
It realy does look like Simon has the only D3 in the world that cannot have the settings menu enabled. (Sorry Simon).

Did your dealer not elaborate on exactly what they did to activate the Settings Menu? I have the Base with TR and Trip Computer. My dealer (or at least their "sparky") was totally baffled, having fitted the steering wheel radio controls his system did not allow him to activate the Menu. It's a similar situation with the Cruise Control.

Post #489220th Jun 2005 6:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kevin

United Kingdom 

Hi Simon and Roddy

I use Westover Land Rover in Christchurch. Their Customer Serice manager Emma Harrison has been very helpful. I will try to find the service managers name. I was due to go and see them today regarding paint blemishes and the like, but had to put it off due to work load.

It took my dealer a week to get the settings menu to work, I dont think that they will be doing it for £54 in future.

I have found that the settings menu will only work when I have the radio turned on. Maybe this is a base model thing. Confused Anyway at least it works and I am happy. Very Happy

Now if only my seats could be changed. I have been out for a drive in the New Forest this evening and have back pain and leg pain. nearly slid right off the seat under the steering wheel at one point. Crying or Very sad

I asked if I could have the Cruise Control added, but also asked them to check first (I had read Roddy's posts). They came back and said that it was not possible as Land Rover could not advise how to enable it. They also told me that there are some third party versions, but to steer clear because thay can cause havoc witht he computer system.

I also have the access mode clunk when reversing. Land Rover has advised that I should not drive the car in access mode. Confused Why is it there then?

My dealer is also looking into why the AUX socket / wiring is not available on the Base model even though we have the AUX button on the radio. Initialy they told me to contact Customer Services but I have asked them to raise it as an issue.

Regards
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Post #490120th Jun 2005 10:29 pm
Kevin

United Kingdom 

Now that I have my settings menu I need to test it Smile

Anybody got a large fridge that I can fit my Disco 3 into so that I can check out my FBH? Wink
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Post #490420th Jun 2005 10:46 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I also have the access mode clunk when reversing. Land Rover has advised that I should not drive the car in access mode. Why is it there then?

Access mode, dose what it says on the tin!
Access to get in & out of the car, not for driving Rolling Eyes
It makes sense to me Wink
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #491221st Jun 2005 8:26 am
simon

Access mode is also known as Crawl mode and it mentions in the LR tome in the car that you can drive around in this mode... s'why you can lock it down to prevent accidental height change when burrowing underground in an NCP.

-s

Post #491621st Jun 2005 8:54 am
Kevin

United Kingdom 

Nick

I have to disagree.

The manual definitely states that it is possible and aceptable to drive the car in car parks in access mode.

What I object to is the loud clunk when turning in reverse and sometimes forwards, which makes everyone in the vicinity think that you have a major fault with the veichle.
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Post #494321st Jun 2005 6:52 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

OK I stand corrected Embarassed & I will be driving on & off the ferry to get it down to there max height latter in the summer!
Nick
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #502222nd Jun 2005 10:12 am
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Spring gardens underground car park off Trafalgar Square... I guess theres about 2 inches clearence when in access mode ... not going there again !! . Don't know about the reversing clunk, but its good "urban" off roading ! NOT ( grey lane-ing ????? )
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #518522nd Jun 2005 11:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >