Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Hedgehog

Germany 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Retrofit PTI and get BT audio streaming for free

Hi folks,

as stated in my other topic
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic104228.html
I already started to make some modifications to my new Discovery. Since I was planning to use an aftermarket satnav device with build in BT phone, a Becker REVO1 I didn´t choose the factory pti. My plan was to fit it instead or in front of the factory screen and just use the audio system information on the instrument panel screen. After receiving her I had to recognize that there are no audio system information showing on the instrument panel Shocked and also the sound quality of the Becker during phone calls is really poor compared to the systems I had used before. Evil or Very Mad
So I decided to change plans and tried to retrofit the original system. First I organized the wiring diagram of a 2012 D4 to check phone-module connection. Problem was that the wires shown in the diagram are nowhere to find in the D4. The Microphone is installed and wired but neither this nor the aux wiring is somewhere behind the rear quarter panel Question .
Next idea was to completely rewire the system from the head unit and place an new bought Ford phone module with usb in the center console. I was almost cutting the first wires but stopped to give the headunit connectors a second and closer look.
So I removed the whole unit and checked wiring colors to find out that everything is different from the diagram Surprised

Also I stumbled over this sticker on the unit

As I knew already the Parrot CK5050new module is a built-in BT device Very Happy

So it was time for the tea break and some research. I gave TOPIX a go and have to admit that it is quick and easy and if I had done it earlier it would had saved me some trouble, time and money. Embarassed
The 2013 diagram shows that there is no separate BT-module Exclamation
It is integrated in the head unit and the micro is directly connected to it Very Happy
OK! Used the already opened up center console and made the installment of some connectors of my integrated Dayton satnav system and refitted everything together.

So I gave my Faultmate a try and enabled all settings for the pti and guess what...

....it shows the phone symbol and works Very Happy

and after pressing the aux button it plays songs from the phone´s playlist...

It was easier than adding cruise control

8)

So I have the features
and some money spent on parts that I have no use for it anymore. If anybody is interested in this give me a note Wink

- Phone module for D4 High line audio system up to 2012

- Phone module FORD for D4 low and mid line audio system up to 2012 including FORD USB harness

- Complete prewired (fully labeled wires) connector for low/mid line phone module

Pictures are in my gallery.

Cheers

Hedgehog
 Hedgehog

Defender 110 HSE 3.0 i-6 Diesel MHEV - Fuji white / acorn coming soon (hopefully)
Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara Indian Summer gone
Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster gone
Discovery 4 - gone but not forgotten -
Discovery 3 with some add ons - gone 

Post #124189223rd Feb 2014 10:00 pm
evo8

Slovakia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up
 2013 D4 TDV6 S; Baltic Blue; IID Tool BT
2007 D3 TDV6 SE, Auto; club Faultmate MSV2 

Post #143357226th Feb 2015 4:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GMP-D42011

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 4

Hedgehog, I have been searching around posts with regards to aftermarket audio systems, and this post may given me a different solution. I am new to the forum and a lot of the acronyms I don't understand, so I will ask my question of you to see if your solution will work for me.

The long story is that I have just purchased a second hand MY11 D4. I upgraded from a MY04 D2 and am loving it. However, in the D2 I had fitted a Pioneer head unit, and it had a USB socket for audio. I found that I came to rely on my audio on a thumb drive.

The D4 I bought had the lesser spec audio system in it (in Aust it is labelled the "Mid Line Audio"). It has the B&W 4" screen and the button panel below it has the 0-9 digits for phone dialling - no USB connectivity.

My D4 has Bluetooth phone connectivity, but not Bluetooth Aux. I would be happy with a Bluetooth music solution instead of the USB solution (either way, I do not need to carry MP3 or Audio discs).

Does your post suggest that you are able to turn on Bluetooth streaming in the low spec audio system ? Does it need any add ons (you say the you plugged in the Dayton SatNav) ?

Could you please explain "pti".

I am guessing that "Faultmate" is an aftermarket ODB diagnostic tool that allowed you to change the settings for the standard "pti" ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

GMP

Post #14848038th Jun 2015 7:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >