DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

foot rest removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
foot rest removal

Folks

At 6'5", I need all the room I can get. How does the foot rest to the left of the clutch pedal come out on my new TDV6. I removed it on both of my TD5's, and this gave some nice space in which to put my left foot.

cheers
Alan

Post #2982625th Nov 2005 3:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
graemem

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Sorry, I have no idea on this, however what I do find frustrating is the distance between the brake pedal and the accerlator pedal.

I keep hitting the brakes instead of the gas, you know, big feet and all Smile

Post #2986825th Nov 2005 8:38 pm
jaymeany

United States 2006 LR3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Have you solved this?

I am sure that this thread is really cold but thought I'd try. Have you reolved this and how did you do it?

Post #13150120th Feb 2007 12:40 am
al cope

England 

jay

yes - sorted. The top ribbed section of the foot rest comes out, and down inside are two nuts which you take off, and the footrest comes out (dont forget, I'm taking about right hand drive here in the UK). There are two holes left in the carpet, but easily covered with some spare bits.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #13165520th Feb 2007 8:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jaymeany

United States 2006 LR3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Thanks Al,

It is a bit different than the N'am LHD. The foot rest on mine is a single piece of molded plastic which seems to be pressed into place. I believe it pulls out in a particular direction but I am not sure.

Jay

Post #13165920th Feb 2007 8:38 pm
al cope

England 

Jay

the UK one "looks" like its a single peice of plastic too. It isnt obvious that the ribbed section comes out, but it does, then you find the nuts underneath.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #13181721st Feb 2007 11:14 am
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
NAS foot rest same as UK - cap pops off and two bolts under

Much to my surprise, the foot rest on my 2005 North American spec LR3 is two pieces of plastic; a top cap that your foot rests on, and a four sided plastic shell that the top cap recesses into. The four sided shell is held to the carpet by two nuts which are readily visible when the cap is popped off.

While not very obvious, the outer ridge of the foot pad line pattern is where the separation is between the cap and the four sided support. I inserted a fine screw driver near the top portion of the outer ridge and to my surprise, the recessed top just popped out. The task was not very difficult once I knew how.

It took me about three days to figure out how to do this five minute job. In spite of the posts and some parts drawings that I had, I was certain that the foot rest was a single moulding. Fortunately the surround was strong plastic and I was unable to break even though I tried prying between the carpet and the bottom side of the surround.

As I said, recessed top cap pops off and exposes two bolts; unscrew two bolts and remove surround - that is all it takes.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #56775320th Dec 2009 4:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >