Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

First EPB - then fuel glitch and EAS issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Patlin

Sweden 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
First EPB - then fuel glitch and EAS issue

Hi guys, recently got a LR4 HSE 2011 with about 16000km on the meter. The honeymoon was quite short though, so now I'm having quite a crash course in the world of fixing LR.

My EPB got jammed (due to worn shoes), so I had to pull the emergency cable. After that I had to pull out the EPB-module out, unjam the ballscrew, reconnect the wires and mount back along with new discs, pads and shoes. However the system now goes backwards (release direction) when pulling the EPB-lever up. My theory is it probably tries to reconnect the wires by itself, but it just keeps on going to the end of the ball screw but doesn't get a signal that is reconnected. Does this makes sense? Need to order a diagnostic tool to clear this and maybe it'll be sorted then. But this is my least concern now...

Becuase - on the first test ride(!) after the EPB-struggle I got I fuel reading issue, where the fuel gauge drops from 1/4 to zero within a coulpe of miles. When I restart the engine it pops back to 1/4 and does the same all over. Have been reading quite some threads about the wiring problems inside the tank etc. But before I go ahead and drop the tank I want to investigate if it somehow can be related to the EPB-fix.. I read at one place that the fuel sender unit shares fuse with the EPB, but haven't been able to confirm this. All fuses are ok though, but just a clue that they could be connected in some way.

But there is more.. on this first test ride the suspension didn't work either. Basicly it doesn't react to button (up or down), just says, "car is rising" (or lower) but nothing happens, and then the light comes up on dash. Sounds like compressor is running, but maybe a bit sporadic, because I can't here it at all times. No signs of air leakage, since it maintains height over time, even with battery out so it can't self adjust.

I bit tricky to know what faults are related and not, I mean they could possibly be separated, but since the last two came just after as I had the car on jacks for a week it makes me suspicious.

Good thing with owning a LR and beeing a DIY is the massive community around and all wonderful people helping each other. If this continues I will for sure be able to contribute quite some in the future Smile

Cheers

Patrik, Sweden

Post #20885751st Oct 2019 10:28 am
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

Yes someone commented on the links recently, I’ll have a look.

There’s a good chance the module needs to go through the relatching or the calibration routine for it to work properly.

Post #20886391st Oct 2019 3:08 pm
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

Found something, the EPB and fuel gauge have the same fuse. Check that’s not blown even though you have power to the module (stranger things happen with LRs)

Post #20886431st Oct 2019 3:12 pm
Patlin

Sweden 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Short update - the fuel glicth is due to to the accelarator sensor that apparently is in the EPB module.. The module was still flipped when test driving (which need to be done to reach from the back, D4). So the ECU was probably getting a strange reading due to this. Once the module is in correct position the fuel reading is fine Smile I'm guessing this can cause all sorts of faults.

Still the sytem don't understand the cable is relatched. It just tries to relatch by it self by going to end of travel for 10s with a tick tick sound. Found some with the same issue, so it's probably doable to solve Smile

Post #209496725th Oct 2019 10:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >