DISCO3.CO.UK > General

D3's are they worth it? - about to buy a 4x4 - help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

DiscoStu wrote:
A 'My D3's Fine!' thread seems like a great idea - albeit a bit boring!

I'd sign up for that! (for both of my D3s!)

Post #7859215th Aug 2006 6:37 pm
dc-99

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well, the last page of posts are too late for me Very Happy

I told the dealer I was going ahead and taking the silver with air sus / auto box.

Every thing going well - I'll have it Saturday Shocked Very Happy 8)

I hope I won't miss my 'toys' from my usual spec level of car (auto dim mirror, auto wipers, cuise control - theses have been a must for any car I have had in the last number of years) There are practily no toys on the D3 I am getting.

Car is the same one I test drove (doesn't even have the PDI done on it Surprised and they let me drive it before the PDI - put the first couple of Km on it my self.)

While I like the silver - I kinda wanted the Buck Blue oh well. Trouble was I am getting a commercial version with the Auto box - no other dealer has one in any other colour.

While I take on board what the last page of post said - about unreliability etc, I still want to go for the LR D3.

Can't wait .
Won't wait.
Gotta Wait Crying or Very sad

I tried another dealer yesterday for a price/trade in, I had to ring him back myself, and he still had'nt done a price for me - supposed to call me back later - he didn't. Lost out then didn't he.

Anyway, thanks for all the input and advice on my new adventure, I'll possible stik around here for a couple of years and plague ye with stupid questions on D3's - hope ye don't mind.

Post #7861615th Aug 2006 7:33 pm
Ken

dc-99 you have done the right thing

Post #7861815th Aug 2006 7:37 pm
BarryG

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

DC-99.

Good Job.... and welcome to the World of LandRover...
I hope when you get her , she bring you miles of enjoyable driving...
and I assure you , you have made a good decision..

Cheers
Barry

Post #7861915th Aug 2006 7:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Matty1970

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Good Luck DC-99....!

Welcome to the world of Pleasure and Pain....

Post #7862115th Aug 2006 7:48 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

dc-99 wrote:
I'll possible stik around here for a couple of years and plague ye with stupid questions on D3's - hope ye don't mind.

As long as U do not mind stupid answeres! Only kidding, I ask dumb questions & get very useful answers. Thumbs Up

Post #7862915th Aug 2006 8:29 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Just to add that mine is fine - bought new in December and 10,000 miles on it is great. I had the same worries re reliability, and did a survey on here somewhere (I'll find the link later) and most people were happy with their cars - it is just the ones with the problems who ask the questions.

As we've said it is a bit boring to post " my car has been fine all week, again" but I think the vast majority are ok. If you look at other web sites for Volvo XC90's etc they all have the same niggles (such as XC90's that catch fire apparantly) and so on.

The people on here re just passionate about the car and talk alot about the issues that happen, so it is not representative of the car's reliability.

I for one also think there are less posts now about problems than there were about 10 months ago. You use to hear about problems a lot but not so many significant problems reported now.

They are good cars - buy one!!

Post #7883716th Aug 2006 12:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Sturge wrote:
The people on here re just passionate about the car and talk alot about the issues that happen, so it is not representative of the car's reliability.

Exactly Smile

And its why the forum exists and we are all here in main.

Post #7886016th Aug 2006 12:57 pm
Matty1970

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Your comments have little reassurance on a car that’s done just over 600 miles and had over £3500 worth of repairs. A Friday Car maybe, reliability and quality control issues definitely.

Well Saturday is hopefully the last time it will be in the dealership, they have promise me a thorough inspection and correct the now sometimes working sun roof.

We’re off to Scotland next week, so a nice 800 miles round trip (a bit nervous about it really, with all the issues I have with it) to hopefully prove that is finally rid of all the problems reported in my earlier post.

Again, I don’t want to sound negative, I really like the car (when it’s working) it’s been fun to drive and have some enjoyment with it. I’m just fed up with all the reliability issues with it (so far) and the lack of support from the dealership and Land Rover.

Post #7886316th Aug 2006 12:59 pm
simon

Matty1970 wrote:
Your comments have little reassurance on a car that’s done just over 600 miles and had over £3500 worth of repairs. A Friday Car maybe, reliability and quality control issues definitely.

Surely any repairs / fixes are under warranty ?? And what could have possibly cost that much in just over 600 miles ?

Seems you have a right to ask for a new one if you've this amount of problems.

Good luck with getting it sorted out and have a great vacation Smile

Post #7890316th Aug 2006 2:33 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Matty1970 wrote:

Well Saturday is hopefully the last time it will be in the dealership, they have promise me a thorough inspection and correct the now sometimes working sun roof.

We’re off to Scotland next week, so a nice 800 miles round trip (a bit nervous about it really, with all the issues I have with it) to hopefully prove that is finally rid of all the problems reported in my earlier post.

Again, I don’t want to sound negative, I really like the car (when it’s working) it’s been fun to drive and have some enjoyment with it. I’m just fed up with all the reliability issues with it (so far) and the lack of support from the dealership and Land Rover.

lets hope the issues are fixed. if you have further problems don't take bu Censored sh Censored t from the dealer go to another and tell this forum Smile
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7890416th Aug 2006 2:36 pm
vertex

United Arab Emirates 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

question:
Do the dealers offer extended warranty post the standard 3 year one which comes a default?
If so, what should one expect to pay for it? (Say year 4, 5 and 6 for example)

I think that such an option would help many reluctant buyers to go ahead and get one knowing that they have some form of backup just in case! Rolling Eyes

Thanks in advance for the replies.
T

Post #7892216th Aug 2006 5:10 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Extended Warranty

i went for this for my 130 it is very expensive and it depends on the mileage that you have don so i did not bother.
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #7892416th Aug 2006 5:34 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

I went for extended warranty on my defender 110. It cost about £350, So far they have replaced the drivers seat, rear prop, 1 front and 1 rear wheel bearings, bonnett alarm switch, rear wiper, thermostat, both rear half shafts. and I'm only 1/2 way into the year. I would have put most of the above down to general wear and tear but it all got done no question asked. Wink
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #7893316th Aug 2006 6:55 pm
simon

I assume you have to purchase it during years 1, 2 or 3 ?

-s

Post #7894416th Aug 2006 7:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >