Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Easyjet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
geoffsnook

Wales 
Easyjet

Hi all got flight's out to Spain booked with easyjet for later in April so assume they will be cancelled so been trying to contact them to cancel them as not sure when i will get back out to my brother in laws place he's there at moment and quite happy with lock down but it's nearly impossible to cancel can change them or add luggage car hire etc but not cancel them have tried ringing them countless times and emailed there customer service do i just have to wait for them to contact me Question
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #213283029th Mar 2020 9:00 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Current EasyJet policy is:

1) They cancel the flight you can change or refund at no fee; or

2) You can change your flights to a different route/date where the original booked flight is still scheduled, no fee

There is no refund at customer request option where the flight is presently still scheduled to take place.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus/change-for-free

Based on a couple of UK/Spain routes I just looked at, they're cancelling 2/3rds at the moment.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #213284429th Mar 2020 9:41 pm
Sea Raider

We had flights booked for the 14th of April to Venice with Easyjet.
They contacted us last week to let us know the flight had been cancelled and given the option to rebook at a later date or receive a refund.
Requested a refund and they claim it will be refunded within 7 days, still waiting for the cash.

Post #213285429th Mar 2020 10:08 pm
geoffsnook

Wales 

Thanks guys have read there policy and new what it was.Just wanted to know if it was best to wait for them to contact me as its a nightmare to try and get through but see this morning all flights from them have been grounded so will await there contact as it is very easy to change flights but to cancel them it's not good which i can understand Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone

Post #213290830th Mar 2020 7:39 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

According to the Beeb SqueezyJet has grounded its entire fleet. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52087619

We are sitting here heaving a sigh of relief as Qantas flights stopped 2 days after we got out. When we were waiting on our flight we received an email saying our flight was canned, luckily it wasn’t and equally lucky we didn’t see that email until we were home. Shocked

Post #213290930th Mar 2020 7:51 am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 

And have just watched the travel guy Simon Caulder saying that easyJet & BA have removed the option in “my booking” about refund and you have to ring a number which will cut you off after a period of time. He said you are legally entitled to a refund or choose vouchers and the airlines are keen for you to have a voucher Censored. It’s a bit naughty but don’t be pressured into vouchers and remember their attitudes when all this blows over Thumbs Up . Other airlines that are being integral are available Thumbs Up
 visiting from www.rrsport.co.uk  
Post #213291230th Mar 2020 8:21 am
geoffsnook

Wales 

i don't want vouchers had a quick look to see if there were any flights there in September after the school holidays but the flights seem rather steep at the moment they must be trying to get as much money in as possible and sting us Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone

Post #213291530th Mar 2020 8:25 am
Pelyma

England 

I would say if you can afford to take vouchers then do so, these companies need working capital to stay afloat, if they all go under flights will be very expensive. Martin Lewis gave this advice over a week ago, we want forbearance from banks and our employers, we should try to give it to those that we deal with too.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #213292230th Mar 2020 9:01 am
Sea Raider

^^^^^^ all good and well^^^^^

However

We were supposed to be in Florida as we speak as a celebration for my daughter finishing Uni.
Her boyfriend and family were coming to, so

Flights (Icelandair) £4000 - 4/6 weeks for a refund
Villa hire - paid a 50% deposit of around £1000 - no response to several emails, Credit Card Co not interested
Park tickets - £400 each, they want 20% return fee, £80 a ticket for what exactly?
Car hire - £600 - returned within 24hrs

Early April as a Christmas prezzie we were off to Venice
Flights with Easyjet refunded but still waiting on the cash
Hotel with Expedia - cant get an answer

What I have learned is that Mastercard have issued guidelines to their call centres that if any of the terms and conditions mention 'Non refundable' in the booking then they have no power to act.
I had a 30 min wait last week to speak to them then was told that I must be patient and give the companies at least 2 weeks to respond because they may be busy. No mention of me being given any extra 2 weeks grace to pay the credit card though!
So whilst I do have sympathy for these companies at a time like these, it very much feels like as per usual its the customer who will pay the price.
Looks like the next port of call will be my travel insurance which in the past have been superb, we have a group annual insurance and they usually jump through hoops for their customers.

Post #213292430th Mar 2020 9:14 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Got £2,800 tied up in vouchers with Singapore Airlines and about £850 with Scoot, Singapore Airline’s budget arm. It’s for flights to be completed by end March 21, at the mo. We’ve kind of written that off, if we can use it then great but no idea how things will be for travelling at the back end of the year. Somehow doubt things will be back to anything like “normal” then, plus you can bet your bottom Singapore Dollar that it’ll be “yes sir, you can use those vouchers but it’ll cost you x thousand S$ on top to use them”.

Post #213292530th Mar 2020 9:17 am
geoffsnook

Wales 

That's my issue while i do understand the argument i don't see why i should fund them when they appear to have hikes the prices for September flights i thought there model was x amount of seat's cheap next not so cheap and so on but being so far in front i could not find any cheap flights like i did for the ones i had so why cant they just transfer them to a layer time as long as its not peak which when i want to go is not
 Discovery 3 se gone

Post #213292730th Mar 2020 9:47 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

A lot of folk take breaks in September if they don't have young kids.

Current pricing Bristol-Murcia for Aug-Oct

Looks fairly standard for that time of the year. The cheap flights for September are usually only available on unpopular routes/times by this time of year - the time to get them cheap is when the timetable opens for bookings, and then only usually in the first couple of hours.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #213295130th Mar 2020 10:16 am
geoffsnook

Wales 

Went to the old murcia last year for £37 return each plus taxes and bags so it's quite a bit more this year and we booked just a little later than this Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone

Post #213298530th Mar 2020 12:12 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

There's the small matter of March-June pretty much being off the table now. That will have made a bit of a difference from last year.
Post #213298730th Mar 2020 12:23 pm
riverblanche

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi,
we are in the same boat (or should that be plane!) have an Easyjet flight for early May to Italy.

Not sitting on the fence but agree with All thats said above Confused

Trying to be "reasonable" about what you do and what they do, it is difficult for everyone and no right answer, its what you need to do so for some it has to be a refund and rightly so.

I would be happy to take a voucher But only if it was a Voucher for a Flight not a value, that way if you take the voucher you get a flight at the price you paid, you are still leaving some money in the pot,
if you take a refund and want a flight later down the line you pay the going rate Question

Sure this would not suit everyone either but to me it seems fairer

Thumbs Up
 Transit! 2019
Gone D3 HSE 2008
Another Porsche Cayenne 2022
Gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
Gone RRS HSE Dynamic 2016
Gone RRS HSE LUX 2011
Gone RRS HSE 2006
Gone D3 SE 2.7 2008
gone D2 Td5 1999

I plan on living forever and so far so good !

Club DG Mclaren stuff

Post #213301230th Mar 2020 1:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >