Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

REAR POWER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MARKW

United Kingdom 
REAR POWER

I'm in the process of fitting an aux battery ready for my trip later in the year. I have some ideas of what I want to achieve but unsure how.

My intention is to run a big cable to the rear of the car into a fuse board. The plan is to fit the fusebox into one of the little storage bins in the rear side panels. Are these available as a new item as I'm going to put a few holes in it.

Then run smaller gauge cable out to the different applications. So far they are

A couple of extra power sockets in the boot area.
Hard wire the Waeco in
Hard wire a T-Max compressor in.
Hard wire the in car PC

The fuse board I have has a bus bar arrangement for the pos and neg wires. Do I need to run the neg back to the batt or just find a suitable bolt/earthing point and use that?

Just had a trawl through the Traxide thread to see if there was any snippets of info about routing the cable to the rear but I couldn't see anything or I might of missed the link.Any ideas?
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #41077828th Jan 2009 6:37 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Panels can be purchased no problem ...or you can make up a replacement like i have done

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic28243.html

I have relocated the jack and have put my inverter in its place .

Big cable fits down the cable gully along the car ..i will find a picture for you
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #41078328th Jan 2009 6:49 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Wiggs Bow down

Totally forgot about your post. Would be glad to have some pics of your cable routing. How did you get your PC to stick to the inside of the car? Is it just mega strong velcro or something more permanent?
As for the rear view camera If I purchased a RRS or FFRR camera do I need an interface to plug it into or does it go straight into the back of the nav screen. Or is there a control unit for it. Cameras seem quite cheap the last time I looked.
Sorry for all the questions. So much work to do and so lttle time and knowledge.

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #41078628th Jan 2009 6:57 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Bit of a problem now Crying or Very sad . Just tried my spare battery in the aux batt position. It's an 096 batt in size. But it doesn't fit. There is some ribs/mouldings in the front of the batt tray. Did others remove this ribbing or should the batt just slot into the hole available. I have the bits from Nick to bolt it all in properly. It just don't fit. Don't really want to splash out on a new bat if I can help it.
Any ideas?

Post #41079528th Jan 2009 7:12 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Few pics here http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2578

When you get to the rear ..just pull the door rubber off ..big gap to feed through the rear panel .

Pc ..yes industrial velco ..although it fell off the other day ..so will have to re think that one Sad

Camera wont work if you just plug it in ..there is no easy way round it ...an interface unit can be used so it switches on when you select reverse ..prices from about £250 - £500 Big Cry

Dunno about the battery as i used an Optima one ..designed to fit .
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #41080028th Jan 2009 7:21 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Wiggs

Thanks for that. Will have a look tomorrow and poke around. As for the camera that's the end of that then. It's not worth that much. SWMBO will have to pay more attention when reversing.

Now to go and find some MDF in work Whistle .

Post #41081528th Jan 2009 7:46 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have just installed the traxside kit.

See:
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=405865#405865

I have the traxside instructions but it is alarge pdf. Sad
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #41102629th Jan 2009 12:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >