DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Do not use this company !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
ThatMartinChap

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Welcome to the forum & disco ownership.

Its good to see BH doing the right thing here Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

That's a fair old bill though, what sort of age/mileage is your disco ?
 Also Gone : MY14 D4 SDV6 HSE : Barolo Black + Almond
Sadly Gone : MY08 D3 TDV6 HSE : Stornoway + Alpaca + Privacy + BAS Remap 

Post #15235652nd Sep 2015 4:19 pm
Aaronb

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thatmartinchap it's a 2008 with 51000 miles which is why I bought that one , what with new discs and pads and new air con I thought it was sorted ! But with a new turbo and suspension bushes it should not want for anything for a while .
Added bonus from Blackhorse as well £300 compo !! Thank you very much

Post #15235832nd Sep 2015 5:00 pm
Aaronb

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well I have the car back , new turbo , new suspension bushes and two new wheel bearings later , and then because car has been sat at lr for 5 weeks the battery has decided to die a death !! Do new battery fitted and side steps oem style have been fitted in the 3 days I've had it back ! Let's hope that's the end of the saga

Post #152882113th Sep 2015 4:50 pm
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Fingers crossed that does solve all the problems and hopefully you can now get on with enjoying it!
 Andy

Post #152884413th Sep 2015 5:16 pm
Aaronb

Thanks Andy

Post #152894513th Sep 2015 7:42 pm
Aaronb

Update

So latest update if the saga I thought was sorted , since owning the vehicle I have had constant issues with the car loosing coolant , stratstone have had the car in numerous times and replaced hoses, clamps , both egr's and coolers , coolant bottle , numerous pressure tests have been conducted and still it leaks !!! Aggghhhhh ! The finally straw was after it being in the garage every month bar one I have again rejected the car through Blackhorse , however the difference being because it's a year on Blackhorse are loath to admit liability it was a problem at the point of sale !! And there policy is that until liability is admitted they will not provide a hire car , so they sent out an independent engineer this morning who could see a nearly empty coolant bottle and said " I'm not taking that out as if the engine seizes or over heats I'm liable " ring finance company 7 days to wait for the report from the engineer , there solution was use public transport (with 4 kids ) and don't use the car , or use the car and if it over heats or seizes then we are responsible if it does , my point being would they pay out if it did with out liability being admitted ?? I think not !! So now paying a lot of money per month for a 2.5 ton pile of scrap until liability is admitted !!

DONT USE EVANS HALSHAW or BLACKHORSE !!!
 D3 Java black HSE now gone
D4 santorini black landmark ( reverse camera and black lettering , black wheel centres) 

Post #166554310th Jun 2016 2:45 pm
Sniffer

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Don't want to insult you but when you say the coolant bottle is nearly empty, I was the same when I started looking for one but found out they all look empty unless you take a few bits out and look closer, apologies if you know this, but I would think if you top it up so you can see it, it will blow out the excess coolant until it has the correct amount which will look like it's loosing it but there will be no leak
Apologies again if you are aware of this

Post #166565510th Jun 2016 6:29 pm
Aaronb

Sniffer , know what you mean but no it's lost a good bit of coolant from the correct level it should be even landrover are scratching there head now as too why
D4 santorini black landmark ( reverse camera and black lettering , black wheel centres) 

Post #166568610th Jun 2016 8:22 pm
muddywheels4wd

England 

EH are part of pendragon as are Stratstone and I've had my fair share of dealings with them all

They buy lots at auctions and there strategy is to sell high volume cheap so you get a good deal

However once they have your cash they are not interested in aftercare so finance is essential for protection and knowing your rights

They will not roll easy so be prepared to fight

I wish you well with resolving this Bow down
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day! 

Post #166569110th Jun 2016 8:42 pm
mz mini

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

Yep I have been bitten twice by Stratstone NEVER again will I buy from them Twisted Evil
 Land Rover 90 - deceased Sad
Discovery 3 - deceased Sad
Discovery 4 2013
Mini Cooper S 1964 Mk1 - International Rally winner red & white
Mini Cooper s 1964 Mk1 - Road Rally champion green & white
Mini Cooper S 1971 Mk3 - original and unrestored Smile
Porsche 911 997
Porsche Boxster 3.4S
VW Polo 1.2
Citroen Xsara Picasso - shed/run around 

Post #166569210th Jun 2016 8:53 pm
Aaronb

Muddy wheels and mzmini to be fair stratstone have been awesome I can't fault them other than the fact they haven't been able to fix this issue , but have taken over my extended warranty from Evans halshaw . And they have said if Blackhorse do release me from the car they would look after me with finding a disco 4 instead ( but not so sure ) so I'll throw this one out to forum members , is the d4 that much better than a d3 ? Is the 3.0 engine that much better than the 2.7 ? And are the reliability issues sorted ( I know it never can be 100 % but more so than d3) ? Seems even after this experience I still love the discovery

Post #166570010th Jun 2016 9:09 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

D3 are reliable, you've found a bad one somehow unfortunately.

My 2009 D3 was awesome and I miss it.

That said D4 is much better, leagues ahead in refinement for engine and gearbox. Interior is a far classier place to be but not as rugged and practical.

Best difference is going post 2012 to get 3 litre and 8 speed.
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #166570210th Jun 2016 9:15 pm
Aguesty1

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Similar experiences with EH, in the end I ended up getting an Indy to do £900 worth of work on our D4 as I didn't trust them to do the work! They even manages to Censored the paintwork when taking (gouging) the old private ref plate off, didn't realise till I went to put my regon!!

Post #166570710th Jun 2016 9:31 pm
Peakwayfarer

England 

So far never had a problem with Stratstone or pendragon but to be fair only bought new or virtually new cars from them either as as an individual or leased through the company. Latest experience is have just bought a 12 mile old preregististered landmark discovery from them and so they have been faultless.

Post #166570910th Jun 2016 9:35 pm
Washwipe

England 

Stratstone are a mile from my door wouldn't Censored on them if on fire, nothing but grief with them.

Post #166583511th Jun 2016 9:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >