Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Follow on for poor seats in S models
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
DiscoStu

England 

Mine's going in for this a week Tuesday.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #11823410th Jan 2007 7:23 am
al cope

England 

Had my drivers seat cushion replaced yesterday - cant say I feel any difference - in fact fabric still has creases in it (has it been changed you may well ask!)

for those of you that have had it done, wa the seat fabric the same as before, and HOW did it feel different?

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #11865011th Jan 2007 10:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
woolwich_gunner

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Slightly off topic but I have an XS on order with leather seats - do they just put in the SE/HSE seats or just retrim the [seemingly crappy] S/XS seats?

Thanks

Post #11866911th Jan 2007 11:27 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

al cope wrote:

for those of you that have had it done, wa the seat fabric the same as before, and HOW did it feel different?

Al

My seat felt much more firm, particularly at the front under the knees and the side 'bolsters' also felt more pronounced. Felt like a different seat altogether TBH
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021 

Last edited by DG on 11th Jan 2007 2:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #11867611th Jan 2007 11:42 am
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

WG

How did you order leather seats with your XS as they are not listed as an option?

Mine has leather but it was done at the dealers as a re-trim so I have heated, manual, leather seats, no arm rest!
 Back in the game!  
Post #11874811th Jan 2007 2:21 pm
woolwich_gunner

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

As far as I am aware it's factory fitted - but my car is coming via Landrover Tourist, Military & Diplomatic Sales so I haven't actually dealt with a dealer. Low rent service but £6k off list!

Post #11878311th Jan 2007 3:46 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hmm, not a standard option? Military and diplomatic sales?
Sounds to me like some strings have been pulled! Wink
 Back in the game!  
Post #11880511th Jan 2007 4:28 pm
twizzle

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

al cope wrote:
Had my drivers seat cushion replaced yesterday - cant say I feel any difference - in fact fabric still has creases in it (has it been changed you may well ask!)

Al

Mine felt much firmer, you can tell if it's been done by sliding your hand between the seat cushion and the rear of the seat.. if it has been modified you cannot get through, unmodified seats allow you to push through to the floor!!! try your passenger seat for comparision... Part of the TSB is to attach the rear seat base to the frame.

They did not change the seat fabric on mine... still has unsightly stains !

Mine also feels slightly higher/more padding on the leading edge.. could do with more though. Overall it's a slight improvement... i certainly noticed the differance the first time i got in...
 i'm lovin it....  
Post #11908512th Jan 2007 10:52 am
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

al cope wrote:

for those of you that have had it done, was the seat fabric the same as before, and HOW did it feel different?
Al
Just had mine done, as DG says above,plus yes, the fabric cover and the cushion underneath should be new, different shape to accommodate slightly bigger bolsters, and new covers have a diagonal line of stitching about 1/2 way back on bolsters. They certainly shouldn't have put your old covers back on al,and twizzle, and both front seats should be done regardless, go and knuckle 'em,the tight b**tards. Wink  
Post #11937213th Jan 2007 5:42 pm
al cope

England 

Guys - for those of you that have had the "new/upgraded" seat base.....

what is the TB for the seat base change, as my dealer, after talking with LRCS has said there is a "new" mechanism for the sinking height issue (which I have but they havnt replaced this!), and that mine has had the seat foam replaced, with the orginal fabric refitted.

If you are one of those that have had this new base (with the diagonal stiching) can you supply me your chassis number, as my dealer can then find your "fix".

thanks
Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #12028716th Jan 2007 7:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Alan, TSB is LA-501-031, I believe, for modified seat cushions / covers, and requires a kit to do both front seats. Good Luck. Wink BTW, I didn't ask them to do the seat height adjuster mod, as I didn't have an issue with mine, but they have done this as well I notice, bless 'em.

Post #12055417th Jan 2007 12:06 am
al cope

England 
reply from LR

Folks

letter arived from John Edwards, MD LRUK this morning. Very appologetic, thanking me for brand loyalty, and issue passed to their executive office and to product and development team. It also comments that LR must not be complacent, and take customer feedback seriously.

OK, so its not a "fix", and I could be cynical, and say its lip service, but if we dont keep telling LR, they will never know there is an issue. Now at least its known about, and maybe in the facelift model, which invariably there will be, it might be sorted.

There is apparently a fix for the sinking seat adjuster so contact your dealer for this (no mention of TSB number though).

Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #12110718th Jan 2007 9:59 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

TSB LA501-021 issued 15th. March 2006
Manual seat adjustment
Vehicles with manually adjustable seats VIN-range: 5A300167 Onwards

A customer may report a concern that over long journeys, the seat requires re-adjustment to maintain the desired height, or that when left unattended for long periods the seat height adjustment requires lowering.

Cause: A tolerance issue within the height adjustment mechanism can lead to height adjustment slippage.
Action: Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin.

Service Procedure

NOTE: The height adjustment lever is close to the edge of the seat cushion and is prone to accidental operation during driver ingress and egress. A customer may perceive that the seat is self-lowering when this is not the case. The seat cannot lower itself when unattended due to the presence of two assistor springs under the seat base. In order to avoid unnecessary component replacement, ensure that the driver is not accidently operating the adjustment lever. This can be established by placing a solid object between the lever and the seat trim to immobilize it during ingress/egress to confirm if the symptoms persist.

TSB LA501-031 issued 2nd October 2006
Baggy Front Seat Cushion Material
Vehicles with cloth seats. VIN-range: 5A300167 Onwards

Summary:
A customer may report a concern that the cloth cover of one or both of the front seats has become baggy and creased across the center portion towards the back of the seat cushion.

Cause: The seat cushion cover is secured to the cushion foam by two rows of securing rings on the first and second panels, but in order to accommodate the seat heater mat, none are installed at the rear of the cushion, which can lead to the above complaint. A revised cushion design incorporating a different seat heater mat (where installed) allows the cover to be secured to the cushion in the critical area.
Action: Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin to renew both front seat cushion covers.

Post #12117418th Jan 2007 12:34 pm
al cope

England 

TFC

So this is what Censored me off, I compalin that I'm sitting in a hole, and its obvious the seat material is creased, so the dealer changes the seat cushion foam, and refits the old fabric. ARGGGGGG...

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #12118818th Jan 2007 12:55 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Al, looks like the workshop monkey can't read then, item 3 in the service procedure states: "Discard the original cover, seat foam and the heater mat (where installed) and/or the seat belt reminder sensor" Thud
Looks like they bodged it 'cos there is a repair kit with all the parts required including a replacement seat cover Rolling Eyes
oh, and the kit has all the parts for both front seats

Post #12119418th Jan 2007 1:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >