DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

CHIP OR REMAP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
soapy

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
CHIP OR REMAP

Evening all;

Iwas wondering what you guys out there found to be the best? Chip or remapping, as i am undecided which way to go. Is there anyone in the north of Scotland(INVERNESS) had it done, or which chip did you decide on. If you had it remapped what did you use and was it close to home ...... Bow down

Post #4345757th Mar 2009 9:17 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

For me its a REMAP, removable at service time and if ever you have probs before the LRA guys come out. I used BAS, a forum sponsor. Check Pete out.

Also available in Torque Tune for TFC, another great piece of kit, a forum member too

Post #4345807th Mar 2009 9:21 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Have two remaps (on 2 cars). TorqTune done by site member (sponsor??)10forcash (done when I lived down south) and TurboChip (on the car when I bought it). Can't really draw a conclusion between the two as the TT one is operating on lower power at the moment due to a problem I hope the dealer (Frank Ogg in Elgin) can fix. For me it's not a case of whether to get a remap or not, it's which one. I do a fair amount of time on the A9 between Aviemore & Perth, the extra power & torque to overtake is worth its weight in gold. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #4345817th Mar 2009 9:22 pm
MacLeod 313

I can only suggest BAS, as this is the one I use. The D3 is alive and a little more MPG is gained. However, if you are after more MPG then the remap will do this IF you drive normally, which is difficult with a remap to be honest Thumbs Up

Take a look at this like to help you Thumbs Up

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic29035.html?highlight=bas+remap

I think Pete is still doing the price, but have a look in depth with the thread and then look up TFC on his. I tried both and went with the choice I wanted.

Jason

Post #4345957th Mar 2009 9:49 pm
soapy

Hi guys

Thanks for getting back to me, am not doing as much travelling now but towing a heavy trailer and looking for the torque. MacLeod 313 your one sounds complicated,but a suppose you thot that to when you first got it. Where would i get it done locally DSL, all your help in this matter is appreciated boys..... Bow down

Post #4345977th Mar 2009 9:53 pm
MacLeod 313

Its not at all complicated. Call Pete at BAS and he will talk you through it. Once purchased he sends you a email with a Shortcut for your PC. When the kit arrives

You get this LCD screen and leads.

Take the LCD to the D3, make sure everything is off including interior lights. Plug in box just above the pedals is the connection, upload the D3's current ECU settings, your will get messages, errors etc, but this is the car testing itself. Then take the LCD to the PC and through the shortcut email the settings to Pete. He then remaps it and sends you the "ENJOY" one along with the standard one.

This means you then have BOTH standard and tuned on the LCD box, reverse the procedure and upload whichever one you want, whenever you want. Remember to put it to standard when its goes to LR though as they FLASH the ECU with updates and in tuned mode will naff it up.

Jason

PS, its easy and thats even hard for me at times to say

Post #4346067th Mar 2009 10:04 pm
soapy

Spot on MacLeod a might just try pete, how long does it take to download from the car and on to computor? It sounds complicated as i type this letter we one finger a think computors maybe beyond me. But saying have just had a thot what are siblings for,he might understand better than me. Also what bhp does it give you? Thumbs Up

Post #4346317th Mar 2009 10:32 pm
MacLeod 313

It takes minutes to do mate, and if you are worried Pete will offer all the assistance you need, whatever the time.

Post #4346387th Mar 2009 10:37 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I'm sure it would be worth a telephone call to all of the relevant site sponsors to get their take on this soapy Thumbs Up
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #4346427th Mar 2009 10:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Soapy, no idea of local remap as I lived down south. Click the TurbiChip link & give them a call, don't forget to ask for DISCO3.CO.UK discount. Alternatively give 10forcash a shout (via email or his site) to see if he's planning to come this far north. Some say you drop off the edge of the planet when you pass Perth, we know you are entering God's Country! Thumbs Up

Post #4346447th Mar 2009 10:42 pm
soapy

Am glad somebody else knows what the it is like in the north. I wil get round to doing that to but a may have to be nice to her indoors, as she no understand boys and their toys......... Bow down A may have to do abit o crawling or begging. Just trying to find out other peoples experiances and learn from you boys, but MacLeod is putting a thought in my mind.........

Post #4346897th Mar 2009 11:24 pm
MacLeod 313

Soapy, dont let me make you decide. TBH try out others remap/chip/tune. Some suit more than others and it depends on what you are after. Mine was my choice cos it ticked ALL the boxes for me. Like already mentioned, contact the other site sponsers to see whats available and prices, then make up your own mind on needs.

But one thing is certain, it certainly brings the D3 alive, a different vehicle all together Thumbs Up

Post #4347168th Mar 2009 12:36 am
Blobby

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Soapy. I use the BAS remap interface (that computer box thing) system too and was also a tad worried when I opened the box. Where the hell do I plug it in? It comes with instructions but I gave Pete at BAS a call (to make extra sure I was not doing something wrong) and he explained it all - not that there is really much to explain and it is simple to use - honest. Sit in the D3 drivers seat to download the original engine map which takes max 5 mins and if you can turn on a radio and tune it in, you can do this with ease. Back to the computer/laptop. Call to Pete (what now?) and he explains how to email the file to him. In my case, 45 minutes later I had a new file emailed back to me from Pete. I call him again (yes, I'm a high maintenance customer Rolling Eyes ) for instructions. Back to D3, plug in interface, uploading new file takes about 5 mins max and then you're free to drive your new power enhanced D3 and the difference is very pleasing as a lot more low down grunt, easier overtakes and in my case a 3mpg improvement. Stick the remap interface box thing in the boot in case you wish to upload the original remap at any time (when getting it serviced) and that's it. I rate this product very highly.

Post #4347698th Mar 2009 10:13 am
soapy

Hi guys

MacLeod your no making up ma mind but am trying to learn of guys like you who have got the experiance and the knowledge of the product, so i dont make the wrong move. I know its down to preferance and what you want the product to do,but having you and blobby as two satisfied customers, and it seems to be an exellant piece of kit. Thanks guys for all your help as a mentioned earlier ave one problem, but once i overcome her the rest will be a walk in the park.......... Thumbs Up

Post #4349788th Mar 2009 5:15 pm
Rodders

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Aye Aye

New to this site and new to D3's. I'm also from the inverness area and have been swithering over the idea of a chip or remap and still undecided as in which direction to go.

you committed yersel yet Soapy? - are you a happy bunny if so?

I did hear that Frank Ogg in Elgin was doing some form of chips but can't be sure - sounds strange being that they're main dealers like.

Cheers

Post #45203610th Apr 2009 7:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >