DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

iPhone 3g and 3GS with Bluetooth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
DrLex

Iceland 

Fleagle_UK wrote:
[...]
Hi - how do you check bluetooth options on an iPhone 3GS ?? All I can see is the ability to switch bluetooth on or off. I cant see any where in an iPhone to medle with the settings Sad Even selecting "Landrover" the only option brought up is to "forget it"
[...]

It's shown when the bluetooth device "negotiates" more than just 'headset' capabilities. Below is what I get from my MY2005 D3, which sounds like what you are seeing too:

Whilst this is what a MY2009 E class Mercedes shows:
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Last edited by DrLex on 31st Jul 2009 10:06 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #50241031st Jul 2009 8:44 pm
damienjr

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueLR3
Re: iphone 3g

Quote:
As a matter of solidarity, I am seeing the same symptoms with my brand new iPhone 3GS and 2006 LR3 HSE. If anyone thinks it matters, I am using the 2008 navigation DVD, not the original that came with the vehicle (I'll try the older DVD tonight, but I don't expect a change).

No solution yet, but a few quick updates: Reverting to the 2006 Navigation DVD had no effect on this problem.
I tried the spectrum of iPhone reset variations (including an iTunes restore from downloaded firmware). No help.
Paired LR3 successfully with other phones (Motorola RAZR, Nokia E51). Paired iPhone successfully with Bluetooth headset, and Mazda5.

My wife was just on the phone with Apple Tech Support this morning. They were polite and quick, and identified the iPhone Bluetooth vs. LR3 as a "known issue", but no solid solution yet. Apparently the next big iPhone software revision (presumably v3.1) will be released "in a month or so". And while the tech confirmed that it will include Bluetooth updates, he couldn't (wouldn't?) say that it addresses this issue.
[/quote]

Post #50242631st Jul 2009 9:33 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

DrLex wrote:
Fleagle_UK wrote:
[...]
Hi - how do you check bluetooth options on an iPhone 3GS ?? All I can see is the ability to switch bluetooth on or off. I cant see any where in an iPhone to medle with the settings Sad Even selecting "Landrover" the only option brought up is to "forget it"
[...]

It's shown when the bluetooth device "negotiates" more than just 'headset' capabilities. Below is what I get from my MY2005 D3, which sounds like what you are seeing too:

Whilst this is what a MY2009 E class Mercedes shows:

Thats what i like to see ..a nice jailbroken phone Whistle
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #5024981st Aug 2009 12:59 am
dubai

United Arab Emirates 2009 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Just updated to 3.0.1
Will check tomorrow if there is any improvement.

Post #5026631st Aug 2009 7:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dubai

So far so good. After updating to 3.0.1 all calls have connected OK. Hope it continues.

Post #5029742nd Aug 2009 6:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Fleagle_UK

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

dubai wrote:
So far so good. After updating to 3.0.1 all calls have connected OK. Hope it continues.

Glad it appears to have solved your call problem. Lets hope it sorts the pairing problem as well. That said, I dont think the 3.01 patch has been released in the UK yet. Shocked

Post #5031603rd Aug 2009 12:01 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yep patch available on itunes
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #5031733rd Aug 2009 12:32 pm
dubai

Regrettably it hasn't solved the problem. Today I had 2 calls failed to connect, so back to the drawing board, so to speak.

Post #5032933rd Aug 2009 4:50 pm
gbnut

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi,

I updated in the UK yesterday and can report that the problem seems to be resolved for me too.

I have not had any issue with either calls or pairing

Thanks

James
 D3 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway Grey - Privacy Glass
Tow Ball and Twin Electrics
Big TA Tin Tent to Justify the Disco to SWMBO!!! 

Post #5032943rd Aug 2009 4:50 pm
Fleagle_UK

well the upgrade to 3.01 on the iPhone made no difference whatsoever to the pairing....still have to enter pin twice each and every time manually.

To be honest I didnt expect it to fix it - looking at Apples release notes the patch was to stop this SMS hacking.

Still waiting for landrover to get back to me RE: Firmware.

Last edited by Fleagle_UK on 21st Mar 2012 5:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5036154th Aug 2009 12:50 pm
eaglesrest

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hmmm, I was thinking about getting an iPhone 3GS, but not so sure now. Has anyone tried it with a later Disco 3?

I've got an 08 HSE, and think there was an upgrade to the D3 BT hardware at some point that might offer hope for later models?

Post #5039865th Aug 2009 11:22 am
dubai

eaglesrest wrote:
Hmmm, I was thinking about getting an iPhone 3GS, but not so sure now. Has anyone tried it with a later Disco 3?

I've got an 08 HSE, and think there was an upgrade to the D3 BT hardware at some point that might offer hope for later models?

Mine is 09 HSE V8 I had absolutely no problems until I updated from OS 2 to OS 3 on my iPhone 3G. Updating again to OS 3.0.1 seemed to have been successful initially but is still not 100%. Don't know about the 3GS.

Post #5041795th Aug 2009 8:38 pm
gringle

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

eaglesrest wrote:

A partial answer - I've got a 3GS on 3.0.1 (not jailbroken) and it works great on the built in bluetooth kit in my car (used daily in the car).

Probably once a month the bluetooth locks up - easy fix has been just to go to the bluetooth menu in the phone, and delete the Land Rover, then reconnect - which seems to take 10 seconds and then everything is fine.

I expect this is the same behaviour as everyone else - but at least it's consistent on the 3GS Whistle

Cheers,
Rob.
 Rob aka gringle
D3 07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway Grey [X100 ***], Mantec Plate, Black badges, disco3.co.uk sticker on the tailgate. 

Post #5042305th Aug 2009 9:52 pm
Fleagle_UK

So Rob, are you saying that with your iphone 3GS you dont have to pair manually each time you get in the car ? ie it does it automatically ? Surprised

Post #5042335th Aug 2009 10:08 pm
gringle

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Exactly that - I came back into heathrow this evening, got into the car, put the iphone in the holder and called my wife - the bluetooth grabbed the call and it worked.

It's possibly worth mentioning that I had the dealer upgrade the firmware on the bluetooth module to the latest one about 1 year ago (last time it was mentioned on the boards) - and it all worked fine with my jailbroken iPhone 3G too.

I bought a 3GS from Italy a couple of weeks ago (factory unlocked) and it's working just as well as the 3G did.

Rob.
 Rob aka gringle
D3 07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway Grey [X100 ***], Mantec Plate, Black badges, disco3.co.uk sticker on the tailgate. 

Post #5042635th Aug 2009 10:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >