Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Nox sensor SCR failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rossy1

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Manual Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Nox sensor SCR failure

I purchased a secondhand Disco 4 (66) from a Landrover Garage. At 6 months I had an amber 'Incorrect Diesel Exhaust Fluid Quality' warning on dash. I booked into Landrover but it then cleared itself.

1 month later it appeared again then with a count down. I called LR roadside assist who Identified a Nox Sensor fault and said to book it into garage which I did not realising he cleared the fault code. The landrover garage couldn't find anything wrong with the car.

Next time the fault appeared again I took it straight to garage and the said it was a issue with the Adblue quality and charged £375 me to drain and refill adblue. ( id never toped up the adbue since purchase).

3rd time same code appeared 'Incorrect Diesel Exhaust Fluid Quality' now with engine management light.
I called the garage - but agian it cleared itself.

4rth time same fault on dash - called LR Roadside who identified Nox sensor - took it back to landrover - Garage said the adblue pipe was leaking and injector blocked which they repaired under warranty.

Less than a week later same fault on dash with engine management and countdown. Roadside assist attended did diagnostic and said for the 4rth time its the Nox sensor - booked it into garage.

LR Garage are now they are saying its an SCR failure and estimate repair of £4k.

The car is still under extended warranty which covers Nox sensor but not SRC.

The LR Garage have had the car 4 times, each time LR roadside assist (diferrent mechanics) identified Nox sensor issues and the Garage refused to repair it. Now I have an src failure!

What do I do now? Should the garage cover it as they failed to repair sensor causing further damage resulting in the src damage?

Issue occurred within 6 months of me purchasing the car.

Post #237147220th Jun 2024 8:08 am
itsaguything

Canada 2015 LR4 3.0 SCV6 HSE Lux Auto Aintree GreenLR4

I find it difficult to follow the timelines here.
Are you stating that you did not follow the AdBlue suggested maintenance?
Specifically, how much time has passed between each complaint/observation?

And Roadside Assistance are not sme. Many inaccurately make assumptions based on a singular fault code, without taking into account the larger picture with all the codes involved. This is the reason why following the pinpoint tests in a workshop manual as is referring to the TSBs is imperative.
 2015 LR4 HSE Lux Aintree Green
2013 LR2 HSE Radiance Red
2007 XKR Jaguar Racing Green
2005 XJR Jaguar Racing Green
2002 S-Type R British Racing Green 

Post #237149020th Jun 2024 12:16 pm
rossy1

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Manual Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't do anything with the addblue. I only had the car 6 months and done less than 4k miles. When the warning light came on I took it straight to the garage.
it has been 9 months since the warning light first came on. It has been into Land rover 5 times for the same warning light.

Hope that helps your understanding if not let me know.Smile

Post #237151120th Jun 2024 3:46 pm
stephenw46

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I have a D4 under lr extended warranty which in march it dropped down to the select lower warranty, I had a fault that is not covered under the lower warranty but I had the same fault previously and the lr assist mechanic said he had updated software and it didn’t need to go into the workshop, because of this the warranty covered the repair cost, as you had called out lr assist and the cleared the code and the amount of times it’s faulted , obviously the garage and the warranty company are surely responsible, but you also stated that you purchased the vehicle from landrover garage, I would be onto customer services as such a costly repair after only six months is not excerptible,

Post #237154320th Jun 2024 9:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >