Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Faulty fuel guage ... local generic garage or dealership ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Had the same issue, not covered by the extended warranty, but LR decided to cover the cost of repair as goodwill.

Post #16359674th Apr 2016 6:40 pm
gedaso

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I routinely can fit only about 60 litres into the tank on my D4 SDV6 once I have run it down to where the fuel gauge is zero and the "range to empty" reads zero. I've noticed the technical bulletin above says "A customer complaint of the fuel gauge not working or the gauge is not accurate.". Is it likely that what I am experiencing will be fixed by this ?

Post #165649518th May 2016 12:38 pm
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I think your problem sounds very similar.

During the time I have owned mine, I have never been able to get anywhere near the amount of diesel in the tank should hold, also my fuel warning light would sometimes only appear when the range to empty was in single figures.

My dealer looked at it a few times but couldn't fix it, so eventually decided as per the notification here they would drop the tank, but despite trying repeatedly I could never get an appointment when I was sufficiently low on fuel so gave up.

My gauge disappeared completely a couple of times but only for a few minutes, then last month it vanished for a few days, only coming back on by the rocking caused by a very rutted lane. It has now been off again for a week, so time to get it sorted, especially now I see it might actually decide for itself it has run out of diesel!!!
 Andy

Post #16621862nd Jun 2016 6:29 am
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

SteveNorman wrote:
If it's under 3 year warranty then it is covered.
If it's under an extended warranty then it is covered.

If you think that Landrover should warrant any part likely to become faulty, for any time scale, I doubt if you will get much joy from them. Wink

regards
Steve

I got an issue repaired by a franchised dealer recently, free of charge, on my older D4 because previous franchised dealer had failed or missed a service instruction to repair said item when the tech bulletin was issued originally.
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #16623292nd Jun 2016 4:55 pm
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Steve Norman is right Bow down and the independent I am booked into on Tuesday is wrong.

A D4 does indeed misfire (eventually) with the fuel gauge problem and will then cut out after about 5 miles of misfiring even with three quarters of a tank of diesel as my gauge made a brief reappearance after the AA man disconnected the battery.

Huge thanks to a very nice AA man who arrived within 20 minutes of my call Bow down and it was also good to see the fault codes I obtained from my IID matched perfectly with his Bosch system, which probably cost a great deal more.
 Andy

Post #166597911th Jun 2016 4:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >