Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

How To - AMK Suspension Compressor Replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 15 <123 ... 131415
webego

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Anyone any thoughts on the above? I'm about to order the AF one tonight if nobody suggests not to Thumbs Up

Post #197591420th Aug 2018 9:41 pm
tangens

Norway 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Sorry to ask, but I'm trying to find out the mounting. What is this pipe?

Post #226323420th Nov 2021 10:35 am
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Ignore it, it's just the exhaust from the silencer.

Just make sure it's doesn't become crushed or obstructed. Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #226327120th Nov 2021 3:52 pm
tangens

Norway 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Thank you PROFSR G!
It was a couple of week since disassembled this, and I couldn't remember that pipe Embarassed

Post #226328120th Nov 2021 6:23 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You're welcome, we've all been there. Wait until you have taken the whole car to bits and have to put it back together again 6 months later. Whistle Laughing
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #226328920th Nov 2021 7:34 pm
scubble

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Just a quick message for people looking at this and wondering about doing it themselves. I have just fitted an AMK conversion kit to my discovery today using this guide and it really helped me alot, i am mechanically minded but not on a vehicle this new ( yep an 06 discovery is a new vehicle to me Rolling with laughter ) so something like this is abit daunting to me. Ive always had older land rovers , disco 1s and defenders , but i think anyone could do this using this guide

For anyone else thinking of doing it themselves just follow the guide step by step and it will all make sence. A few things to add that Disco Mickeys guide doesnt say ( although its probebly more the guide was written almost 10 years ago and the rot pixies will have been hard at work in the time between then and now)

- have some wire brushes and some chassis paint before starting this , mine was very scabby and starting to go where water had been trapped between the old bracket and the chassis, luckily it was worse then it looked but sanded it all back and resprayed it before fitting the new compressor.

- get some new fittings for the cover mounting bolts. Luckily mine survived but they are on their last legs , i do not know what the part number will be for them but they are smaller then the ones Disco Mickeys guide says to change ( the 3 for the compressor mounting bolts which are most deffinatly needed! my compressor was only been held up with one as the others had rotted away)

- The kit comes with some brass fittings that go insde the plastic pipe suppled to help it keep its shape, these go in coller end first and are pushed all the way into the pipe so the end is flush. You can boil some water and put the ends of the pipe in it to soften and expand the pipe to aid with fitting ( Disco Micky does say this but not in the original post, only posting it again to save people looking though every page to find this bit of information)

- Make sure the plastic pipe is fully pushed into the brass nuts, it can be very easy to not push them in far enough to get it into the brass compression fitting, one of them i had to take out and press the compression fitting on by hand to get it to seat right

- most importantly be very carefully when fitting the compressor to the mounting bracket, the bolts supplyed with the kit self tap there own threads into the compresser and one of them doesnt bottom out so you can strip the thread you have just cut with very little force ( torque setting is only 10nm ). I made this mistake and now im seeing if some thread lock repair will save me Embarassed

Awsome guide though i couldnt of done it without it Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 - Black SE with HSE upgrade  
Post #227998520th Feb 2022 8:03 pm
Deadea01

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Scubble , where could I find Disco Mickey’s guide to replacing a 2006 Lr3 suspension compressor , I’m fix’n to start 🙏 , David

Post #235045215th Oct 2023 6:16 pm
Deadea01

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thank you soooo much Mickey , David 👍

Post #235070717th Oct 2023 9:51 pm
Vidvandre

Norway 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Dunlop AMK Compressor: Air pressure sensor part #?

Hi, I just got "Only Normal Height Available" and when reading fault codes it turns out the air pressure sensor is faulty.

It is threaded so I should be able to replace it. I tried to buy it through my parts pusher (lrparts.net) but they tell me the air pressure sensor is not available as a replacement part.

I am sure it is a "standard" air pressure sensor from a renowned manufacturer and it (as opposed to the glued ones on the Hitachi). Does anyone know what manufacturer and/or part number for the sensor?

Thanks in advance!
 3rd : Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE 2014
2nd: Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE 2006
1st : Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5 2002
xth : Land Rover Discovery 6 Hydrogen

I'll Take The Road Not Taken 

Post #236716022nd Apr 2024 9:14 am
kevofcov

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

"The top bolt is very awkward to get at. You need just the right length of extension to get onto the bolt head. It is directly above the left hand lower bolt, roughly here. Alternatively, lever the old bracket off the chassis. If it breaks, it breaks. It is no longer needed. Or the captive nut may break up, and the compressor can be removed from the car"

Sorry if this is a repeat in this thread - if you have the later AMK type there is no need to remove the bracket and the pesky 3rd bolt

https://www.disco4.com/forum/discovery-4-s...04328.html

Post #236723122nd Apr 2024 8:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 15 of 15 <123 ... 131415
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >