Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Marshall of Peterborough
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ajolious

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Marshall of Peterborough

Collected my 07MY TDV6 SE yesterday (11 Oct). Marshall were great all the way through the buying process including good comms and no flannel when the delivery date slipped. They did offer to deliver the car FOC due to the slippage but I wanted to go up in person. I travelled up on the train and they had a car and driver meet me from the station.

All very swiftly dealt with in the newly finished showroom (the new corporate Go Beyond theme). The car had been given a thorough going over, with everything set up ready to go.

It is almost a shame that I probably won't deal with them again, as my local dealer is in Devon!

Michele Peaks (Corporate sales Manager) dealt with me and I made sure to give her the Disco3 web address so she could pass it around the dealership. Very Happy

Post #9328212th Oct 2006 10:32 am
sufun

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I dealt with Michele Peaks as well and picked up my D3 from Marshalls too. Good operation there, I have to agree.
 TDV6 SE  
Post #9703427th Oct 2006 10:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave

United Kingdom 

Me too, arrived in my PX and they let me nip back out to remove remaining 6 months tax disc out of it, even though it was after the deal was done and sorted. My D3 was inside under spotlights in the showroom ready, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, could have shown family and friends just as you would with your first born!
 Captain Nick Medhurst would ask:
"What is the first rule when overlanding?"

I would Reply:
"Duratrac" 

Post #9715627th Oct 2006 4:28 pm
oliver77

Wales 

I agree, Michele Peaks and Marshalls are superb. They really showed up Stratstone and made me realise just how bad they were.

Post #9717027th Oct 2006 4:45 pm
SN

CrazyDave wrote:
Me too, arrived in my PX and they let me nip back out to remove remaining 6 months tax disc out of it, even though it was after the deal was done and sorted. My D3 was inside under spotlights in the showroom ready, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, could have shown family and friends just as you would with your first born!

Get the side-by-side shot like I did - really does show how good the D3 looks! 8)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #9717727th Oct 2006 4:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SimonH

England 

I also dealt with Michelle, very friendly and efficient. Defintely a shame they are so far away. A good setup.

Good price, good service, good car ....I hope. 3500 miles with no issues to date.

Looking forward to hearing from others that have used Marshalls. Any problems?
 NOW SOLD: 2006 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt silver with Alpaca Leather
Tow Pack, PTI, Full Size Spare 

Post #9754230th Oct 2006 9:22 am
aitchy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

glad you chaps are happy with Marshalls, they are my local dealer and as reported before i have nothing but praise for them in realtion to replacing my first car and other post sale help. i will be back in the spring to line up the next car with them.
 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue and still smiling  
Post #9757730th Oct 2006 12:26 pm
JOMO

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Yep, I used 'em too. Long way to go (150 miles each way), but the savings made it worth it. I also had delivery slippage on my 07MY (twice) but I think that was LR rather than Marshalls and Michelle kindly arranged a loaner for me after the second slippage. Thanks Michelle.

Also, last weekend, following recommendations from this site, I paid a visit to Nick at Yeovil (100miles each way) for some side steps and other bits. Good service and very good price.

Just seems wrong that you have to travel so far to find the service/price that should be available everywhere....especially when you're parting with significant wads of cash.

Post #9766730th Oct 2006 8:39 pm
eddtheduck

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You could knock a few miles off by going to Marshalls in Cambridge. I bought my D3 from them - again not my local dealer but worth the trip.
 2008.5 D3 HSE, Stornoway, Ebony
2007 BMW 335iSE - lust for speed satisfied 

Post #9781331st Oct 2006 2:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >