Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Filbeys LD3 :D
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just as long as it's not Jeep. Evil or Very Mad
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #142411611th Feb 2015 12:42 pm
Alphamale

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I repaired one of my keys with a new case from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/suitable-for-LAN...20e0615e2d When it arrived it was actually a genuine LR one and easy to do.

Post #142416011th Feb 2015 2:54 pm
yogi972

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Lost for Words wrote:
Just as long as it's not Jeep. Evil or Very Mad

Thumbs Up

Post #142418111th Feb 2015 3:59 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

www.hatchbag.co.uk

Best protection you can get for the rear - mine is nearly 3 years old and going strong despite some serious abuse.
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #142419611th Feb 2015 4:56 pm
F1L8EY

United Kingdom 

So less than 2 weeks in and distaster struck... the intermittent brake fault turned up that the rear brakes were well shot, seized arm in the right side and the handbrake motor is also duff. SO on to source a new one and i shall get them changed out this week, the motor will be an interesting swap but the brakes should be easy enough for me Very Happy

Post #142780616th Feb 2015 9:04 pm
Lost for Words

Have a read here first: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic91299.html Thumbs Up
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #142804817th Feb 2015 10:06 am
F1L8EY

United Kingdom 

cheers Lost but I managed to source a brand new genuine LR EPB Module with change for £400. ill pick up new shoes discs and pads in the morning as well as a larger pair of axle stands and start taking the old one out. i won't bin it ill have a look at repairing it as a spare if this one ever goes Very Happy

now to find a link to swapping the unit out Wink

Post #142835617th Feb 2015 8:34 pm
F1L8EY

United Kingdom 

So guys With lots of swearing I have changed out the EPB motor (in the rain) and all the rear brakes.
i set up the handbrakes shoes i.a.w Bodsy's brake bible... what a great guide. Many thanks Bodsy!!
can be found here if you haven't seen it...

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...ssPics.pdf

The parking brake now comes on and off as described.... my questions are
1. should my handbrake automactly come off when i drive away ?? its an 05 D3
2. my amber light hasn't disappeared (i had a friend come and delete the fault codes but its only a portable fault code reader not a beefy one) what reader do i need to see if there is another problem ??

Post #142961119th Feb 2015 10:05 pm
Lost for Words

Quote:
1. should my handbrake automactly come off when i drive away ?? its an 05 D3

Auto - yes. Manual - needs enabling. Wink

Quote:
2. my amber light hasn't disappeared (i had a friend come and delete the fault codes but its only a portable fault code reader not a beefy one) what reader do i need to see if there is another problem ??

Have you checked the 30A pink fuse in the battery junction box (labelled on the back of the lid)? Question

There are two main diagnostic tools to consider. The IID (BT) by GAP Diagnostic and the Nanocom by Blackbox Solutions. Lots of info and comparisons available here with a search. Thumbs Up

Post #142980220th Feb 2015 10:24 am
F1L8EY

United Kingdom 

Lost yes I took the fuse out to disable the brake in the first place but i will try taking it out and replacing it Very Happy

Picked up the boot liner and while its not 100% on the fit its 99%!! at £27 it a good thick liner good quality rubber and very good grip to stop things rolling around in the big space.

After all the fixing over the week it could do with a bucket and sponge!!

Post #142984020th Feb 2015 11:41 am
F1L8EY

United Kingdom 

OK so a few things I've noticed.... like I've said before i need to sort the rust bubbles on the door window seals... and I've bought the discs and pads to do the front but they don't really need doing yet!

Ive noticed the reversing light comes on intermittently when i put it into reverse... that should come on every time!! any ideas guys ? is this part of a common fault ? my thinking is its most likely a sensor/microswitch on the gear selector ?

also i have the airbag light on but I've not had the time to dig under the seats to try and check the connectors... if i unplug them all and plug back in would the light reset without a fault code reader to clear it (providing i clear the actual fault I know) Thumbs Up

your help and comments are always encouraged Surprised

Post #143326425th Feb 2015 10:07 pm
Alan B

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Alan B wrote:
Floor mats keep popping up in the for sale section,
There are a few topics on the keys, a new one from land rover iirc is expensive.

The rust under the window seal is simple, get a new window trim, and replace the old one, 2 torx screws I think. Makes a big difference.

Again try Brad at Yeovil land rover

Thumbs Up

Sometimes it pays to read the replies

Whistle Thumbs Up
 D3 57 xs Stornaway grey
D2 02 commercial silver gone but a great servant and won't be forgotten

Iid Bluetooth 

Post #143327425th Feb 2015 10:18 pm
F1L8EY

United Kingdom 

So the intermittent fault with the reverse lights is apparently a common fault with a gearbox/flywheel sensor. used the reset procedure found on here and hey presto i have my reverse lights back along with the reverse sensors Very Happy

the two main problems i have now are a park brake fault light (replaced the module and all the brakes) works fine apart from the light.

second is an airbag light but i suspect its to do with the underseat wiring :/

Filbey.

PS. i should get some more photos up too soon as she's looking a bit prettier with some TLC

Post #146131220th Apr 2015 7:27 pm
F1L8EY

United Kingdom 

So i spent some time underneath the landy a few months ago and replaced plenty... all belts, alternator, wishbones, brake pipes, battery, full service, new 50/50 AT Grabbers (really happy with them)

The EPB fault light was a quick fix, where I had installed the new module but didnt have the electronics to reset the link to the mercury switch that operates the HDC function, LR in Saltash had it on the ramp for 20 mins or so plugged in while i had a coffee and i was back out again !! with the disco dash no longer looking like a.... Disco Confused

now the steering has gone heavy on me, an educated stab in the dark without looking at it is its the power steering pump an ive lost nothing else and im sure that the pump is driven by a belt that drives other ancillaries.

Anyone had to replace this Censored ?? any tips ??

But on the whole She has towed very well and driven very well for the past couple of months without a hitch ! (even with two big 16hh+ horses in the trailer)

Post #166158231st May 2016 12:02 pm
F1L8EY

United Kingdom 

So gents I have been logging on and reading periodically but I've just realised its been over a year since my last post, so an update is due...

Firstly Ive done quite a few bit more recently to the D3, but a fantastic amount of the information and how to guides have been from the Disco3.co.uk community so a massive thank you to you all.

that brings me onto the next item, should i be documenting the work I do better?? Im a man who follows engineering procedures daily and would it help if i took photos and included a how too ?? i take for granted i think sometimes that my 'simple' task is not everyones 'simple' and vis-versa.

So since my last post I've joined a Car Club (free use of tools and 3 bays including 2x 4post ramps and a 2 post also, running air lines and power in a well lit facility.) in the last 2 trips I've replaced with a little swearing:
-rear drop links
-front steering tie rods
-front tie rod ends
-tail gate actuator (although looking today for some adjustment advice saw people are putting in a manual release in case it snaps again !! GENIUS!! but alas too late, i will however incorporate this if it goes again)
-rear brake adjust (trying to prolong the life of the EPB
-reset the XYZ gear indicator/reverse light/amber warning doodah...

and given the D3 its annual hoover and jet wash. she's used daily in a horse environment by the wife so there is little point hoovering more than every 6 months Laughing

tracking is on the cards for tomorrow along with the MOT and 2 door seals I've been meaning to do.

Will try and get some photos up over the next week or so, I'm thinking id like to get a roof rack/expidition rack and maybe a LED light bar for the front of it ?? i bought a buffer with the intention of giving it a t cut but alas Im not sure I'm brave enough to start that job... id rather paint the forth road bridge Big Cry

Post #173410014th Nov 2016 11:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >