DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Any observations please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Roger 47

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Any observations please

Hi all.
Whilst going up the long steep climb on the A38 just passed Exeter on our way to Cornwall with the caravan, 4th gear, good power and at about 50mph and still accelerating, bong EMS comes up and the usual drop in power.
To be honest I could bother with the recycling bit so carried on to our destination Looe. Next day the D3 was back to normal. Talking to another D3 owner on site about what happened he had fortunately an open Hawkeye diagnostic that could be used for any landrover. He offered to read the fault for me which he did. He then deleted the fault and then advised me that if it returned then seek further assistance. Unfortunately I can't remember the code but I can remember some of the wording. This is where I hope some of you educated ones can shed some light. The wording was "turbo/booster actuator **** signal **** A bank".
The **** means that I can't remember those words. The journey home with the caravan was uneventful and the D3 pulled as usual. I've done approx 1000mls since with no problems. It had a EGR valve fitted to the O/S in June and the MAP was cleaned before the holiday. Took the D3 out yesterday up Porlock hill with no issues.

Any thoughts would be grateful.
 1988 Range Rover
1990 Range Rover
1993 Range Rover
2001 Freelander GS
2002 Discovery TD5 ES
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S
2007 Freelander 2 S 

Post #8446017th Oct 2011 12:29 pm
zarnd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Could be the turbo? Once you turn the engine off and back on again it resets and the power is back.

cheers and good luck
 Alex

2007 D3 TDV6 HSE
2009 Caterham Supersport
2005 FFRR Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG 

Post #8446977th Oct 2011 4:33 pm
packingstrips

Its ok to clear fault codes if your confident the fault will return however it usually best to do a little disgnoisis before hand. I get very fustrated by AA and RAC guys who think nothing of deleting fault codes and then advising to get it in to the dealer.

If it isnt currently giving you any problems then i wouldnt worry about it until it does, as Zarnd said it sounds turbo related however the P code would have been great!! Get it fault read at a dealer if the fault reoccurs and go from there.

Post #8447247th Oct 2011 7:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >